Superb Lads!!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

18 hr day and worth every mile, every player today worked his socks off, and this goes up there with the Bromley game as surely our best this season, especially considering what we've lost over the last couple of weeks. Craig Robson what a leader, sureley M.O.T.M, and loved the clenched fist to us when we were cruising to this splendid win. Also when we did lose the ball our boys retrieved it so quickly and the passing was pushing all over the pitch, every blade, and we kept it. Long journey still to go and possibility one or two others may go soon, but if this spirit can stay were be alright, and John you must be well pleased with them mate!
DaggerJoel11

Completely agree and it's days like these that make travelling around the country to watch the team all the more enjoyable. It was only Torquay but that can't take anything away from the way we played - a quality performance but more importantly a 'team' performance. Everyone done their bit but special praise for Okenabirhie who should've ended the day with a hat-trick following the offside goal which seemed perfectly legitimate. All in all, without doubt one of our best showings this season and proof that it isn't all doom and gloom. Bring on Dover!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Brilliant result and sounded like a cracking performance... shows that what we have in the squad is certainly good enough if we can get something like a settled side for seven or eight games... I see i'm not the only one concerned Fejiri may still be off given the last few games
Kevin

That is a top effort & a cracking result from the boys..!!

C'mon you Daggers!! :clap:
Chigwellian

The performance was like the old daggers.. putting bodies in the way of shots .. fantastic!
I was wondering if any of the players that have now gone, was disrupting the dressing room!
I have one name in mind ....
lupins

Of course you do, the only surprise would be if you didn't

I assume you mean Dave Bibby
Chigwellian

Your point being??
DevonDagger

Glad to read that I saw the same game as most here, there was definitely a new/renewed sense of enthusiasm and heart in the team yesterday.

I'm not going to get too carried away as Torquay were appalling, an opinion shared by Torquay fans I know (I've got my bragging rights, but on last check nobody's blocked me yet). The only criticism I can have is that we completely played them off the pitch first half but didn't get a goal.

That said they never looked frustrated, never slowed down and even despite 3 players limping around at one point, they pressed and left nothing behind right until the end. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling proud of what we witnessed.

Fejiri has been sensational these last few games, one wonders where it's been the previous few months! I can't help contemplate though whether this latest performance might tempt another club to chuck another few thousand at us to try take him. Of all the players we could possibly lose, at the moment I genuinely hope he's one that we don't have to hand over to another side in this league. The big earners are mainly from last summer and given he joined us nearly two years ago from Harrow, hopefully he's not a big earner.

Onto to Dover on Tuesday - let's hope for the same level of effort and commitment then.
Mark

I'd be surprised if a FL club doesn't want him on loan with permanent deal in summer.
Adrian

FL clubs can't sign players on loan now can they?
Mark

Good point. Forgot they changed that rule.
Grimsweeper

Auntie Merge wrote:And all those who bet against us.....

:lol:
yes, how disloyal.

you couldnt make it up
DaggerJoel11

My Torquay match report is below. Please take a look!

http://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-rep ... dagenham-3
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Coydagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:My Torquay match report is below. Please take a look!

http://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-rep ... dagenham-3
Joel, your match reports are brilliant. Extremely well written for a young man and very engaging. Keep up the good work.
Dagdale

When you read posts like these on this thread that's when you really know watching and supporting a small sized non league club is worth every ounce of effort, we've all road a fair amount of depressing and anxious times as of late and although probably some hard times still to come the last two games have really lifted the gloom so well done to everybody associated with the daggers, spirit has been fantastic and long may it continue tonight at the white cliffs.