Darragh MacAnthony

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

Dagger83 wrote:The guy has always annoyed me because the way he conducts himself in the media but he does seem like a really genuine bloke and has done wonders for Peterborough. We could do a lot worse. It would mean the conveyor belt up the A1 will be started up again mind...
Has he done wonders? They have a L1 level fanbase and they're in L1.

I'm not saying he's done bad, but he seems popular for no real reason.
Coydagger

TommyD&R wrote:Just been through his twitter. It’s just all fans asking if he’d like to invest in their club and him saying yes. So far he’s interested in St. Pats, Dagenham, Hartlepool, York, Leeds, Coventry, MLS and Harchester United
Does make me laugh. His original chat on Twitter was about Daggers to be fair, and now everyone is in beg mode! Let’s keep an eye on this one
Dagger83

Richie wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:The guy has always annoyed me because the way he conducts himself in the media but he does seem like a really genuine bloke and has done wonders for Peterborough. We could do a lot worse. It would mean the conveyor belt up the A1 will be started up again mind...
Has he done wonders? They have a L1 level fanbase and they're in L1.

I'm not saying he's done bad, but he seems popular for no real reason.
Weren't they L2 when he arrived? They've had a few seasons in the Championship and had some really exciting, attacking teams. He's also done as we have and buying up and coming talent and sold them on. I'd assume there's more Posh fans happy with him than without.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Hopefully there won’t be protests about him before he’s even had a chance to do anything.
Why would there be?

It happened with Tamplin
dagger4eva

With very good reason(s).....
Diggerthedog

Bit worried that a club owner from two leagues above was unaware of our situation. What is the Agent that is marketing the club doing exactly?
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:
NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Hopefully there won’t be protests about him before he’s even had a chance to do anything.
Why would there be?

It happened with Tamplin
Ohhhhh, I understand. You made a baseless comparison, thanks for clearing that up.
BarkingRambo

With Thommo stating that without the Gayle money (and probably half the other sales to Peterborough too) we would have gone bust years ago, the man has essentially been funding the club for years. Might as well make it official.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Why would there be?

It happened with Tamplin
Ohhhhh, I understand. You made a baseless comparison, thanks for clearing that up.[/quote]

Hardly. Someone new shows an interest in the club and there was protests against him.

Now someone else new has shown an interest in the club so hopefully there won’t be more protests.

Valid argument I think
jag

I do not think we can be to choosey, as we need the backing urgently, don't forget John Still is a mate of good old Barry Fry and I am sure some conversation would have gone on or discussions will be made soon to make sure all is above board, looking forward to some positive news on this.
Mark

I would still challenge the assertion that we need a backer. If we can't pay even this wage bill next season then we'll need a smaller squad on less money per head.

I'd rather be a Newcastle than a Chelsea. I still hope for a level headed owner who will cover only small losses and who is mainly concerned with running a tight ship.
Crushed Dreams

I would still challenge the assertion that we need a backer. If we can't pay even this wage bill next season then we'll need a smaller squad on less money per head.

I'd rather be a Newcastle than a Chelsea. I still hope for a level headed owner who will cover only small losses and who is mainly concerned with running a tight ship.
My thoughts too.
dagger4eva

I'm with Mark.

I fear we're probably past the point of no return now, given Mr Hopkin will likely be expect some if not all his cash back for the 57% shares.

If at all possible, I'd prefer to go back to the Members Club format - live within our means - punch above our weight.

Our soul has been sold now though and I fear Glyn is open to sell his share to whoever the hell he likes.

That said, I would be quite content if MacAnthony was to come on board.
rebeldagger

dagger4eva wrote:I'm with Mark.

I fear we're probably past the point of no return now, given Mr Hopkin will likely be expect some if not all his cash back for the 57% shares.

If at all possible, I'd prefer to go back to the Members Club format - live within our means - punch above our weight.

Our soul has been sold now though and I fear Glyn is open to sell his share to whoever the hell he likes.

That said, I would be quite content if MacAnthony was to come on board.

Is there any real conversation going on within the supporter's club as to organising a crowd funding initiative?

Or am i just day dreaming here?
Alan

In addition to new activities, have they been able to donate anything?
Alan wrote:The role of the supporters club seems to have changed in recent years. I remember when they would make donations to fund purchases, like goal nets and frost covers, possibly even sponsoring games but I might be dreaming that last bit. I’ve not heard of anything like that for years, although I could have missed it as I’m not a programme reader and am usually too busy talking at halftime to hear announcements. Have there been any donations in recent years?

If they supporters club have got any money in the kitty, have they offered to Donate some to the club? If not, can they?