Scott Doe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Just feel like these texts and sulking from Hopkin and others are just empty threats. How often do newspapers post speculation or pure false stories. If they can get away with it I’m sure we’re fine. Seeing as we aren’t even been given proof of these I doubt they’re even real. Admin does have record for lying about the legitimacy of documents after all...
admin
Site Admin

It’s good to see that you respect a player that has made over 300 appearances for us and his right to privacy.

The threat of legal action is enough.
You cannot say allegedly and get away with it.
Particularly when your speculation is libellous.

Please pay tribute to Scott if you wish, and wish him good luck.
The Romford Dagger

admin wrote:It’s good to see that you respect a player that has made over 300 appearances for us and his right to privacy.

The threat of legal action is enough.
You cannot say allegedly and get away with it.
Particularly when your speculation is libellous.

Please pay tribute to Scott if you wish, and wish him good luck.

Personally, and you can ban me if you wish, I think you’ve been massively over the top and heavy handed since becoming a moderator.

You were a good poster on here before you started to abuse your power.

There’s always a reason why a thread has to be edited/removed/locked and I think it’s wrong. That’s my opinion. I’ll leave it there.
admin
Site Admin

Your opinion is not fact.

Since December there were 3 threads deleted.
One was potentially abusive at a time we’d had a legal threat and there would be no moderator on board and two were arguing about why the thread was deleted.
If you read the rules of the forum, continually arguing with Admin is not on. We have a very difficult job to do.

The only thing heavy handed is your response to what is moderation to protect both the posters and the moderators from legal action. There have been two such threats In the past 14 days.

But don’t worry. I will be quitting because quite frankly I haven’t got time for this, my work is keeping me off the forum. Most of today’s moderation was done by Mark.
NBDag

admin wrote:Your opinion is not fact.
We know so stop bloody deleting it! And if you can’t say allegedly and get away with it then Have I got News for You would not be a thing. You’re full of shit.
The Romford Dagger

admin wrote:Your opinion is not fact.

Since December there were 3 threads deleted.
One was potentially abusive at a time we’d had a legal threat and there would be no moderator on board and two were arguing about why the thread was deleted.
If you read the rules of the forum, continually arguing with Admin is not on. We have a very difficult job to do.

The only thing heavy handed is your response to what is moderation to protect both the posters and the moderators from legal action. There have been two such threats In the past 14 days.

But don’t worry. I will be quitting because quite frankly I haven’t got time for this, my work is keeping me off the forum. Most of today’s moderation was done by Mark.

If you don’t think editing so many threads isn’t ‘heavy handed’ then I think this place will continue to go downhill.

I’ll leave you to it. I’ll just sit back and watch the forum without posting. I won’t be the only person to think the OTT moderating is wrong.
Mark

We aren't the BBC, we don't have a legal team and this isn't a job. If individuals or organisations with the means to pay lawyers talk about legal action, and it seems plausible, then it will be acted upon. It isn't worth the hassle to put up any kind of defence.

I also reckon whoever makes HIGNFY has a pretty good idea of what is true and what isn't before they start making jokes about people. This stuff about Doe is tittle tattle and hearsay.

It's just a forum at the end of the day. If you want to talk about the rumours there are plenty of places you can do it that don't concern me. It isn't worth getting annoyed about.
Voice of reason

Mark wrote:We aren't the BBC, we don't have a legal team and this isn't a job. If individuals or organisations with the means to pay lawyers talk about legal action, and it seems plausible, then it will be acted upon. It isn't worth the hassle to put up any kind of defence.

I also reckon whoever makes HIGNFY has a pretty good idea of what is true and what isn't before they start making jokes about people. This stuff about Doe is tittle tattle and hearsay.

It's just a forum at the end of the day. If you want to talk about the rumours there are plenty of places you can do it that don't concern me. It isn't worth getting annoyed about.
Well said
Lcbdagger

What an incredible state of affairs
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:What an incredible state of affairs
Affairs :nono:
dagger4eva

Come on lads, lets not rub it in anymore...
Diggerthedog

Carry this on and I will have to get some muscle involved.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Carry this on and I will have to get some muscle involved.
That’s knot a problem
dagger4eva

Dear o dear DTD .. your threats are easily penetrated!
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Dear o dear DTD .. your threats are easily penetrated!
Don’t be too hard on him though