Banning orders

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blackie645
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by Blackie645 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:48 am

THOMPSON out of the club I love, it’s not his to have, he Haas stuck around like as bad smell,

Daggernewbie
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Daggernewbie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 am

I just like everyone to know what ever reason Steve Thompson banned Steve for only he knows, if it was about the flags they have not been shown at the last two away games but I think he has lit the flame again and more than likely they will appear again and I`m not one of the flag owners before anyone asks.

BB-Dagger
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by BB-Dagger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 am

Daggernewbie wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:44 am
BB-Dagger wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:20 am
I’m looking at this as someone who was obviously not present at this incident but here is my view of events......
Since at least October the board have been requesting that the flags causing upset with mr humpkin be put away to stop the afore mentioned person sulking and walking away taking his ball with him.... after recent revelations regarding our finances there is no doubt that there is an awful lot of stress around the club, so here is my take on it,

Mr T spots one of the flag owners in the club bar and approaches him to ask a question, the flag owner ignores him of says go away so after a cpl of attempts Mr T gets the hump and kicks the flag owner out of the club, all plausible and from my point of view reasonable, my question is why didn’t the flag owners want to talk, was it through the embarrassment of knowing their actions could have caused the clubs problems and they had no answer for reasons the still insisted on displaying the flags other than to cause maximum embarrassment to Mr T ?
Being neutral in this my opinion is that the flag owners are arseholes for continuing there display and the directors are unskilled in there approach to club supporters. The only way to rectify this is for them to sit down and discuss in a proper manner without alcohol being consumed beforehand
As previously stated I don’t know this steeeevo but if asked who I would trust in saving the club from its present situation I would just say Mr T, solely because of his long term association with the club.
I`m not going to correct you on a couple of things you have mentioned but this one I will ,I`ve taken this from a reply Steve said before the ban it`s on A Game Of Headers & Volleys Ep.26 w/ Steve Thompson ( taken a part of his reply )" I've already stated in another thread that my personal opinion is that the flags have probably run their course, but I am powerless to stop owners of other flags continuing if they so wish".So does this not show that Steve is not interested in the flags no more.
You can correct me on as many points as you want, As I said it’s just my opinion I’m not saying I’m 100% correct on the facts, but one fact that is apparent is the fact that the flags have caused these events, a personal point is that I have always found the North Korea flag amusing, can’t say I’ve ever noticed the confederate flag but then again I’m not too bothered either way, seems to me that both sides need to grow up and deal with the situation in an adult manner.

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:05 am

This idea that Thommo takes a fortune out of the club creases me up. I would imagine you can find this out in a set of accounts quite easily anyway, but I reckon the 50k figure is nearer the mark than the 200k one, and 50k a year is hardly taking a fortune out of the club. I understand Thommo lives in a semi detached house in the Upminster area, not a 15 bed mansion in Abridge!!!

Saying that I don't agree with his action on this one. I think it's been a positive week on a number of fronts and this sets things back a bit. It's his choice to make though I guess. Maybe if Steveoo had spoken to him in the club the other week this could have been avoided?? Maybe Steveoo and Thommo could get together as others have suggested, apologise to one another for any mis understandings and then move on??

BB-Dagger
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:32 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by BB-Dagger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 am

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:05 am
This idea that Thommo takes a fortune out of the club creases me up. I would imagine you can find this out in a set of accounts quite easily anyway, but I reckon the 50k figure is nearer the mark than the 200k one, and 50k a year is hardly taking a fortune out of the club. I understand Thommo lives in a semi detached house in the Upminster area, not a 15 bed mansion in Abridge!!!

Saying that I don't agree with his action on this one. I think it's been a positive week on a number of fronts and this sets things back a bit. It's his choice to make though I guess. Maybe if Steveoo had spoken to him in the club the other week this could have been avoided?? Maybe Steveoo and Thommo could get together as others have suggested, apologise to one another for any mis understandings and then move on??
This

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 587
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Save the daggers - game v West Ham

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am

You are very up and down aren't you DtD!!! One minute you are Chief Cheerleader for this event (which is a very positive thing to be) and next you are saying you wont buy a ticket because of Thommo and Steveoos fall out!!

Steveoo has clearly demonstrated on here that he is able to put his point across in an articulate and forthright way and am sure he can again on this matter.

You claim to love the club yet have managed to turn the most positive thread on here into a negative one. Maybe the mods could move these last few posts, including mine, to another thread (although they will no doubt be accused of acting like North Korea should they do so).

admin
Site Admin
Posts: 473
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Re: Save the daggers - game v West Ham

Post by admin » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:29 am

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 am
You are very up and down aren't you DtD!!! One minute you are Chief Cheerleader for this event (which is a very positive thing to be) and next you are saying you wont buy a ticket because of Thommo and Steveoos fall out!!

