Piss Poor

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Got exactly what we deservedd out of that half hearted shower ....

FU*K all

TBC when finally got some feeling back in my hands!
Pondfield Dagger

baffled by 2 things from john still:
1. sparkes dropped- after last games good performance scoring two goals.
2 Doe brought on. surely any kind kind of attacking player would have been better i.e kandi
Diggerthedog

Can't disagree. Manager has been given a very generous budget this season and has blown it, where is his wonderboy defender Pennell? Failed to sign a solid left back and we are seeing the rewards. Absolutely atrocious defending down both wings, non existent.

Doe on for sub to put Robson in midfield made me chuckle and Sparkes dropped for Ferrier who couldn't finish a pack of quavers. Abysmal selection.

Crowd tonight showed its our last chance of going up in a long while, parachute payments are keeping us afloat on those gates.
dagger4eva

The Doe substitution was a nonsense but not quite as much of 1 as bringing him on with 2 remaining injury time minutes and a 2 goal cushion.
Five goals conceded without him in the last 2 games and frankly were it not for Cousins (AGAIN) and some poor finishing, Boreham Wood could have had 6 or 7 tonight.

Howell seemed mightily pissed off to be subbed again and who can blame him

So many things lacking today and it took a scrappy, 90th minute goal to wake the corpses in Red & Blue up.

Very disappointing that
RM1Dagger

Thought we were okay first half but gave away another soft goal and couldn't finish..pen looked a bit soft and then frustrated to give away a third (before it's mentioned Bouchard at fault although ultimately we were unlucky with the rebound). I thought they did a good job on Ferrier although he obviously should of scored and their No.11 tore our defence a new one at times.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Pondfield Dagger

thankful for cousins, 5 magnificent top drawer saves of recent games- 2 orient, 2 hartlepool, 1 today. if john stll drops him, now that would be a joke. i know he made other saves as well, more comfortable..the one near the end of the first half, what a save.
Daggernewbie

Yet again another stupid penalty given away when there was no danger and how they did not score more is beyond me.Why is it time and time again let`s kick it down the middle of the pitch,when we started to play the ball in from the wings we scored and could have had a couple more.Lets drop john`s golden boys and get some fresh blood out there.
DaggerJoel11

Defensive weaknesses again. Gave Andrade far too much space and were punished. Okay first-half performance but shocking in the second half. 2-3 flattered us a bit, should've been a couple more and but for Cousins it would've been. Back to square one and a wasted game in hand, no wonder our attendances barely scrape over the 1000 mark.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Not sure if it was a pen I was 3 yards away from it, ref could not have even seen it massive guess to give it.
Gravy

Looked lost and one dimensional today. If the crosses in from the wings don't work we froze and were then caught out think they were looking for a header from cheek to save us every time. I don't get it go back a few years and dagenham were kings of long hoof ball now they do 2 passes (backwards) and launch and useless hopeful ball up seemingly without even looking. Who decides MOM? Howells? In the second half particularly he made 3 accurate passes??
Mark

I actually thought Ferrier coming in was the right selection and thought our first 11 was correct apart from not including Doe.

Everything we did first half was through Ferrier and yes his end product can be very frustrating but we created plenty.

For me our problems stem from a few key things. We don't defend the flanks well. Partly because the wingers don't defend much and partly because the full backs aren't actually very good all round defenders.

Second we couldn't even put up a fight for pace at the back against Andrade and Co. That game was tailor made for Doe.

Third we went too attacking at 2-1. Howell should never have been taken off. We do this a lot and shoot ourselves in the foot. Sometimes we do it from the start. Once we did this it was basically game over and they could've got 4 and 5.

I actually think we're quite easy to play against these days. Let us commit too many players forward and hit us on the break, our players won't track all the runners so you'll get an extra man and chances. Attack our flanks. Get some pace up against Howells and get crosses in. Eventually you'll score a header. Defensively you can just put men behind the ball as we barely move off the ball other than Ferrier, so we probably won't break anyone down.
Gravy

Diggerthedog wrote:Not sure if it was a pen I was 3 yards away from it, ref could not have even seen it massive guess to give it.

Must be honest from the sieve where I was looked spot on from the ref. Didn't need to dive in. In my opinion Robson was lucky not to have been cautioned he was a bag of shit today
Mark

Minor point but really winds me up our players 'liking' individual praise on twitter after a loss. It's a team game ffs!!!
ARNU

Lung had a shocker. Still dunno what he's doing with these subs. Corey puts in another drab performance that guarantees he shouldn't be going anywhere. Jake Howells loves s pass back , no midfield tonight , Robinson terrible. Why are we taking Howell off every game and leaving lazy cheek out there. Pile of shit tonight.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

Didn't look like a penalty at all and I too was very close to it. Looked like he tackled and won the ball, but there was contact. Quite why the ref could be so sure when there were a number of bodies between him and the incident is unclear.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''