Daggers U17`s win 7-1

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

The U17`s team have some really impressive players and it showed by winning 7- 1.Overall they put the 1st team players to shame they showed commitment by chasing,battling for the ball and the passing and crossing was top class.Play them Saturday and I reckon they give Guiseley a run for there money.
Mike the Dagger

So, to clarify, you are proposing we put an u17 side out against Guisely?

What colour is the sky there?
DevonDagger

I'd like to think the OP is suggesting more 'hypothetically' that if our u17s were to play Guiseley, they would perhaps put a good showing in.

Not sure myself it would be much of a contest in my opinion although I haven't witness our u17s admittedly, young players do chase and chase but tactically and mentally will possible lack against experienced players at this level. I think we must remember that this evening's opposition was Clanfield 85 U18s, who with no disrespect I hadn't heard of Clanfield 85 at all before our u17s were matched up against their 18s.

Partially off-topic, on the general idea of experimenting against Guiseley (even if it's not the u17s) I also think we shouldn't underestimate them, we've been here before. Not just 'ever' but at least twice this season. Scraping a point against Solihull and a hard-fought win against Torquay sticks hard in the memory. Guiseley also come to us off the back of beating Accrington (currently 2nd in L2) away in their FA cup replay on penalties, despite being down to 10 men for 75 minutes. I don't think it's the time to start being experimental. Though part of me hopes they'll be absolutely knackered from that :twisted:

That said I'm still pleased to see our youth levels doing well, I will never get bored of the club developing players and seeing them on to greater things.
dagger4eva

I desperately wanted to go to that last night but unfortunately had plans.

A superb result though - be great if some of these lads could eventually progress into the 1st team 1 day!

Oxford United or Bristol Rovers away in the next round...
Simmo

It’s Oxford United and will be played on Oxford City’s plastic pitch. Date to be agreed in the next 48 hours.
Mike the Dagger

Simmo wrote:It’s Oxford United and will be played on Oxford City’s plastic pitch. Date to be agreed in the next 48 hours.
Do they not have to play an FA Youth Cup game on their home ground?
Simmo

Nope, those days are in the past.

They just name the ground they are going to use for all their games before the competition starts. West Ham named the Chigwell Construction Stadium for theirs.

A couple of years ago Spurs played their games at our ground.