Daggers Fund

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Anyone got an idea how to set one up?

Please no debates on this thread use one of the several others currently available.
ThatRoundThing

Personally I would have used the Supporters Club for help. They have raised money for the club for many years. They have the experience of using a treasurer but also ensures that no one person is in charge of the fund. They also have a bank account and would expect them to find it no problem to set up a separate funding account.

I suppose the other Avenue is along the lines of a Just Giving fund i.e Save the Daggers Fund. Sorry but I have no experience on that type of fund raising.
RayleighDagger1986

At least this could be the start...
Auntie Merge

I’m guessing you’d use go fund me or one of the crowdfunding sites. The important thing is to check how much they take in commission before you start.
IanC

I really hope no one does this and if it does happen,even though I love this club so much, as far back to being a 13 year old at granleigh rd.I will not put anything into it, its time for the bloody people who oversee all these mess ups, to step up and sort it or get someone else who will.This nonsense has been dragging for ages and needs to get sorted quickly before we become a council estate!
ARNU

How much do we need ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:How much do we need ?

Too much realistically for a fan base of Dagenhams. That’s the harsh reality.

If it was to fund an individual player, then of course that is feasible. For sorting the financial mess we appear to be in, that’s gonna take more than crowd funding unfortunately. Say it’s a million needed, and we all put £50 in, that’ll still need 20,000 people donating.
RayleighDagger1986

Or asking each and every hardcore supporter (it appears the consensus on here is 1000) to donate £1000 on average into a fund and become a part owner of the club, based on the amount youve given as a percentage (if acquired).
Auntie Merge

Or when you have a public campaign and fund, supporters of other clubs chip in £5 or so.
I’ve lost count of the number of other clubs funds I’ve contributed a nominal amount to.
Alan

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Or asking each and every hardcore supporter (it appears the consensus on here is 1000) to donate £1000 on average into a fund and become a part owner of the club, based on the amount youve given as a percentage (if acquired).
Realistically, how many of our hardcore have £1,000 to effectively, throw away?
RayleighDagger1986

I dont see it as "throwing away"
Diggerthedog

Most people on here probably already put in the best part of £1,000 a year to the club i doubt they will chuck in another £1,000 into it. I myself would put in a considerable amount but on the proviso its only given to the club when the current board resign.
RayleighDagger1986

DTD
This is purely at an idea stage. Yes we need to ensure the money is used at the right time and also the people currently responsible have no part to play in the club going forward. Its a work in progress idea!!
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:DTD
This is purely at an idea stage. Yes we need to ensure the money is used at the right time and also the people currently responsible have no part to play in the club going forward. Its a work in progress idea!!
Completely agree. It's hard to set a target when we do not know exactly whats required at this stage. Be could to know what money we need between now and the end of the season to keep the wolves at bay.
dagger4eva

I'd be up for arranging a fundraising dance - complete with raffle, charity auction etc. relatively easy way of raising a couple of grand or more...

I may see if the club has a hall towards the back end of Feb. Anyone in for helping to arrange if it is ??