A Game Of Headers & Volleys Ep.26 w/ Steve Thompson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dr Monkatron

Hello all,

Sorry for the lateness with the podcast this week but there is a good reason and I think some explanation should be set out first.

At the weekend, Steve Thompson was invited to appear on this weeks podcast to clarify things concerning the club. To our surprise, he accepted this offer and so on Monday he arrived at the location for the recording. Because what is currently happening at the club, prior to recording, we sat down with Steve and went through our numerous questions with him. As many of the questions were all linked together by various scenarios, we made the decision that for flow purposes, instead of us firing questions at Steve for over an hour to get similar answers, he would cover all of our questions with a general chat about the various situations and then if we felt he missed anything out, to then just ask him. To be honest, I didn't expect him to be as candid as he was about various details so fair play to him for that.

This episode is a long one (our longest to date) but given our current predicament it was never going to be a short one.

Thanks in advance for listening

https://soundcloud.com/choochoofilms/a- ... twenty-six
CharlieC

Very informative interview/podcast boys, well done.

Pleasing that Thommo was able to have a voice, and whilst I'm still worried about the club's predicament, I feel a little more assured after that interview.
BarkingRambo

Got to agree, well done. A really good listen and good to hear Thommo be very honest about the situation (at least I felt he was honest).
nomis

Anyone that supports Dagenham & Redbridge must listen to this podcast. Another great one guys and very informative for the survival of our club.
Auntie Merge

It’s an excellent podcast. I hope everyone listens to it.
Mike the Dagger

An interesting listen. Hopefully a few people will reconsider how they have acted now.

Just on one hour in, phone call to Hopkin from the Supporters Club Secretary is new detail as far as I am aware. Wow, just wow!

Still questions regarding how we got into the state where we are so reliant on unsecured money we can be taken down like this though.
dagger4eva

Auntie Merge wrote:It’s an excellent podcast. I hope everyone listens to it.
Not going to demand this be taken down then??? Lol

Very much shows Steve cares and a human side to him he rarely portrays in person.

It still doesnt particularly justify the allowance to get into a state two years on the bounce and doesnt particularly justify (imo) Glyn's decision to depart and leave us in the shit.

But, nevertheless its a very good listen!
Dr Monkatron

Thanks everyone, even though it's a long podcast, I really appreciate you all taking the time to listen to it.

There's actually a massive section I had to take out of the podcast where Steve is talking about how he started at the club and his favourite players/matches. If I used all that then the podcast would've been well over 2 hours long. So I'll save that for future podcasts as it really does give more of a personal insight to the man and his love for this football club.
Diggerthedog

Good listen, hopefully people can move forward now.
ARNU

A brilliant piece of work fellas. Every supporter should listen to this.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Voice of reason

Mike the Dagger wrote:An interesting listen. Hopefully a few people will reconsider how they have acted now.

Just on one hour in, phone call to Hopkin from the Supporters Club Secretary is new detail as far as I am aware. Wow, just wow!

Still questions regarding how we got into the state where we are so reliant on unsecured money we can be taken down like this though.
Agree with all you say Mike

Whether it's a good idea for Thommo to name people as he did and seem to criticise the supporters club remains to be seen
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:An interesting listen. Hopefully a few people will reconsider how they have acted now.

Item 3 I think mentions something like this
http://www.viewsfromthesieve.co.uk/view ... f=2&t=3072
NBDag

As far as I’m concerned, if what he has said is true then he is right to say it. My impression of the upper echelons of the supporters club over the past few months has started to be that because they are a supporters club, they can never be wrong. Which is making me find it hard to like them right now.

Applaud Thommo for having the balls that Glyn never had and facing up to someone. Although I am still sceptical about his workload and role within the club, I will not allow anyone to say that he doesn’t not have the best interests of the club at heart without calling them a toss pot.
Mike the Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:

Item 3 I think mentions something like this
http://www.viewsfromthesieve.co.uk/view ... f=2&t=3072
Ah yes, that makes sense now.

Contrasts with "We note the comments on the club statement about a viscous campaign against the managing director. We are not aware of any such campaign..." though if so.
Daggernewbie

Now they have interviewed Steve Thompson are Joel & Terry going return the compliment and interview the supporters club to hear their side of the story ?