Awkward

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Auntie Merge

I give an unconditional and unreserved apology to anything that I said in that thread.
I was 'reliably informed' by people who did not check or verify their sources.

This is a blanket apology to the club and anyone connected with the club, and in particular Steve Thompson.

I hope we can now close the matter and unite the club for once and for all.
IanC

YOU ARE THE RIGHTFUL LEADER,AND THERE IS STRENGTH IN YOU.I SEE IT.UNITE US.UNITE THE CLANS!!!!!
MR P

IanC wrote:YOU ARE THE RIGHTFUL LEADER,AND THERE IS STRENGTH IN YOU.I SEE IT.UNITE US.UNITE THE CLANS!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
Chigwellian

Auntie Merge wrote:
I give an unconditional and unreserved apology to anything that I said in that thread.
I was 'reliably informed' by people who did not check or verify their sources.

This is a blanket apology to the club and anyone connected with the club, and in particular Steve Thompson.

I hope we can now close the matter and unite the club for once and for all.
A blanket apology to the club ... don’t make me laugh .. Kim Jung doesn’t accept apologies, and there lies the problem

Kim Jung will fall and I will be there cheering!
TomMc

Who was it that lied to you Merge? Are you willing to name names?
Auntie Merge

I can’t honestly remember who dictated that post to me. I had so many conversations that day. :ermm:

But the post was dictated to me. The whole post. Every word. :ninja:
TomMc

When you say "post", do you mean email? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Edit - I meant "who lied to you about this supposed email existing"?
Alan

To summarise, “some bigger boys did it and ran off”
Auntie Merge

I’ve apologised and I now consider the matter closed. We’ve got other things to focus on, positive things to help take the club forward. Let’s think about those instead.
TomMc

I know you've had good intentions in all of this Merge but I don't think it's as easy as saying "the matter's closed".

It's extremely difficult to believe that you were provided information about a smoking gun email to do what you & others have wanted to do for a while and get rid of Thommo, and yet you now can't remember who did so. I think a piece of information like that would stick with you, especially as there's a good chance it wasn't a one-off conversation, and it's likely that you spoke to that person again at some point to clarify questions you would've had after thinking about the initial information you were given. To have no recollection of who this was is troubling.

The problem with all of this is that it's very hard to believe anything you say going forward. This isn't me joining the mob and "piling on", just giving to two-pence worth.
Diggerthedog

Auntie Merge wrote:I’ve apologised and I now consider the matter closed. We’ve got other things to focus on, positive things to help take the club forward. Let’s think about those instead.
Well stop posting bollocks about flags and Hopkin and get on with it.
TomMc

There's a great nugget in that original thread too
Bet Glyn Hopkin reads a lot of this bullshit and thinks why did I bother.
Well, indeed.
Diggerthedog

TomMc wrote:There's a great nugget in that original thread too
Bet Glyn Hopkin reads a lot of this bullshit and thinks why did I bother.
Well, indeed.
Why you here Tom you don't bother anymore......
TomMc

Diggerthedog wrote:Why you here Tom you don't bother anymore......
I may not bother with this forum much any more (people like you have made it rather unwelcoming if I'm honest - nice to see you got a shiny new attendance register for Christmas though), but I still care about what's going on. I got a season ticket again, came to a few games but didn't really enjoy the hostile & aggressive atmosphere from the people around me so found other ways to spend my Saturdays again.

The fact that people like you think unless you live & breathe the club you're not allowed an opinion on stuff, or even allowed to comment on what's going on, is as much of the problem with the current supporter-disconnect as anything else that's going on with the club, in my opinion.