Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Sagres » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am

There is so much Squabbling going on between club & supporters why would anybody want to invest their money in the football club at the moment.

Richie
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:52 am

Re: Club Statement

Post by Richie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:56 am

Daggernewbie wrote:On behalf of the supporters club

I assume you have all read the club statement issued Friday.
We do intend to respond to this statement as it is an attack on the Supporters Club and the Committee and is factually incorrect.
What I will say is we have never been given any indication of the feelings mentioned by the board on behalf of Mr. Hopkin. In fact, our secretary has, over the last 3 months, tried without success to get in touch with Mr. Hopkins. We have also contacted Paul Gwyn, and no one has come back to us.
It is surprising that flags have been judged to be the cause of Mr. Hopkin’s action. It also detracts from the fact that yet again we have been put in financial crisis by the board.
We will be holding a meeting next week and will issue a formal statement then.

Thank you

RUSSELL ELMS
CHAIRMAN
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE SUPPORTER’S CLUB
Sooner the Supporters Club disbands, the better.

Chigwellian
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Chigwellian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:19 pm

.... and your reason for that is?

Chigwellian
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Chigwellian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:26 pm

“A consultant has already been engaged to market the club, both domestically and overseas, and even at this early stage some interest has been shown and the club is hopeful that following this public announcement other parties may also show interest.”

I don’t really understand this.. I can’t imagine any backer coming in with a minority control over the club, as we are still a ‘members club’. - unless, this has changed now by stealth.

Dagdale
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Dagdale » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Yes really? They're the club supporters that go week in week out never missing a game, sun rain or shine, whether 5 miles or 500, so they can't give their two cents worth?

Alan
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Alan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Chigwellian wrote:“A consultant has already been engaged to market the club, both domestically and overseas, and even at this early stage some interest has been shown and the club is hopeful that following this public announcement other parties may also show interest.”

I don’t really understand this.. I can’t imagine any backer coming in with a minority control over the club, as we are still a ‘members club’. - unless, this has changed now by stealth.
Stealth? Stealth? https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-L21JvVYaVwF7TOu-sx9

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:56 pm

As Ive said on another thread, why dont us fans put together a consortium.

SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2048
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Re: Club Statement

Post by SUSSEX DAGGER » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Richie wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:On behalf of the supporters club

I assume you have all read the club statement issued Friday.
We do intend to respond to this statement as it is an attack on the Supporters Club and the Committee and is factually incorrect.
What I will say is we have never been given any indication of the feelings mentioned by the board on behalf of Mr. Hopkin. In fact, our secretary has, over the last 3 months, tried without success to get in touch with Mr. Hopkins. We have also contacted Paul Gwyn, and no one has come back to us.
It is surprising that flags have been judged to be the cause of Mr. Hopkin’s action. It also detracts from the fact that yet again we have been put in financial crisis by the board.
We will be holding a meeting next week and will issue a formal statement then.

Thank you

RUSSELL ELMS
CHAIRMAN
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE SUPPORTER’S CLUB
Sooner the Supporters Club disbands, the better.
What a helpfull opinion that is. Those that run the Supporters Club are the hard-core of the fan base. When i drive on a wet / cold Tuesday night to Halifax for the re- arranged game it will be those People that are there. Sometimes they have shown better support then The Board who have at sometimes have only been represented by Simmo, but he is doing his invaluable work .

Should also been remembered that they have raised a good deal of money over the years and on a number of occassions I understand have helped the Club out of a sticky situation. We are going to need hard workers like these People as i dont know if you are aware we are bleeding skint, without a pot to piss in

User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Re: Club Statement

Post by ThatRoundThing » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:As Ive said on another thread, why dont us fans put together a consortium.
Although on paper it sounds a good idea I think the amount needed to be raised is not feasible. Our hardcore fan base isn’t large enough and of those I suspect their average income wouldn’t be high enough to raise that much to make an impact. I think our average attendance is around 1400, about the same as Dover.

The fan base is also divided on who should have overall control of the club’s finances, so raising money with the same people in charge of the coffers would also be a problem for some.
Bearing in mind the club has been losing money over a few years then I firmly believe that our efforts collectively would also disappear pretty damn quick.

