Northampton

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HogansHeros

Anyone going?
Any predictions?
ARNU

Me, and if we don't win this one we never will.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rechitski kinzhal

We always lose to Northampton, it is a lot further than I always think, terrible stadium in a desolate retail/leisure park, and at £22 very expensive.

I think I will probably be there.
Dagdale

Got to be our best chance for ages to turn over the cobblers even if its on their manor, just hope our support is a bit better than last year pending I know it was on a cold hung over New Years Day. Going for us to bang a couple (2-0) and with Lewy back and a rock solid defence, think Saahs been sensational this season, we will again slowly move up that table
Penfold

Not going due to a washing machine being delivered.

Sucks being the big lump of the household! Will be sitting down with a brew watching SSN!

Predictions 2-1 Northampton :(
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Tranced

We'll draw. I'm so confident of it happening, that I thought about putting a bet on.
ThatRoundThing

I'll listen on Daggers Player, losses I think until Hoyte returns at right back.
FullMetalDagger

I'd like to think we will win, but we have a poor record against this mob and no Hoyte at RB is a bit worrying. BUT really we should be able to win this one.
leewilson

Good point that. Didn't think we'd get anything today. Once again, despite not playing great, the quality in the final third of the pitch tells for us. Got to start being a little bit meaner defensively away though as we're not going to score 3,4,5 each week.
ARNU

We were very good with occasional very bad moments.A fair result in the end.Still not solved the set play problems.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

Very much a game of two halves today, perhaps slightly ironically we won the half in which we were worst. Failed to get started in the first half, and the double salvo came out of nowhere! Terrific finish from Hines, just shows you what you pay for when you sign a player of his quality. Second goal was pretty good as well, very impressed with Medy in general today - thought his crossing was superb. My only criticism of him would be his tendency to overplay the ball, hitting too big a touch and leaving himself with too much work to do.

Dickson didn't have the best afternoon, hopefully we play Obafemi or Josh/Brian (if fit) on Tuesday night. Thought Doe coped relatively well at right back as well.

Pleased with the point considering the first half performance, although I think we were worth a share of the spoils. That and it's the first time I've ever seen us pick up a point against Northampton!

ALSO - Not impressed with Northampton players hacking Hines down for the whole of the second half - cynical fouling.
Tranced

It seems I guessed the correct score (yay, go me). Looking at the table alone, you'd think we should be winning games like these, but it's a point against Northampton. Can't snub a point against a bogey team.
ronaldaggero

I also thought a point today was a good result , didn't expect anything from this one , things still looking promising. At the end of last season , I was one that feared the worst , but I've been pleasantly surprised , given more time , maybe just maybe , the future could be promising :) Go on u Daggers !!!!! :D
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry but if Femi was not Femi I think there would be bags on here about his performance today.

Simply not good enough and currently looks well out of his depth.

What Jack Connors has done to get dropped to the bench is a mystery.

it is my opinion that the fans favourite is getting worse by the game.

I expect to get a verbal slaughtering over this but sorry when it walks like a duck quacks like a duck then it is a duck to me.
Penfold

Didnt go today so cant really add much to the debate.

One thing i can add, and it will be much to our dissaproval, is that Zavs will be targeted most games. His obvious quality is plain to see and other teams will have the mentality that if they stop him, they stop their team from losing.

While i know theres 10 more players on the pitch, the one thing that stops their team from losing is the other players lose their heads in frustration.

Like WB will say, restarts are crucial and if Zavs is getting fouled and our heads go with subsequent tackles being made and decisions given the opposite way, its a canny plan!.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"