Views From The Sieve

The Independent Dagenham and Redbridge forum

How is this fair on the players?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Diggerthedog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Interview him about his rudeness.


His rudeness is legendary, especially after he's had a couple of beers. There are no excuses for that, but you shouldn't be surprised at it.


Think he had more then a couple, he clearly has a drinking problem. I was surprised at the length of verbal assault and language used. Funny that on train I bumped into him on his way to the BAR.
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby SUSSEX DAGGER » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Give you 109/1 against him having to sign a good conduct pledge or being subject to an exclusion order if he don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:47 am

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby dagger4eva » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Prior to "email-gate" - the club / Steve put out a statement which ended as follows:

However in an attempt to stop the inevitable rumour mill that normally surrounds such events the club is making this public statement in the hope of drawing a line under what otherwise could become an unseemly and damaging split.

Perhaps he would like to offer another statement on this occasion, for similar reasons .....

Alternatively, I'd suggest he lays off the Carling for a while!
dagger4eva
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Mike the Dagger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
His rudeness is legendary, especially after he's had a couple of beers. There are no excuses for that, but you shouldn't be surprised at it.


Think he had more then a couple, he clearly has a drinking problem. I was surprised at the length of verbal assault and language used. Funny that on train I bumped into him on his way to the BAR.


It's entirely possible he may have an issue with drink, I doubt his fellow directors were very impressed TBH. Add to that he'd probably had a long and rubbish day, especially with the team getting turned over in what sounds like a very poor fashion. Then there was someone starting unsubstantiated rumours about Glyn Hopkin pulling out of the club... who was that I wonder??
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
 
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Diggerthedog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Not me regarding GH, merely mentioning what I was hearing on the train. Someone should have stopped him drinking after the incident or at least went to the bar for him. All on expenses was it?
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Mike the Dagger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:Not me regarding GH, merely mentioning what I was hearing on the train.


Ah OK, you didn't start it, just put it on twitter? Who told you I wonder? Did you ask for any kind of evidence?

Diggerthedog wrote:Someone should have stopped him drinking after the incident or at least went to the bar for him.


Quite possibly, but hey, he's an adult, and a grumpy, irritable one at that. I can imagine stopping him getting a drink if he wanted one might have been hard to do.

Diggerthedog wrote:All on expenses was it?


No idea tbh. Do you know, seeing as you brought it up?
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
 
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Diggerthedog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Evidence? what is it a police investigation? Merely putting what I heard from a reliable source.

Your right he is an adult who becomes a child when he has a drink. When I travel with my firm I don't pay for a bean and normally don't abuse my clients when doing so
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Mike the Dagger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:Evidence? what is it a police investigation? Merely putting what I heard from a reliable source.


No police investigation, just interested where this was coming from. I guess you are not saying who started it? Someone shit stirring maybe?

Diggerthedog wrote:Your right he is an adult who becomes a child when he has a drink. When I travel with my firm I don't pay for a bean and normally don't abuse my clients when doing so


Can't disagree with that, it isn't good, and he should know better. Also, it isn't a surprise any more, he has lots of previous form, hence my first point.

Good to hear that you don't abuse your clients, well done for that. I need to change jobs if your firm will pay for you to get pissed on a train. Subsistence yes, maybe even a beer or two. Getting lashed, no.
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
 
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Diggerthedog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Evidence? what is it a police investigation? Merely putting what I heard from a reliable source.


No police investigation, just interested where this was coming from. I guess you are not saying who started it? Someone shit stirring maybe?

Diggerthedog wrote:Your right he is an adult who becomes a child when he has a drink. When I travel with my firm I don't pay for a bean and normally don't abuse my clients when doing so


Can't disagree with that, it isn't good, and he should know better. Also, it isn't a surprise any more, he has lots of previous form, hence my first point.

Good to hear that you don't abuse your clients, well done for that. I need to change jobs if your firm will pay for you to get pissed on a train. Subsistence yes, maybe even a beer or two. Getting lashed, no.


No stirring as far as i'm aware.

Maximum 3 drinks on any expenses I claim.
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Mike the Dagger » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Diggerthedog wrote:
No stirring as far as i'm aware.


So, given Glyn is out of the country, the denial from Simmo, and no official word, just wrong?

And you can't/won't say where it came from?
User avatar
Mike the Dagger
 
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 am

Re: How is this fair on the players?

Postby Diggerthedog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
No stirring as far as i'm aware.


So, given Glyn is out of the country, the denial from Simmo, and no official word, just wrong?

And you can't/won't say where it came from?


Could well be wrong, will quiz the source on Saturday.
Diggerthedog
 
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Previous

Return to Discuss all things Dagenham and Redbridge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests