Poll

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Should Auntie Merge give up the moderator role?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 54
Mike the Dagger

rebeldagger wrote:
Gravy wrote:**** any lawyers they can't do anything for someone having an opinion. As long as none of It is sexist,racist or homophobic. Why are people kissing his arse and sticking up for his business saying things like he's a local businessman and anything said on here can affect his business **** he's business what about how he has affected DRFC. Not one person is bigger than this club anyone can be replaced.
That simply is not true.

https://www.ft.com/content/374299f0-295 ... d2e1c81cca

Have a quick glance of the article, in particular the paragraph on Blackpool FC.
You most certainly can get into a mess posting stuff online, however it does need to be actual libel or defamation to do so.

Posting links to information in reputable news outlets and the Advertising Standards Agency is neither of these.

Nor is pointing out the absurdity of denying a particular chant is sung at a football ground. Tune in at 12.30 I suggest.
BB-Dagger

I think these polls are pointless unless you vote her out and want the job yourself!
It’s a thankless task trying to keep a forum happy and non libellous, that being said I’m sure a certain Aunty would have to admit that the way “secret” messages posted on here from unnamed sources has not helped the situation at all, these messages should have been open and frank to everyone from the beginning so that every supporter on this forum and others that do not read it / registered were well aware that a tantrum and mega sulk was about to take place regarding the flags.
This club is all about the supporters but in recent weeks it’s decende into a secret squirrel forum, comments edited, people warned off and other hypocritical boards started. (ie fight club)
stanton101

BB-Dagger wrote:I think these polls are pointless unless you vote her out and want the job yourself!
It’s a thankless task trying to keep a forum happy and non libellous, that being said I’m sure a certain Aunty would have to admit that the way “secret” messages posted on here from unnamed sources has not helped the situation at all, these messages should have been open and frank to everyone from the beginning so that every supporter on this forum and others that do not read it / registered were well aware that a tantrum and mega sulk was about to take place regarding the flags.
This club is all about the supporters but in recent weeks it’s decende into a secret squirrel forum, comments edited, people warned off and other hypocritical boards started. (ie fight club)
Well said.
It made me laugh on the website video with Still about the Aldershot match, saying "We've known about our situation for some time!"
Yeah thanks John, for letting US know that something was wrong. As per usual the fans are the last to know, don't matter about the shit performances, but keep coming and we'll let you know in due course what's up.
Family club, my arse, more like MI5.
Mark

I don't really buy the unsettling bit and think it's a bit convenient. They've all been paid to do a job yet some of them seem reluctant to do it to the best of their ability.