What changes would you make if you took over the club ?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Alan wrote:
NBDag wrote:
Alan wrote:From a business perspective, if you’ve got spaces you could be charging for, giving them away free to match day staff who could park for free in the surrounding streets doesn’t make much sense.
From a business perspective, I’d rather ensure my staff are on time and not late because they’re struggling to get parked in the backroads. Imagine the uproar on here about unprofessionalism if the bar opened 10 mins late because staff were struggling to park. As long as you give the club £3 to save yourself from the horror of walking 5 mins extra to the ground though!
1. Staff normally arrive before the punters, so parking should be much easier; 2. That’s the spirit, let’s find as many obstacles as we can to raising money and improving the match day experience, why change anything, it’s all working so well.
And those resident’s cars are there all day which make it hard for the punters to park. Staff take priority. I’ve never heard anyone complain about parking at all until you. It’s not an obsticle it’s just a shit idea
Alan

Excellent. This is the sort of constructive can do attitude that will improve things.
NBDag

But your naff idea won’t improve things either.
Auntie Merge

If we had a car park of 500 spaces where the potential revenue was £1500-£2500 a game then well and good. But we don’t. And as soon as you start charging for the car park those who don’t want to pay park elsewhere.
Given the number of spaces available, I get the feeling the cost of administering the car park, or any car park season tickets, would well exceed any revenue.

Then you might end up with issues such as Saturday. Kick off moved, TV game, functions in the halls, no car park spaces available. You can just see the fuss that would be kicked up.
Alan

Theres always someone willing to find a reason why something can’t be done instead of finding ways to get things done.

It would not be very costly or hard for the bloke with the clipboard at the entry to the car park to be given the names of the parking season ticket holders, would it? Or to make it conditional that if tv reduced capacity, you might lose your spot. But still, let’s shout down any ideas, because everything is awesome.
Auntie Merge

Let’s not spoil the collaborative theme of this thread because one or two ideas are having holes picked in them.
Daggernewbie

Dagger42 wrote:Stewards can put a sash on you like school sports days Red for seats blue for standing.
:lol:
durnzo

The Romford Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Theres a bucket under one of the urinals that was placed there back in November, only because I complained about the piss leaking all over the floor.

Said bucket is still there collecting said piss.
So task no.1 would be to pop down to dave the plumbers old shop and get stuff to have it fixed.

Task 2. TBA

If that’s true, I’m suprised they’ve not failed some sort of public hygiene test.
Not sure about hygiene tests at footy grounds. We always used to laugh at the toilets in the away end at pompey where you pissed on a wall with a little trough in the concrete floor!!! What could go wrong??
Dagger42

Dagger42 wrote:Stewards can put a sash on you like school sports days Red for seats blue for standing.
But on serious note it would only need the stewards to check if you have a seating or standing ticket next to entrance to bar. I always see away supporters moaning about having to pay 21 pound so maybe if they are stuck on the Bury Road end at cheaper price more might turn up.
Mike the Dagger

Try to refresh the club by opening up full membership and encouraging people under 80 (which seems the current group) to contribute to the running of the club. They stiill own over a quarter of the shares and have a seat in the board.

Get a proper commercial manager.

Have a better PR operation.

Stick away fans on the Bury Road End terrace where they get wet and can't make a noise.

Close the TBS until we need it again, save on stewarding it.

Play the "anti-racism/community" game as the first one at home after the kids go back to school and try to sell extra season tickets to the larger audience. Having it in January/February is madness.

And one other change, not for public consumption.
Chigwellian

Get rid of Toss pot Thompson .. he can go and do one like his mate - hop a long Hopkin
Mike the Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:Get rid of Toss pot Thompson .. he can go and do one like his mate - hop a long Hopkin
That's the spirit!

:clap:
Chigwellian

You can always rely on me, mike :thumbu:
NickMurphy

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Get a proper commercial manager.

Have a better PR operation.
Yes and yes.

I understand that we have budgetary constraints (although apparently not on recent evidence) but get two people good at these two things and they pay back their salary comfortably in the long run.
Dagenham92

None.

It’s being run perfectly at the moment.