Torquay away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

Odds on Romain stuffing it up us???
Mike the Dagger

daggersjeff wrote:Odds on Romain stuffing it up us???
He's on loan, somin all likelihood cannot play.
Dagdale

I really can't make this one out? I know were strapped of cash and Romain sent out on loan before it became to 'critical' but from when I've seen this lad coming on (as mainly a substitute) he really goes for it and puts in a top effort to break the net, something that is costing us dearly and with just one win out of eight going down the same slide as I and many others so remember when we slid down that awful relegation season from the EFL and carbon copy of not putting that ball in the blessed net! Really hope he can't start against us cause it seems Torquay are getting the best out of him right now.
Daggernewbie

Loan players can`t play against their parent club just to clear that up.
RayleighDagger1986

I'll be there Saturday. Never been and taken advantage of family living less than 1.0 mile from the ground. Weather looks good.
DevonDagger

Usually very hyped for this game but the circumstances recently have taken the gloss of it a little. Nonetheless I'll be there given it's a few miles down the road and I'm still very hopeful we can come away with a win and some bragging rights over a few people I know.

Fairly sure we won't have Cheek for this one but hopefully Corey and Fejiri will still be available.

I was a little puzzled the local paper here said "...Romian normally wouldn't be able to play...". Normally? Part of me wondered whether they were trying to create a permanent deal. Nonetheless there isn't likely to be many of us Daggers hoping he can play that's for sure. I also hope we bring a good number down and create a bit of noise, let's get back the team when it matters most. My weekend will be made if we win and Sparksy can get a goal! :innocent:

For those going Saturday do you plan on standing behind the goal or sitting in the stand? I never miss the fixture but everyone seems to do different each time!
Last edited by DevonDagger on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RayleighDagger1986

Where's the best place for a beer before the game DevonDagger?
DevonDagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Where's the best place for a beer before the game DevonDagger?
Personally, I'll be going to Boots & Laces which is located at the ground. Home and away fans welcomed. Failing that, I've also been to The George Inn which you can find on Babbacombe Road, that was alright.
RayleighDagger1986

Im staying in St Marychuurh till Sunday, guess Ill head to the ground for a pint or two. All depends though on which place offers the better beer!
RayleighDagger1986

Im staying in St Marychuurh till Sunday, guess Ill head to the ground for a pint or two. All depends though on which place offers the better beer!
Dagdale

As we all need a good drink to get over what's been going on at our little club as of late this fixture pending weather keeps firm is 'ideal' for it, true Boots and Laces is a good friendly club bar, and always recalling playing some good music there, if there's a game on though that could be dented, and an award winning fish and chippie around the corner (Hanbury's) but for those venturing away a bit from the ground (10 min walk) Babbacombe Road has some good boozers, George Inn, Dog and Duck ( Sky tv) and Mason's Arms, and stacks of others 15 minutes or so into the town, just watch the hills though this place is a mecca for them! We might not carry great numbers but what we take were try to push them on, taking the 7.30 Paddington and know a few others on that and a few to follow later. As well as Devon met a few others from that region of ex Dagenham stock over the years so we may surprise Torquay United fc. Deflated daggers maybe but hope we all come home a lot happier come 5.
ThatRoundThing

Who has a bet on another Daggers loss today? 11/8 Torquay when I was on it, 23/20 now.

I would prefer to lose this bet, made money early in the season with Btts and Ov 2.5 bets.

Safe journey Daggers fans.
daggersjeff

Be Interesting to see our line up today. Anyone of note not in the squad or maybe on the bench unused(as per Whitely against Aldershot), and you could have a fair punt on them being next out of the door!
RayleighDagger1986

Or play some of the fringe players to put them in the shop window!