Conversation with Glyn Hopkin 7/2/2018

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

If the club had made a statement about the flag it would have made no difference.
We'd have just had the same crap about North Korea and Soviet State because a few idiots think they should be able to do what they want at a football ground.
Diggerthedog

I don't think that would be the case, but we will never know.
RampantDuke

For crying out loud. If I had thought that a few stupid sarcastic flags would practically bring the club to its’ knees I would have burnt the f’ing things personally. How childish from both the people who insisted on keep putting them up and also Glyn Hopkin for being so ridiculously over sensitive. You couldn’t make this stuff up!

I have just watched Spurs v Newport on TV and could clearly hear the Yid Army chant throughout the whole match. I trust that Mr Hopkin will have also heard this and will therefore pull all of his sponsorship from Tottenham Hotspur FC with immediate effect as he surely can not afford to continue to have his brand associated with anti Semitic behaviour.

If he doesn’t do this then he will be shown up to be a total hypocrite and his credibility (what might be left of it after this week) will be in tatters. Or does it just suit him better to ditch us but keep his box at Spurs?

This whole situation stinks.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RM1Dagger

I just can't get my head round this over a few daft flags. I showed a few people the N Korea one and they laughed. The thought of Pyongyang supporters branch! Why is this so offensive? The Confederate one I can just about see but a Soviet one? What year is this 1983?
Now the SE27 Dagger
Auntie Merge

As mentioned in the first post. The Soviet State of Dagenham flag, Glyn took personally as it came after he had tried to resolve so many things with the club.
ARNU

Just as a ST holder who turns up 20 mins before and goes home at final whistle........
I don't blame him. I don't see how he can be responsible for away clubs allowing the flags in their grounds though.

As far as I can see those flags aren't at home games anymore so I'd consider he'd done all he could bar banning individuals. ( maybe they have don't know)

Trumps daggers....... what's the harm ? An out of date but topical joke I think, certainly can't see any harm in it , funny for 10 minutes, bit silly now, harmless I'd have to say. Get a Hilary flag if you're that bothered.
Soviet republic of Dagenham.... don't even know what it means..... ??????
Korean daggers..... Nobody outside of D&R and a majority within knows what that's all about , I've explained it as a sort of joke dig at a board member a handful don't particularly like. ( gotta say he's always been a gent when I've spoke written to him)Past it's sell by date ages ago but can't see the problem that would taint a car dealership.
The confederate flag ..... or the dixey flag does today have some racist connotations so I get that , yes he can't be associated with that.

In all Seems an over reaction that a few bans might have solved but that's his right.

Spurs away Spurs fans sang yid army at likeminded West Ham morons singing about rather being a P than a J. Again not a thing any owner can stamp out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger85

RM1Dagger wrote:I just can't get my head round this over a few daft flags. I showed a few people the N Korea one and they laughed. The thought of Pyongyang supporters branch! Why is this so offensive? The Confederate one I can just about see but a Soviet one? What year is this 1983?
:clap: :clap: :clap: .... Spot on!
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:Just as a ST holder who turns up 20 mins before and goes home at final whistle........
I don't blame him. I don't see how he can be responsible for away clubs allowing the flags in their grounds though.

As far as I can see those flags aren't at home games anymore so I'd consider he'd done all he could bar banning individuals. ( maybe they have don't know)

Trumps daggers....... what's the harm ? An out of date but topical joke I think, certainly can't see any harm in it , funny for 10 minutes, bit silly now, harmless I'd have to say. Get a Hilary flag if you're that bothered.
Soviet republic of Dagenham.... don't even know what it means..... ??????
Korean daggers..... Nobody outside of D&R and a majority within knows what that's all about , I've explained it as a sort of joke dig at a board member a handful don't particularly like. ( gotta say he's always been a gent when I've spoke written to him)Past it's sell by date ages ago but can't see the problem that would taint a car dealership.
The confederate flag ..... or the dixey flag does today have some racist connotations so I get that , yes he can't be associated with that.