Steveoo has clearly demonstrated on here that he is able to put his point across in an articulate and forthright way and am sure he can again on this matter.

You claim to love the club yet have managed to turn the most positive thread on here into a negative one. Maybe the mods could move these last few posts, including mine, to another thread (although they will no doubt be accused of acting like North Korea should they do so).


This has been done.

daggerfirst
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by daggerfirst » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 am

Daggernewbie wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 am
I just like everyone to know what ever reason Steve Thompson banned Steve for only he knows, if it was about the flags they have not been shown at the last two away games but I think he has lit the flame again and more than likely they will appear again and I`m not one of the flag owners before anyone asks.
The club is in dire straights and these ******** flag owners seem to be as thick as the shit that came out my arse this morning.
Steveooo was a flag ownee. Thommo is right to ban all flag owners if it brings in the club new ownership.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Daggernewbie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:43 am

daggerfirst wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 am
Daggernewbie wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 am
I just like everyone to know what ever reason Steve Thompson banned Steve for only he knows, if it was about the flags they have not been shown at the last two away games but I think he has lit the flame again and more than likely they will appear again and I`m not one of the flag owners before anyone asks.
The club is in dire straights and these ******** flag owners seem to be as thick as the shit that came out my arse this morning.
Steveooo was a flag ownee. Thommo is right to ban all flag owners if it brings in the club new ownership.
You know talk about thick as shit do you know how to read If not I put it in capital letters for you THE FLAGS HAVE NOT BEEN SHOWN AT THE LAST TWO AWAY GAMES is that easier for you.

Blackie645
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:29 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by Blackie645 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 am

Daggerfirst goe and support Barking

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Diggerthedog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 pm

NBDag wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:37 am
InTheKnow wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:22 am
According to the last set of accounts the members received, I’d say £50k iwould be nearer a whole year’s earnings for him not 25%.
Then if this is the case, I’ll ask Diggerthedog if he would give up his entire annual salary to help out his employer. But funnily enough I still think that McDonald’s won’t be receiving a penny back :whistle:
Probably knows this is his last job, who relate would employ him apart from a zoo?

Voice of reason
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Banning orders

Post by Voice of reason » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:05 pm
Steevvoo has given permission for this to be posted.Please note there is no reason given for the ban or how long the ban lasts.Is this pettiness on behalf of our MD for not talking to him also does this mean that he doesn`t need a reason to ban you now.
Very silly move by Thommo
He's had the chance to take the moral high ground but can't help himself
Outsiders will say no wonder a North Korean flag has been displayed at games

Adrian
Posts: 1181
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Adrian » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:26 pm

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:05 am
This idea that Thommo takes a fortune out of the club creases me up. I would imagine you can find this out in a set of accounts quite easily anyway, but I reckon the 50k figure is nearer the mark than the 200k one, and 50k a year is hardly taking a fortune out of the club. I understand Thommo lives in a semi detached house in the Upminster area, not a 15 bed mansion in Abridge!!!

Saying that I don't agree with his action on this one. I think it's been a positive week on a number of fronts and this sets things back a bit. It's his choice to make though I guess. Maybe if Steveoo had spoken to him in the club the other week this could have been avoided?? Maybe Steveoo and Thommo could get together as others have suggested, apologise to one another for any mis understandings and then move on??
Thommos address is available on the Companies House website. Anquick look at the road and houses on it would suggest hat if he's earning £200k a year then he's probably sitting on a lot of cash, because that sort of money would get you a lot more.

Something that doesn't seem to have been picked up is that all that has now happened is that Thompson has provided the confirmation of the ban in writing, which is what he was asked for at the time.
So, nothing has actually changed in nearly two weeks but then usual suspects have made an awful lot out of it again.

Leopardman
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Leopardman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:15 pm

I did think all along that there was more than just the flags that caused Glyn Hopkin to walk away but no other reason seems to be coming out. Regarding the banning, on the podcast interview with Thommo did he not say that he was asked to show the person involved e mails and did so. Then the guy did not return his calls so he approached him at the club?
If that is the case, & I may well have got it wrong, what was in the e mails that the guy did not want to discuss either on the phone or in person?

Diggerthedog
Posts: 2648
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Banning orders

Post by Diggerthedog » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:26 pm

At the point of when the MD approached Steeevvo in the clubhouse the matter was finished, the flags were no longer and the club and its fans were moving on. But oh no Mr MD wants to carry on the conversation and make matters worse but banning someone for nothing. The flag that Steeevvo part owned has been about for some three years, surely that ban should have been back then? Why did the MD just not leave it? I tell you why because he is a self endulgent prick. This club will never ever mov forward with him in charge, if he loved the club he would walk away as it clearly not working with him in charge. The last four years he has run a failing business yet as I understand has had pay rises in the process.

I won't be buying anything from the club or spending anymore of my cash until Steevoos ban is reversed, this includes attending the West Ham match.

Post Reply