Terrible TV

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Wayne's worst team would have murdered today's line up. Who is our star player ?? Yep, ain't got one.
No it wouldn't. Some of his teams wouldn't have scored.
ARNU

The record will show Wayne Burnett keeping us in lg2 3 times in a row and John still getting us relegated and staying down.

We are where we should be, top half of a very poor league.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:The record will show Wayne Burnett keeping us in lg2 3 times in a row and John still getting us relegated and staying down.

It will also show John Still getting us promoted twice and keeping us in League 2.
SUSSEX DAGGER

One should have gone after getting us to 9th and 12th respectively , he would have got another job after that acheivement.

The other should not have come back as me old mum would say you cant boil the same cabbage twice.

The game has moved on and we are playing football from a yesteryear
Gravy

Burnett wasn't manager when we got relegated from league 2 John still was
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:The record will show Wayne Burnett keeping us in lg2 3 times in a row and John still getting us relegated and staying down.

What team do you suport ?
Daggernewbie

Auntie Merge wrote:The commentary was great but we sound crap. I understand all the flags were present. How many away games have we won with them present? They don’t seem to be lucky for us at all. Time to dump them?
It`s nothing to do with the flags we playing shit at home as well and the flags are banned so stop trying to use them as an excuse.
ARNU

Burnett did not get relegated. He kept us up when Still ****** off and left us in the shit. Still had half a season to put things right but took us down is how I'll remember it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

bloke down the pub wrote:

What team do you suport ?
ARNU John came in when Burnett was sacked half way through the season so can`t blame just John for getting us relegated.
GideaParkDagger

Auntie Merge wrote:The commentary was great but we sound crap. I understand all the flags were present. How many away games have we won with them present? They don’t seem to be lucky for us at all. Time to dump them?
Shut Up Merge you’re boring
stanton101

Adrian wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:We will just carry on as we are, as Still is un-accountable. Everyone scared that a change of manager will mean a situation like we ended up in with Burnett, so nobody dare even contemplate it (and this is why he is un-accountable). Nobody remembers when we got a guy in like Garry Hill who many had not heard of at the time, and he totally changed the club in a positive way.

So now as well as predictable cup exits and inevitable Boxing Day defeats we are just to accept dross every Saturday, just because we are little old Dagenham and Still has done wonders in the past.

The club is at a real crossroads at the moment, and the fact we were played off the park by a part time team who don't even want to be at the top of the league kind of sums things up. And before the sympathisers come out with excuses about plastic pitches, they played us off the park earlier in the season as well.
So let's get rid of Still. And if things don't really get any better then what? Do we just become another club that rotates through manager after manager?

Maybe some of the problem is what our supporters expect.
Guttridge and Hawkins were frequently moaned about last season but I reckon we're missing the pair of them a hell of a lot.
It's ok though because we've got super Boucaud to hold the ball in the middle and keep doing nothing with it.

I posted somewhere a while ago about the level of experience at this level in our squad. It's actually pretty low outside of Doe, Boucaud and Howell.

What were the levels of expectation when we've promoted before. I don't remember there ever being the talk that we have in here now along the lines of "we should be beating teams like..." or we should be challenging.
Up his arse again adi baby, well done.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:
Adrian wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:We will just carry on as we are, as Still is un-accountable. Everyone scared that a change of manager will mean a situation like we ended up in with Burnett, so nobody dare even contemplate it (and this is why he is un-accountable). Nobody remembers when we got a guy in like Garry Hill who many had not heard of at the time, and he totally changed the club in a positive way.

So now as well as predictable cup exits and inevitable Boxing Day defeats we are just to accept dross every Saturday, just because we are little old Dagenham and Still has done wonders in the past.

The club is at a real crossroads at the moment, and the fact we were played off the park by a part time team who don't even want to be at the top of the league kind of sums things up. And before the sympathisers come out with excuses about plastic pitches, they played us off the park earlier in the season as well.
So let's get rid of Still. And if things don't really get any better then what? Do we just become another club that rotates through manager after manager?

Maybe some of the problem is what our supporters expect.
Guttridge and Hawkins were frequently moaned about last season but I reckon we're missing the pair of them a hell of a lot.
It's ok though because we've got super Boucaud to hold the ball in the middle and keep doing nothing with it.

I posted somewhere a while ago about the level of experience at this level in our squad. It's actually pretty low outside of Doe, Boucaud and Howell.

What were the levels of expectation when we've promoted before. I don't remember there ever being the talk that we have in here now along the lines of "we should be beating teams like..." or we should be challenging.
Up his arse again adi baby, well done.
Go back and read it again.
Daggernewbie

GideaParkDagger wrote:
Shut Up Merge you’re boring[/quote

Well said Sir
Attachments
clapping.jpg
clapping.jpg (4.53 KiB) Viewed 9555 times
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Burnett did not get relegated. He kept us up when Still ****** off and left us in the shit. Still had half a season to put things right but took us down is how I'll remember it.

Of course that's how you'll remember it.
When we're relegated from the Conference Ted Hardy was the manager in charge.
Anyone that attributed that relegation to him would a be first class idiot.
There wasn't a manager in the world that was going to keep us up then and we're were in the same place when Burnett went.
ThatRoundThing

Early in the season I had a side bet with a fellow Dagger that promotion will not happen this season, winner of the bet donates to charity. I joked that I fancy going to Salford anyway next season.

What concerns me more is the state of our club finances. As I understand it that Tamplins bid was considered because the club needed money. We now at last have Glyn Hopkins consortium and he has been spending money on improvements.

We now seem to be loaning players out to help out our wage bill but we haven’t or can’t bring anyone in on loan ourselves. Our attendances average is worryingly low, I hear that club shop sales aren’t exactly buoyant and many fans were drinking pre and post game elsewhere rather than using Daggers bars.
One player doesn’t make a team and one win in the last seven doesn’t look good for any talk of the play offs.
If we have received any decent offers for any of our players I would let them go in this window and then start some early planning for next season.
Hate to see us heading down the same road as Hartlepool at the moment.