Doidge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Off to Cardiff for 1 million. Blimey.

Didn’t see that one coming when he was here.
Mike the Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:Off to Cardiff for 1 million. Blimey.

Didn’t see that one coming when he was here.
Here? Was he at Ipswich? Don't recall that.

Seriously though, he looked ok to me, did pretty well in a poor team that was struggling. I don't really get all the hate he gets TBH.
NBDag

Was a workhorse when he was here but did need a lot of improvement to be a solid league 2 striker. Could see from last season how much he improved under a different manager so well done to him. Cardiff might be a step too high but I’m sure he won’t mind sitting on the bench whilst he rakes it in. Can’t believe all those boos he got from our fans last season didn’t send his career into a tailspin. Good luck to him.
Mark

I thought he was genuinely pretty useless with us and only got support because he worked harder than the other players.

He's obviously a better player now, he looked quicker and fitter at fgr and was closing the defenders down even harder than he did with us. His finishing is better and calmer.

If he can make that step up I'll be amazed but he certainly seems to have the right attitude.
A S dagger97

Also nice to see Zavon back in the efl. Gon off to chesterfield after an impressive spell at Maidstone.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

He did well for us in what was the worst team we had in decades. Good luck to him.
A S dagger97

Well unless FGR find someone to replace him they're ******.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
BB-Dagger

A S dagger97 wrote:Well unless FGR find someone to replace him they're ******.
I’m of the opinion that FGR are ****** anyway!
As for Doidge good luck to him.
ARNU

He was alright and if he'd been in this team I doubt cheek would get a look in. Good luck to him. Burnett discovery I believe.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

As others have said clearly much improved as he wasn't good in a struggling league 2 side but now he's banging them in for for fun for a similarly struggling league 2 side. League's third top scorer I think. Championship massive step for him though.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

Struggling is a misnomer in their situation... still creating chances to be put away... something we didn't do effectively for the last two years in the Football League... No point having a workhorse striker with no midfield behind him or wingers with any ability to get a ball in to the box
DevonDagger

I like Doidge, even after he left us. He did get a lot of boos on his return, especially in the home leg of the play-off semi, but I think a lot of this was related to some believing he dived for the penalty when it was later discovered to have been Bugiel.

I was disappointed we couldn't keep hold of him at the time, especially to a team with the same level of expectations as us at the time. But that said FGR could offer more money and is much closer to his home. I hold nothing against him for that.

But no I also never would have thought we had a potential £1m player with us.
DaggerJoel11

I think part of why a lot of love was lost was down to him celebrating twice against us and cupping his ears to our fans. Without the Daggers he'd still be languishing in the Welsh third division or wherever he was. Still, good luck to him.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Gravy

Was doidge sold? Or released? If sold I would be surprised we didn't put a sell on fee on him
lupins

Doidge cupped his ears when he scored and directed that gesture to the same idiots who had shouted out at him to F off just before. When that happened he actually turned to see who shouted it and seemed to be saying really, why?

The answer would have been because the shouter was a twat

I wasn't actually disappointed when he left as though his effort and work rate was never in question even in a struggling side I didn't see the touch or goalscoring potential at all. So I got that totally wrong and good luck to him