Dover (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

Brilliant result and one of the best games I've seen in a while. While the whole team played well I need to applaud our defence, Dover were clearly very threatening as some of the Cousins fingertip saves shows but for the majority of the game we managed to keep them at bay. Ling had an outstanding game, seems to have good linkup play with Ferrier too (twice in 2 games hes set Ferrier up). Howells seems to be getting better at left back, when I saw Alabi was about twice the size of him (both outwards and upwards) I was concerned but Jake took the game to him and won almost every challenge.

Hopefully onward with lots of confidence to Chester, finally an away Daggers game on BT Sport.
dagger4eva

The defence really was top, top notch!

The odd kick aside, Cousins has really justified his No.1 position. in the squad.

MOM yesterday could have gone to one of Ferrier, Ling or Cousins imo - so for once cant really argue with that choice.

When was the last time we won 3 league games on the spin? I remember a few months back people saying it hadn't happened for ages. I just cant remember if we managed to do it since then...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Best games I have seen for a while are some of the quotes ,really.

We surely have not been that poor recently.

Arun let me assure you that you did not miss a lot mate.

Found most of the second half rather tedious just lumping it forward in hope rather then expectation. Why we did not get it down and attack two of those hopeless full backs more god alone knows. The Police are stilll
Looking for Femi and his colleagues for the goal.To allow somebody to run 70-80 yards unchallenged is laughable.

The only threat they had was what we allowed them , the first Cousion save came from a hopefully punt that went over everybody and the second came from yet another slip , this time by the excellent Ling.

Ferrier Was the only one of our front Men who looked a constant threat , the rest looked well
Off it.

We were the better team throughout there is no doubt and was really disappointed with the opponents who proved just another high flying team who have come here and looked bang average.

Really tempted by the 7/1 being offered by Victor Chandler this morning for us to win the League, we are nearly half way through and it is already clear that it will only take a good team to win it not an exceptional one.

If we had played to our strengths and not the opposition we would have surely won in a more contactable manner.

Good solid team effort for sure but hardly a classic and in fact rather tedious for long periids
Richie

Bit harsh Sussex, was a decent game I thought. Ling, Howells, Howell and Ferrier the stand outs I think.

Controversial opinion though, is Cheek actually good? I've seen him have 1 good match against Bromley.
Mark

I get the feeling Cheek needs to be 100% fit and sharp to have an impact and he's been a bit short for most of the season.

The kind of player he is, he isn't the quickest or the biggest or have the best touch; he is strong, can hit a ball and knows where to be in the box. When he's a slightly off the pace he can't seem to quite get into the right place or react quickest. I think it'll come in the next couple of weeks.

On a positive note I thought Bloomfield held it up well and looked much better than previous cameos.
Newdaggersfan

He has a couple of games without scoring and all off a sudden he’s no good?

I believe he brings a lot more to the team than just goals, a lot of the play goes through cheek.

I also don’t think it helps that whitely and ferrier don’t know what a pass is
Kevin

Mark wrote:I get the feeling Cheek needs to be 100% fit and sharp to have an impact and he's been a bit short for most of the season.
I agree - doesn't look quite bang on it. Hopefully he'll find the net soon & go on bit of a scoring-run.

I really enjoyed last nights match - great old tussle in amongst a force nine gale.

As well as the efforts that Cousins saved, Dover had 10-11 shots that were blocked by our defenders either in, or on the edge of the box - very tough game against very tough opponents.

Cracking goal from Ferrier, with a peach of a cross from Ling :D
Diggerthedog

Proper Dagenham performance, well done lads.