It begins...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: It begins...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:How many years in the wilderness for us now.
Where is the wilderness exactly? This club was in the Isthmian League 20 years ago. The Football League was an exception, not the rule.

It's about surviving at the moment, once we do that we can look at what happens next.

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:17 pm

We have been lower than this before playing wise. We came back. We wont' go down (he says) and then we see what happens in the Summer. Maybe something will come up, maybe we will struggle along in bottom half of Conference for a few years. Who knows.

Online
NBDag
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by NBDag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:21 pm

One thing I don’t understand is why are we selling them now? The club knew this was coming seeing as his resignation was dated in December. Why not sell Ferrier and Ling in Jan when they could go up the leagues for probably more money than sending them to Orient and Borehamwood?

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: It begins...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:21 pm

NBDag wrote:One thing I don’t understand is why are we selling them now? The club knew this was coming seeing as his resignation was dated in December. Why not sell Ferrier and Ling in Jan when they could go up the leagues for probably more money than sending them to Orient and Borehamwood?
You really haven't been paying attention have you?

Daggernewbie
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by Daggernewbie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:22 pm

NickMurphy wrote:The real question.

Just how ****** is the Dagenham official calendar for the rest of 2018?
Might be able to buy it now at 75% off

The Romford Dagger
Posts: 1156
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 am

Re: It begins...

Post by The Romford Dagger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Sad to see.


Cheers Glyn.

Daggernewbie
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by Daggernewbie » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:How many years in the wilderness for us now.
Where is the wilderness exactly? This club was in the Isthmian League 20 years ago. The Football League was an exception, not the rule.

It's about surviving at the moment, once we do that we can look at what happens next.
True but I know we have been spoilt but in most supporters heart the league is where we want to be, but I suppose survival is more important.

daggersjeff
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 am

Re: It begins...

Post by daggersjeff » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Losing ARGUABLY our player of the season in early Feb to a two bob club with an average attendance of just over 700. How thoroughly ******** depressing!!
Time for a new flag?

Image

Straight from Glyn's Forecourt, Mike?

dagger4eva
Posts: 1525
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by dagger4eva » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm

http://www.partydelights.co.uk/product- ... gICU_D_BwE


Anyone wanna chip in and buy a few hundred of these to wave in surrender on Saturday?

Dagdale
Posts: 834
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by Dagdale » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:37 pm

I'll tell you what fellow daggers if John Still pulls this off to the rest of the season and we STILL get in the play offs he will have my most highest praises to a human being ever, he's background is first class on 'finding players' and giving them a chance to step up the pyramid. Get going John mate!

Online
NBDag
Posts: 676
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by NBDag » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:One thing I don’t understand is why are we selling them now? The club knew this was coming seeing as his resignation was dated in December. Why not sell Ferrier and Ling in Jan when they could go up the leagues for probably more money than sending them to Orient and Borehamwood?
You really haven't been paying attention have you?
I clearly haven’t because I don’t get what’s wrong with that?

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: It begins...

Post by Mike the Dagger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

daggersjeff wrote:

Straight from Glyn's Forecourt, Mike?
One careful private owner, honest guv. Never raced or rallied.

Sue me if it ain't true!

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: It begins...

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm

NBDag wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:One thing I don’t understand is why are we selling them now? The club knew this was coming seeing as his resignation was dated in December. Why not sell Ferrier and Ling in Jan when they could go up the leagues for probably more money than sending them to Orient and Borehamwood?
You really haven't been paying attention have you?
I clearly haven’t because I don’t get what’s wrong with that?
Its simple maths mate they are our biggest earners and we cant afford to pay them, things are desperate.

Dont look like the investors in the failed consortium will be getting their money back anytime soon.

Why would anybody buy it now , nobody is goung to pay a milliion for shares when they will just have to pay tge administrator a fraction and offer creditors 10p in the pound anytime soon

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 441
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Is it 10pts deduction if we go into administration.

User avatar
Sagres
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: It begins...

Post by Sagres » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:02 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Is it 10pts deduction if we go into administration.
Yes

Post Reply