Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

IanC wrote:Fecking is I wouldn’t get out of bed for that!
They are part time though, so not a bad bonus on top of something else for playing football.
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:The flags have been an embarrassment to a number of people for a long while that is a fact
The comments about the MD have been completely disproportionate to any grievances and have continued that's a fact
We had a major investor now we haven't that's a fact

Agree with you Lupins, but we are not the only Club with tasteless banners .

Heavens above I have friends who are mad Spurs fans who find some of the anti-anti-Semitic chants offensive. You would not want to hear their views on a banner that has appeared there , The Star Of David Flag with
an offensive slogan . Looks like it happens at the best of them !
mickeyblue

Dagenhammer hit every nail on the head. Post of the year sir.
As for the statement. poppycock. Yes of course glen wouldnt like a stupid email b7ndled on him but no chance thats why he pulled out. Thays just tbe club passing tbe buck to the fans.
Imo try release a proper statement and treating us like we was born yesterday is not the way to get us back through turnstyles
but we finished 9th!
mickeyblue

As for a flag people must live very sheltered lives. Ffs I get loads of text from people who see them on tv asking why. When I tell them they reply oh at least you lot have a sense of humour.
Hmmmmmmm
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

They must be confident that what Mr Tamplin is Publicly stating and What Auntie Merge is meant to know has no foundation.

Because if anything else should be revealed then they wont be able to beat their Supporters over the head with it.

Sorry everytime i read it the more disappointed and upset i become.

Must be one of the saddest days in our history
ThatRoundThing

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:They must be confident that what Mr Tamplin is Publicly stating and What Auntie Merge is meant to know has no foundation.

Because if anything else should be revealed then they wont be able to beat their Supporters over the head with it.

Sorry everytime i read it the more disappointed and upset i become.

Must be one of the saddest days in our history
Agreed Sussex, just like to add that social media will send the Club Statement far and wide and via the Press. Sends out a message for future investment that hey, we are the board who are doing a marvellous job who are leaking a little money so could do with some financial help. Problem is our fans are shite.
RampantDuke

Been giving this a bit of thought and am now wondering if Glyn Hopkin will have had anything to do with this statement? It makes him out to be a complete snowflake who runs away at the first sign of discontent. Is that the behaviour of a man who has built a used car empire? No. Is it a statement from a bitter and twisted MD who has driven yet another investor out of the club and rather than quit for doing so is happier to project the blame on the fans? Could be!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Mike the Dagger

RampantDuke wrote:Been giving this a bit of thought and am now wondering if Glyn Hopkin will have had anything to do with this statement? It makes him out to be a complete snowflake who runs away at the first sign of discontent. Is that the behaviour of a man who has built a used car empire? No. Is it a statement from a bitter and twisted MD who has driven yet another investor out of the club and rather than quit for doing so is happier to project the blame on the fans? Could be!
I understand Hopkin approved the statement prior to publication.

Maybe the reason given is better than the real reason???
dagger4eva

RampantDuke wrote:Been giving this a bit of thought and am now wondering if Glyn Hopkin will have had anything to do with this statement? It makes him out to be a complete snowflake who runs away at the first sign of discontent. Is that the behaviour of a man who has built a used car empire? No. Is it a statement from a bitter and twisted MD who has driven yet another investor out of the club and rather than quit for doing so is happier to project the blame on the fans? Could be!
How dare you suggest such a thing Rampant... be careful with such comments - you may be accused of being part of the vicious campaign.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Perhaps it would be a good idea to refrain from using terms such as Snowflake bearing in mind we obviously have readers of this forum erm shall we say of sensitive nature
Daggernewbie

I object to all this criticism to the club statement you must take it as gospel as dictated/written by our magnificent MD and board of followers.
lupins

On one of the most depressing days in our history some of the responses on this thread continuing the sniping and determination to keep going exemplified by that last one amaze me
Bill Bridges who may be unknown to a lot of you once coined the phrase Once a Dagger Always a Dagger. Just saying
Chigwellian

lupins wrote: Once a Dagger Always a Dagger. Just saying
..... But if one dagger is being a dagger in the heart of the other daggers, then that dagger must be pulled out for what he really is ..... just saying!!
dagger4eva

Well here's the clumsy fake email .... make of it what you will!

Admin message: That email is not to be posted. It can lead to someone who supplied it in CONFIDENCE being sacked.
lupins

..... But if one dagger is being a dagger in the heart of the other daggers, then that dagger must be pulled out for what he really is ..... just saying!![/quote]

Congratulations on both confirming the point and missing the point simultaneously