Keep the faith

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

Our beautiful club is in absolute peril, but we daggers need to stick together and get behind our team Saturday. It could be a battering but the noise we are capable of making and the surprises we've seen all season, who knows?
YFD
DaggerJoel11

One thing that won't help generate support is the fact that Aldershot have the entire TBS. Much harder to create an atmosphere in the sieve.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Sagres

DaggerJoel11 wrote:One thing that won't help generate support is the fact that Aldershot have the entire TBS. Much harder to create an atmosphere in the sieve.
Bullshit - Much harder to create an atmosphere when the support is split.
Northern Redbridgian

I rarely post anymore on this forum because it is frankly far too depressing to read (this post will only add to that!) - and that was even before the latest financial crisis. The saddest thing is that the more I read on here the more I question what the point is of making efforts to rescue the club. There are many decent fans of this club but an increasingly vocal contingent leave me wondering why I support the same club they do when I fail to share their views, their methods, their (apparent) sense of humour or their constant wish to have an argument with their fellow supporters.

I am left wondering whether the future that the club has, whatever that may be, is one I want to share. The club I supported since 1992 seems a long and distant memory from what we have today. The fun has gone and it has been gone for some time. Perhaps all the sniping has come about precisely because the fun has gone out of being a Dagger. I think we all recognise that deep down.

There have been times over the past 26 years when I wished I didn’t support the club and that I could divert my Saturday afternoons elsewhere but that bond a true fan has with a club has been impossible to break, no matter how far I might live from Dagenham these days. Even that run of 14 defeats out of 15 games in League 2 couldn’t break it. Now it seems increasingly likely that others will finally break that bond for me.
The Romford Dagger

Northern Redbridgian wrote:I rarely post anymore on this forum because it is frankly far too depressing to read (this post will only add to that!) - and that was even before the latest financial crisis. The saddest thing is that the more I read on here the more I question what the point is of making efforts to rescue the club. There are many decent fans of this club but an increasingly vocal contingent leave me wondering why I support the same club they do when I fail to share their views, their methods, their (apparent) sense of humour or their constant wish to have an argument with their fellow supporters.

I am left wondering whether the future that the club has, whatever that may be, is one I want to share. The club I supported since 1992 seems a long and distant memory from what we have today. The fun has gone and it has been gone for some time. Perhaps all the sniping has come about precisely because the fun has gone out of being a Dagger. I think we all recognise that deep down.

There have been times over the past 26 years when I wished I didn’t support the club and that I could divert my Saturday afternoons elsewhere but that bond a true fan has with a club has been impossible to break, no matter how far I might live from Dagenham these days. Even that run of 14 defeats out of 15 games in League 2 couldn’t break it. Now it seems increasingly likely that others will finally break that bond for me.

Care to name names in that first paragraph?
Northern Redbridgian

No, I don’t care to name any names, thanks. What would that achieve?
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Northern Redbridgian wrote:I rarely post anymore on this forum because it is frankly far too depressing to read (this post will only add to that!) - and that was even before the latest financial crisis. The saddest thing is that the more I read on here the more I question what the point is of making efforts to rescue the club. There are many decent fans of this club but an increasingly vocal contingent leave me wondering why I support the same club they do when I fail to share their views, their methods, their (apparent) sense of humour or their constant wish to have an argument with their fellow supporters.

Care to name names in that first paragraph?

Cos that would help wouldn't it.
ARNU

This club isn't going down the tubes because of bickering on a football forum. Go look on every football forum there is, total bollocks ,banter and drivel ,same as on here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Northern Redbridgian

ARNU wrote:This club isn't going down the tubes because of bickering on a football forum. Go look on every football forum there is, total bollocks ,banter and drivel ,same as on here.
Agreed that the bickering on this forum is not the root cause of the club’s crisis. It is however symptomatic of a club that is disunited, with reduced attendances, friction between the board and the fans and, in desperation, an over-reliance on a benefactor who ultimately could not be relied upon.
The Romford Dagger

Northern Redbridgian wrote:No, I don’t care to name any names, thanks. What would that achieve?
You’d look abit less sly for a start.

You’ve affectively just come on and blamed the fans. But specifically posters on here. But yet not mentioned them.

A lack of conviction in your blame I’d say
durnzo

I had to laugh. Even a thread about keeping the faith descended into in fighting immediately!! This really is the place that fun comes to die!!!

Having followed the arsenal all over europe for well over a decade I can say that the same divisions between fans occur in all clubs. The good thing about the daggers is that most of the supporters seem to be reasonably knowledgeable and not complete and utter twats(believe it or not!!!). The same cannot be said for my first love. Any set of fans will have groups with differing views, values and ways of enjoying themselves. Its just the way it is, everyone sticks with their own type and moans about the others. I've not seen any Dagenham fans having fisty cuffs with each other yet, a regular occurrence in my latter arsenal away days, so things really aren't that bad. I'll take people being peeved with each other over all out windmillimg violence any day.we can all still try to enjoy it. Apparently that's the idea!!!
Voice of reason

ARNU wrote:This club isn't going down the tubes because of bickering on a football forum. Go look on every football forum there is, total bollocks ,banter and drivel ,same as on here.
Absolutely 100% true about bickering between fans on every forum I have ever seen
Whoever had the idea of Daggers being a members club back in the day knew what they were doing
We started unpicking it to allow GT to take over which many worried about
Ironically the guy who took over when he went elsewhere seemed to have universal approval so it's a shock that it's all crashed so quickly
Being a members club forced us to live within our means
NBDag

On the topic of keeping the faith- tonight’s Euromillions is £113m... Do the right thing
Mick

Well I’m backing Aldershot. Odds of 6/4 is too good to miss. Easy money!
rebeldagger

durnzo wrote:I had to laugh. Even a thread about keeping the faith descended into in fighting immediately!!

That's one of many unwritten rules of the internet.