What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Daggernewbie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:19 pm

DagenHammer87 wrote:I love the hypothetical idea of this thread... There are some absolute ******** brilliant ideas knocking around. Really well done all.

Ideas that won't cost millions, ideas that are real and have foundations and show perhaps a little that the fans have been taken for granted for a little while.

Are there any plans for us to take these to the board? Would us supporters be able to pressure the club into listening to us?

The last few months have been about a scrap metal TOWIE merchant and a bloke banging about in an old Micra... Really, this club is about US. Without us this club is nothing. They make out like it's not but then get the begging bowl out for you to come along and bring everyone you know when the crowds dwindle.

Let's face facts, ST is going nowhere for a while - but we can make them listen. Not one for protests or anything over stuff like this but I think we need to make the board listen.

Surely the supporters club should be driving this. Make a list of reasonable changes the club can make relatively quickly and easily and then get everyone on board.

I'm giving serious consideration to joining the supporters club - I really am. Dagenham has been a big part of my life for a very long time. I bring my daughter and in time my son will come along too. I want them to feel that same sense of belonging that I felt when I walked through that door for the first time.

Happy to help out where I can with this.
Your point about the supporters club driving this ,the amount of times we have requested meeting with the board with a cross section of supporters keeps falling on deaf ears.

Chigwellian
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Chigwellian » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Is there any reason why we can’t sell a parking season ticket for the car park at the ground?
I know tranmere does it.
Or pay £3 for a match day space ..

Alan
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Alan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:26 pm

I’ve suggested this before. Got to be worth looking at.

User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by ThatRoundThing » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Alan wrote:I’ve suggested this before. Got to be worth looking at.
The car park doesn’t actually have that many vacant spaces after playing staff, directors,away team directors, club members, sponsors, match day staff, stewards and officials have taken their allocated spaces. I asked the same question and that was the answer I was given.

Alan
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Alan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:54 pm

From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.

dagger4eva
Posts: 1529
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by dagger4eva » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 am

It also doesnt make sense for people to pay anything to park at the club m, when as you say, there are spaces on the surrounding streets they can park in for free.

Alan
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 am

Yet there are people, me amongst them, who would pay to have a guaranteed spot.

NBDag
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by NBDag » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 am

Alan wrote:From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
From a business perspective, I’d rather ensure my staff are on time and not late because they’re struggling to get parked in the backroads. Imagine the uproar on here about unprofessionalism if the bar opened 10 mins late because staff were struggling to park. As long as you give the club £3 to save yourself from the horror of walking 5 mins extra to the ground though!

Dagger42
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Dagger42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am

Stick the away fans in the Bury Road end and let the home fans in sieve access to the bar. Line the drinks up ready for sale at half time buy one pint get one free. Bring back old crest but take off heraldry just have shield but make it larger.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Daggernewbie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:18 am

Dagger42 wrote:Stick the away fans in the Bury Road end and let the home fans in sieve access to the bar. Line the drinks up ready for sale at half time buy one pint get one free. Bring back old crest but take off heraldry just have shield but make it larger.
Fine idea but are you prepared to pay more money to access it like they do now.

Dagger42
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Dagger42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:07 am

you can still have separate terrace and seat price. The extra cost is for being able to sit Carling pay more than TBS but they have no access to the bar.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Daggernewbie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:23 am

Dagger42 wrote:you can still have separate terrace and seat price. The extra cost is for being able to sit Carling pay more than TBS but they have no access to the bar.
Just to put another spanner in the works how would they be able to tell where you come from when you finished your half time plastic pint of beer not been funny with you just like to know how you would work it.

Dagger42
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Dagger42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Stewards can put a sash on you like school sports days Red for seats blue for standing.

Alan
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by Alan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote:From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
From a business perspective, I’d rather ensure my staff are on time and not late because they’re struggling to get parked in the backroads. Imagine the uproar on here about unprofessionalism if the bar opened 10 mins late because staff were struggling to park. As long as you give the club £3 to save yourself from the horror of walking 5 mins extra to the ground though!
1. Staff normally arrive before the punters, so parking should be much easier; 2. That’s the spirit, let’s find as many obstacles as we can to raising money and improving the match day experience, why change anything, it’s all working so well.

canveydagger
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 pm

Re: What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Post by canveydagger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:57 pm

Chigwellian wrote:Is there any reason why we can’t sell a parking season ticket for the car park at the ground?
I know tranmere does it.
Or pay £3 for a match day space ..
Don't think the club can charge a fee for parking at the ground as the council own the land, so i was told a few years ago by some of the stewards. say they might be wrong but that what they told me when i asked about car parking.

Post Reply