How is this fair on the players?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

On an overview of today's game, we were outplayed in the first half but I knew they couldn't keep it up for 90 minutes and that proved evident late on in the second half. I thought Charlee Adams had his best game so far and Romain and Sparkes were superb off the bench. I think today, in terms of going forward, Morgan Ferrier seems to be crucial for putting the ball in the back of the net!

Now for why I am posting on the forum...

Our support was disgusting (DISCLAIMER: NOT EVERYONE). Is it really supporting your team criticizing their every move. Yes, maybe the daggers should 'wake up' sometimes or 'stop being so lazy', but when it comes to people shouting 'do something Fejiri you c**t', that's when its taken too far. The point of travelling round the corner to Victoria Road or on a 100's of miles journey across the country is to support your club, motivate them, and show them the appreciation they deserve putting on that daggers shirt week in week out. Look at the Maidstone fans, whether winning or losing, they never stop making noise (in a positive sense), why can't we model that? No more abuse to the players, maybe at times they deserve some stick sometimes, but not to them personally. Yes sometimes they need to be told to communicate, but anything you wouldn't say to there face, don't shout it out whether being 5 or 40 yards away from them. We all unite on the same beautiful club, let's support them the best we can. The players deserve better in all honesty.

Up the mighty daggers!!!
Mark

Does my head in tbh. Few away games this season certain players seem to get dogs abuse. Heard Adams getting repeatedly called f'in useless.
ayrisdagger

He does Mark, and he is just as good as Robinson in my opinion. Just took him a while to find his feet and break through to the first team and I'm quite impressed with him!
Chigwellian

After the huddle, John Still just walked off... not surprised really !
ayrisdagger

Well of course he did, players warm down after the game.
Pablosammy

Tranmere fan here. Yeah, it was a poor performance from your guys, but I couldn't believe the abuse your fans were giving to the players when they walked over to applaud at the end of the game. It's been a while since I've seen any fans react like that - real anger. Fair play to those who made the long trip though, regardless of how you choose to support your side.
Chigwellian

ayrisdagger wrote:Well of course he did, players warm down after the game.
Doesn’t he normally look over and clap above his head as he walks off?
ayrisdagger

You expect our manager to clap the stick and shit support of our fans???
ayrisdagger

Pablosammy, please know that those who treat our players so disgustingly is at a minimum, but needs to stop.
Diggerthedog

11 away games without a win.
DaggerJoel11

To be fair, when fans travel hundreds of miles whilst paying their hard-earned money, they expect somewhat of a performance and if the team play in a totally underwhelming manner, they can only expect abuse. Sure I can't comment on today as I wasn't there but although I completely agree and condemn the behaviour myself, it is understandable to be frustrated. Fans don't mind losing, hence the Hartlepool game, but when the effort isn't there as we've seen many times before, they're going to be annoyed.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

We look so lethargic at times I guess it can sometimes look like a lack of effort. It's very frustrating when we seem to not win any second balls. Not sure what causes it. Fear maybe.
ayrisdagger

Joel, yes performances can be below par away from home, but abuse is unacceptable, constructive criticism, fair enough but abusive comments is unwanted and unneeded. Just look at what a Tranmere fan put above...
Diggerthedog

Your right it's not acceptable but thats for the stewards and police to deal with, the problems only started when the offended on other peoples behalf snowflake party got involved.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Your right it's not acceptable but thats for the stewards and police to deal with, the problems only started when the offended on other peoples behalf snowflake party got involved.
"I pay my money so I am entitled to say what I like."

I despair of a certain section of our "support".