No heart !

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:I agree with Mark. We are shite right now for a number of reasons we seem to list after every game. Same old mistakes and problems and excuses. Same old apologists for the untouchable manager every week too. Legend or not he's embarrassing himself right now. We just got tonked by Solihull moors at home remember.

..You may be a W.B. fan. But that doesnot make you a Nob, you do that all by yourself.
ARNU

bloke down the pub wrote:
ARNU wrote:I agree with Mark. We are shite right now for a number of reasons we seem to list after every game. Same old mistakes and problems and excuses. Same old apologists for the untouchable manager every week too. Legend or not he's embarrassing himself right now. We just got tonked by Solihull moors at home remember.

..You may be a W.B. fan. But that doesnot make you a Nob, you do that all by yourself.
More antagonism from blokedownthedoleoffice.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

There is nothing wrong with the quality of players. This is exactly the same bunch who smashed Bromley 5-1 in September when they were at the top. They are now simply unorganised with absolutely zero game plan. Not sure what they do in training but if this is what Darren Currie and Junior Lewis or whoever coaches them can come up with then they should all go along with John Still. Sadly we all know that when Still goes we will get the cheapest option which of course is Ted Hardy (legend) or the current assistants (useless). Ted it is then!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
dagger4eva

Currie is the last man standing from the 3 stoogies act we previous employed. Wanted him gone with the other 2.

See my earlier post for comments on Lewis.

Stilly - whilst clearly loves the club, also appears to need to give himself a boot up the arse.

And how you can expext to have a team with heart when you have a managing director who abuses supporters and a new majority owner who hasnt been seen or heard at the club since around september.

Garry Hill has been lurking constantly around the club for a number of weeks and months now.im sure theres nothing sinister in that but wouldnt be completely surprised if he took up the reins again some time soon.
Diggerthedog

I think no heart is right, some of our players think they have already made it. Guess what lads you ain't good luck at McDonald's in ages year you useless, lazy twats.

I don't mind losing if a team tries but clearly at the moment there are certain players that clearly don't give to shits.

We spoke to a Solihull Director after the game, opposition train twice a week once if they have a mid week game and a budget about £400k a year. Our primadonnas train everyday and a budget of 1 million, embarassment.
BarkingRambo

I’m not sure if I would describe it as heartless. It certainly was dull and lazy at points. The first 5 mins and our goal showed if we took the game to them they were crap and there for the taking so why didn’t we do a bit more of that...Robson and Bouchard as a midfield pair doesn’t work. They are so defensive that Ferrier was having to play as a centre mid at times and had to try runs that Giggs would have been proud of to get to the box. Just no support for the forwards at all
ARNU

Why bring on cheek ? There was no supply and he doesn't go after the ball ever . Pointless substitution again. Romain scored for Torquay today, we needed another pest like him out there I reckon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Don Beech 3

Glad someone mentioned the assistants. Lot of fanfare when this Junior Lewis arrived on the website and local media etc. It should rightly sit with the manager these awful performances but they should take some of the flak also. Happily swap Lewis and Terry Harris back and go to the much derided 'hoof ball' at least those sides ran around and put some real pressure on the oppo just one of the things missing at the moment
NickMurphy

What we’re missing more than anything at the moment is a midfield.
RayleighDagger1986

I agree Nick.
First leys put Robson back to centre half. Thats his natural position. Thats where he played last season with Doe.
Secondly, Boucaud needs to be dropped. Always in favour with JS but to me he's underperforming compared with last season.
I would start with Howell and either Robinson/Adams. I thort Adams did little wrong when he made a few appearances earlier in the season and was quite attack minded.
Not sure who to pick for the front four. That area seems to have lost its way as well.
lupins

The first thing we need is a settled side and players in their best position to make an impact
Back four should be Robson with either Doe/Lokko and full backs Ling with Penell/Nunn that might need someone out of position but am improvement as left back is a weakness currently
Four in midfield being Boucard with Robinson protecting the back four and Ferrier on the left and Feji on the right both covering back when needed but attacking in essence
Whitely and Cheek up front with Corey doing his own thing as he did when he started that's what scared people
And let's try to keep the ball and pass which is what we were doing when we played well. And hold on to it when receiving it we give it away far to cheaply
Mark

I don't think it's likely to improve any time soon. John has played most of the season with only 2 in midfield interested in any kind of defending and yesterday was immediately obvious from an apparently 424 that we'd once again suffer defensively.
NickMurphy

I just don't really have any confidence in John to turn it around at the moment. Even the games we've won and the points we've scraped in the past couple of months haven't been overly convincing. I'd probably argue that we've played to our potential once since about October time - and that was for 45 minutes away at Chester.

There are no link-ups on the pitch, square pegs in round holes all over the shop and ultimately a team devoid of any sort of confidence. Said it for a while now but I have absolutely no clue why Robson is not playing at centre-half. Whatever you think of his defensive abilities, he is comfortably our best centre-half and he hasn't played there for god knows how long. Play him with Doe, stick with it and form a proper partnership. I know Doe hasn't covered himself in glory this season but he stills gets in the team ahead of Lokko and N'Gala for me. Jake Howells is not a left-back either - although he is our best set-piece taker, so it's a mystery to me why he's not on corners and free-kicks on a regular basis.

The midfield. What midfield? At times yesterday we were playing a 6-0-4 and it was blatantly obvious for all to see. It's quite hard to believe that a John Still team lacks basic structure and organisation. If you asked me at the moment how we play and what our identity is, I really couldn't tell you.

Oh and another thing - when a player is injured, IE Ling, it would be fantastic if something was put on the site like most clubs do ahead of a weekend game called 'Team News' to stop the speculation swirling around. It's not hard, just tell us who's fit and who's not.
Mark

Well said Nick.
chaskingdon

I watched the game yesterday in dismay at the lack of or very little organisation in the team from defensive positions through midfield to up front, it would seem that although John Still has overall control of the team, the coaches are there to get the players to play in a way that suits the ability of those players on the evidence of yesterdays and the past 8 games it seems that they are either failing in there jobs or that the players are not good enough.
I think it is time for a complete change of personnel with JS if not retiring moving upstairs and a young manager with a new coaching staff coming in, lets face it at most clubs they would be gone anyway.
But from what other people are saying it appears that all the current management team are unsackable.