VAR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

What are people's thoughts on this? The decision in the Huddersfield v Utd game just now was (in my opinion) ridiculous. A kneecap deemed offside and a goal chalked off.

I haven't been a fan of this technology at all so far. Far too slow to make decisions and now a very contentious one. I think I'd rather have incorrect decisions being made.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
RM1Dagger

I agree with using technology but the Mata offside- as you say effectively his knee cap was to mind my ridiculous. I always thought the benefit of any doubt should go to the forward. And even as a Huddersfield fan I wouldn't have been massively aggreived.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

The principal of the knee makes sense as the argument was that it could be used to play the ball and score a goal and therefore was officially offside... situation in general is that (as I understand) the VAR is only to be used for 'clear and obvious' mistakes which this didn't seem to be given the debatable decision made to chalk the goal off...

Fundamentally the decision can't take away (right or wrong) from players basically lining up to take a kick off to then be told 4 or 5 minutes later that the goal isn't a goal