It begins...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Been a season ticket holder for four seasons. Used to play on Saturdays so never got to see games previously. I go to as many away games as possible. Frankly, I've never felt this low / down about the club's prospects. Even during 2015/16 when I only saw one home win all season.

I suppose I'm reaching out to longer term fans - has it ever been as bad or worse than it is now?

I'm struggling to find a light at the end of the tunnel...
Adrian

It's been much worse. We've been relegated from the Conference with much less consistency in the team than we have now - players would play a game or two and then disappear.

Ultimately that gave the club the chance to reset a bit and set the foundations for the success that came later.

From what I'm reading the club seem to be doing the right thing. They've kept debt down anyway and are acting to make sure it doesn't build and cause us to have big problems.
We're clearly not in a good place, but there are plenty of clubs that have got themselves into much worse messes before acting.
hockley dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... ecord-fee/

I wonder what their club record fee is?
Probably the amount the tribunal would have valued him at. Boucard next?
RayleighDagger1986

Boucaud is one I will not miss HockleyDagger
Adrian

hockley dagger wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... ecord-fee/

I wonder what their club record fee is?
Probably the amount the tribunal would have valued him at. Boucard next?
I'd be surprised if there's much interest in Boucaud.
RayleighDagger1986

Do we know whose contracts are up this summer?
RampantDuke

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Been a season ticket holder for four seasons. Used to play on Saturdays so never got to see games previously. I go to as many away games as possible. Frankly, I've never felt this low / down about the club's prospects. Even during 2015/16 when I only saw one home win all season.

I suppose I'm reaching out to longer term fans - has it ever been as bad or worse than it is now?

It's cyclical with Dagenham. First we ran out of money in 1992 and had to merge with Redbridge Ferrets, then we went to pieces under Graham Carr, spunked the money and went down to the Ryman with no team left, then we came back under Ted and Garry Hill, then we gave GH too much cash which he spunked on rubbish players and we ran out of money again, then we got John Still back who took us all the way to League One and all the way back down again (with a bit of help from Wayne B along the way)and then we ran out of cash (again) and then we got some cash from Tamplin/Hopkin which we duly spunked again and now we have no cash. Will take a few years and possibly another relegation but I guess the boom bust cycle means we will eventually come back again. Daggers are like global bankers but without the glamour and free lunches.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagdale

I think just just about sums it up brilliantly, and to follow the question why wasn't lessons learnt during this spiral down slide and post cautious to getting the funding spot on. Actually think this week must come out worse week of Dagenham & Redbridge's life because a few months back nearly every one of us was finally at last looking at a team with promising players and so much to look forward too, dropping down to this so quickly is quite frankly disgusting stuff, we should have 'fanned' in the money slowly and added a backdrop of political correctness which like it or not is taking over football really wondering if going to football is all really worth it anymore.
ARNU

That's my roof buggered then !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Cheek has gone according to twitter.
IanC

RampantDuke wrote:
JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Been a season ticket holder for four seasons. Used to play on Saturdays so never got to see games previously. I go to as many away games as possible. Frankly, I've never felt this low / down about the club's prospects. Even during 2015/16 when I only saw one home win all season.

It's cyclical with Dagenham. First we ran out of money in 1992 and had to merge with Redbridge Ferrets, then we went to pieces under Graham Carr, spunked the money and went down to the Ryman with no team left, then we came back under Ted and Garry Hill, then we gave GH too much cash which he spunked on rubbish players and we ran out of money again, then we got John Still back who took us all the way to League One and all the way back down again (with a bit of help from Wayne B along the way)and then we ran out of cash (again) and then we got some cash from Tamplin/Hopkin which we duly spunked again and now we have no cash. Will take a few years and possibly another relegation but I guess the boom bust cycle means we will eventually come back again. Daggers are like global bankers but without the glamour and free lunches.

Err Dukey lad!
Me and you words on Saturday,Redbridge ferrets how dare you! lol
HGDagger

Ferrier's just scored 5 minutes into his debut after coming on against Eastleigh
Richie

Coydagger

Richie wrote:http://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/s ... ir-160052/

Cheek and Fejiri to Ebbsfleet...
Is anyone privy to what is going on? Are the rumours true that all the players are up for sale? Will we be looking to sign some replacements from down the footballing pyramid on lower wages than the players who are leaving? Will we be leaning on bigger clubs to lend us a player or two without contribution? If the squad keeps getting cut without any explanation, attendances are going to fall even more and that will be further detrimental to our plight.

The club statement said that we haven't got large debt but the firesale taking place tells me otherwise.

I've heard rumours of the U18 team taking over, but with all due respect and maybe one or two may be ready, it will still be a huge struggle to maintain our status in the league and people will stop coming to watch/drink in the bar etc.