FA Trophy match date change

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

BB-Dagger wrote:This type of last minute fixture change is now quite common not only in the National League but also at higher levels, it’s about time all of the clubs got together and get BT or whoever to compensate supporters who have pre booked travel, obviously with proof of purchase. The TV companies make shit loads of money out of football and if they want to dictate game times they should cough up,
Or the club could have just said no?
steeevooo

Mark wrote:Don't know why we'd agree to this.
From a "having supporters at the game" side of things: The supporters are given absolutely zero consideration by certain people.

From a "footballing" side of things: I have absolutely no idea!!
The Romford Dagger

That's a disgrace. Why on earth have the club agreed to this? They could've said 'no' as its Heresford's decision to accept the Thursday game and TV money.

Feel for you all with train tickets. You've been absolutely shafted.
Mike the Dagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:That's a disgrace. Why on earth have the club agreed to this? They could've said 'no' as its Heresford's decision to accept the Thursday game and TV money.

What makes you think that the club got any say on when the game got played?

TV scheduled Hereford's FA Cup game on the Thursday, it's there home game in the trophy, the moved it to Sunday.
DI Mike Dashwood

Leave it out Mike, don't put across a reasoned debate for Christ's sake.
daggersjeff

FA standardised rules 8.14 to 8.18 Make interesting reading......
DI Mike Dashwood

You got a link or a quote DJ?? I can't be doing with reading through all the FA rules ha ha
dagger4eva

Someones being speaking with Dave the Plumb :)
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:You got a link or a quote DJ?? I can't be doing with reading through all the FA rules ha ha
It's meaningless. It's a set of rules that the FA complied to be used by leagues.

The rules on the trophy don't seem to be clear about whether there is really any scope for agreement for rearranging a game.
One thing that does seem to be being ignored is that IF we did have a choice and said no, then we'd just end up looking like another "bigger" club throwing it's weight around. I'm sure many of those complaining about the switch would have a moan about another bigger club doing that to us.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Someones being speaking with Dave the Plumb :)
So much better to not talk to anyone, jump to conclusions immediately, call people names on Facebook don't you think?
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:That's a disgrace. Why on earth have the club agreed to this? They could've said 'no' as its Heresford's decision to accept the Thursday game and TV money.

TV scheduled Hereford's FA Cup game on the Thursday, it's there home game in the trophy, the moved it to Sunday.

Because to move a fixture outside of a certain number of days (I forget what that number is off the top of my head) requires both clubs agreeing as well as confirmation from the FA.
Adrian

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Because to move a fixture outside of a certain number of days (I forget what that number is off the top of my head) requires both clubs agreeing as well as confirmation from the FA.
Can you quote the actual rule on that?
Daggernewbie

With all the discussion`s going on here is what the EFL rules say :-

26.3 However, where a Club is selected to play in a televised Match played under the auspices of The League on a Thursday evening, and that Club is also scheduled to play on the immediately following Saturday ('Saturday Match'), the Club shall have the right to request that The League reschedule the Saturday Match to the immediately following Sunday i.e. a 24 hour postponement. Approval for any such request shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Where applicable the provisions of Regulation 26.4 will also apply.

26.4 Further, where:
dagger4eva

we aren't in the EFL....
Daggernewbie

dagger4eva wrote:we aren't in the EFL....
We still have to abide by the same rules set out by the FA