In all Seems an over reaction that a few bans might have solved but that's his right.

Spurs away Spurs fans sang yid army at likeminded West Ham morons singing about rather being a P than a J. Again not a thing any owner can stamp out.
^^This ^^
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

For those who are continually asking why the club didn’t come out and say the flags were an issue. Do bear in mind every time the club did anything heavy handed the response always is ‘you’re acting like North Korea’. I think you’ve seen an example of this, elsewhere in a post today after I edited a few libellous posts.

A reminder of the Fans Forum in August.
Q
Why when it was agreed there would be a meeting about the confederate flag has there been nothing.

GH The confederate flag got picked up
by BT sport other media. It has got racist undertones and we don't think it feels appropriate for our family club and what we are trying to do here - and we are going to stick to it.

Q Why was the meeting about the flag cancelled?

ST when we were made aware of the flag we tried to speak to the person who brought the flag, we don't believe that anything has done has been racist here just that it does not fit in with the reputation of the football club.
Hardy1

It's been a while since I posted. This entire situation is a joke. I can't understand why Auntie Merge posted stuff on the behalf of others in the first place, no doubt those you did it for had devices capable of doing it anyway.

If I were to own a football club or have a large stake in one, I'd grow a very thick skin very quickly. Surely as a successful business man you'd have a thick skin anyway? His excuse regarding the flags is bollocks, regardless how long the phone call lasted.

If it were such an issue, just ban flags from the ground full stop. Simple as that. Problem removed.

The flag people, I think it's quite sad people would want to spend money on crap like that anyway.

Are we really at bucket collection time already? The club should release enough information so we know what is actually what and what can be helped with and where the money will go, rather than people having a pissing in the wind contest about what type of money raising event they can put on before deciding they can't actually do it or there are too many obstacles in the way. That Facebook discussion yesterday was a farce.

Also, it's not about individuals, it's about the football club and not people doing things for an ego boost or to boost there popularity and there seem to be many of those in the supporter base right now.

I'd like to hear a joined up approach led by the supporters club but they seem to be a bit of a shambles right now. The idea of a supporters club is to have people ready for times like this but the good ones seemed to leave a few years back due to crap dished up by the MD.

Maybe going to the wall is what the club need to happen. It will clear out all the crap at all levels and allow the club to build again. It's worked for many other clubs.
ARNU

Surely when we're on BT sports Saturday the subject of our dire circumstances coupled with the inevitable heavy home defeat and I'd imagine quite a big boo at the end ( if the players don't try) will cast a big ol spotlight on the club and the iffy reasoning behind Glynn pulling out. They are bound to interview fans outside. This may well be the worst or anyone could ever want. It's a mess innit ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Hardy1

Gravy

Why are people blowing smoke up Glyn Hopkins arse? He is not a monumental ***** like Thompson is but he's still given the club false pretences and then ****** us by pulling out especially at such short notice, without guarantees of necessary financing. If he really cared about the club and genuinely had a reason to pull out he would of done so with making sure available funds are there to keep us afloat and gave some pre warning. So we could prepare for it. Now look arguably our 4 best players have left the club our title chances and possible play off chances are ******. Thompson has and will always be happy with us playing at national league level he has zero ambition for the club to progress.
CharlieC

Gravy wrote:Why are people blowing smoke up Glyn Hopkins arse? He is not a monumental **** like Thompson is but he's still given the club false pretences and then ****** us by pulling out especially at such short notice, without guarantees of necessary financing. If he really cared about the club and genuinely had a reason to pull out he would of done so with making sure available funds are there to keep us afloat and gave some pre warning. So we could prepare for it. Now look arguably our 4 best players have left the club our title chances and possible play off chances are ******. Thompson has and will always be happy with us playing at national league level he has zero ambition for the club to progress.
It's the ambition to get back to the football league as quickly as possible that has got us into this mess!