Maybe something less ambitious from us fans could be thought up, along the lines of financing a player over a season maybe.

User avatar
Mike the Dagger
Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Club Statement

Post by Mike the Dagger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Daggernewbie wrote:On behalf of the supporters club

I assume you have all read the club statement issued Friday.
We do intend to respond to this statement as it is an attack on the Supporters Club and the Committee and is factually incorrect.
What I will say is we have never been given any indication of the feelings mentioned by the board on behalf of Mr. Hopkin. In fact, our secretary has, over the last 3 months, tried without success to get in touch with Mr. Hopkins. We have also contacted Paul Gwyn, and no one has come back to us.
It is surprising that flags have been judged to be the cause of Mr. Hopkin’s action. It also detracts from the fact that yet again we have been put in financial crisis by the board.
We will be holding a meeting next week and will issue a formal statement then.

Thank you

RUSSELL ELMS
CHAIRMAN
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE SUPPORTER’S CLUB
Image

Chigwellian
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Chigwellian » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 pm

Alan wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:“A consultant has already been engaged to market the club, both domestically and overseas, and even at this early stage some interest has been shown and the club is hopeful that following this public announcement other parties may also show interest.”

I don’t really understand this.. I can’t imagine any backer coming in with a minority control over the club, as we are still a ‘members club’. - unless, this has changed now by stealth.
Stealth? Stealth? https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-L21JvVYaVwF7TOu-sx9
Your point being?

That was before the statement of which I am talking about...
Are any investors going to want to have minority control?

Alan
Posts: 1057
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Alan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:07 pm

My point bring that the members club are the minority shareholders and always have been under the current consortium, the investors have majority control and there’s nothing stealthy about it.

RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by RayleighDagger1986 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:52 pm

We all need to pull together no matter what differences and opinions we all hold.

Online
Diggerthedog
Posts: 2599
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by Diggerthedog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:59 pm

100% agree we need to all pull together now starting next week, please all bring one extra person and have a drink in the bar watch the scores before kick off?!

I can't believe he lack of respect for the supporters club here, how much money have the handed over to the club each year through golden goals and 50/50 sales. Also the money they have left over go straight into the club. All the people that work for nothing in freezing cold weather to seek programmes.

I think the idea for supporters to fund at least one player a season is a good idea. I would happy put into a fund to support this idea. Our hardcore 1000 would need to put in around £30 each for a player earning £500-£600 per week.

DI Mike Dashwood
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: Club Statement

Post by DI Mike Dashwood » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:21 pm

The Club's statement could maybe have been worded better. The SC's reply could maybe have been worded better. All of that is irrelevant. Sounds cheesey or whatever, but people need to pull together and try and make a difference now.

DtD has the right idea. Tell your mates of the situation, and any of them who have come along before to a cup game or play off match need to be dragged along 2 or 3 times between now and the end of the season. Also need everyone in the ground to actually lend some support and create atmosphere. Firstly so people enjoy it and more likely to come back again, and secondly to help the players.

As Mark and others have said, it is worrying that we have clearly had such a large budget by the Club's and the league's standards and yet results have been as they have been, BUT, players are only human and maybe they have known about a lot of this going on in the background and that has affected performances in the last 6 weeks?? I see Macclesfield have slipped up in recent weeks and that now it has come out that they to have financial difficulties??

This Club has been in difficult situations before. In the mid-late nineties and then again around 2003-2004 (I believe) and it has always come back from that. We are still in 11th in the table, we have a good quality ground for this league, a decent squad (up for debate I guess) and a lot of other infastructure in place that is good quality for this level. We also apparently have little or no debt, so while ongoing cashflow is going to be an issue we don't owe lots of people lots of money which is a huge positive.

I would say the suggestion of funding a player is a good one for going forward, but also that if we need x to survive to the end of the season with current arrangements, then any funding raised in the short term should be put towards covering that x?? 1,000 donations of £30 (£30k in total) would be a large chunk of money to start with??

Post Reply