Corey Whiteley loss of form

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

Noticed on the Taking on the Maids post how some are mentioning Corey`s drop in form of late so started this one to get your views on the subject.

Yes his form has fell away over the last few games loads of us has noticed this so maybe he does need a bit of rest to get him firing on all cylinders again,then again do you keep playing him one goal might make all the difference and kick start him again.The choice is a hard one personally put I would put him on the bench for a while and use him as a sub for a few games this will give a bit of a rest but still be involved if needed.
Sagres

He will get a rest we haven't got a 1st team game for two weeks!
Daggernewbie

Sagres wrote:He will get a rest we haven't got a 1st team game for two weeks!
We have a game on Tuesday albeit a Essex Senior cup game heard Johns going to field a strong team and Saturday they might play behind closed doors.
ARNU

How knackering is playing football for a footballer really ? He's playing below par for some reason, looked bored yesterday. Complacency ,boredom didn't get a move or not eating his crusties could all be a reason. Start Bloomfield or Mr Chips, give him a few weeks on the bench or walking round the ground on match day like Ben Nunn yesterday. He'll come good again I'm sure.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

He just seems to be so low on confidence and doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself right now. I feel like the criticism and the high expectations we all have for him doesn’t help, but fans will always be like that so he needs to learn how to ignore it, if that is the case of course.

Think it’s worth pointing out though that Whitely off form still creates things and still plays to an acceptable standard. Let’s not forget that he had a goal disallowed against Wrexham that could have easily stood on a different day. I think a lot of comments are blowing it way out of proportion as if he was Kevin Maher or something. Hopefully he plays in the Essex Cup and tears apart whoever it is we have. I reckon a game against a substandard opposition could give him the kickstart he needs to start believing in himself again.
ARNU

The most cutting comment I've seen made is he's hit a bout of low form that's all. Which he has..I don't see why we have to wrap some players in cotton wool and we can totally slate others .
Adrian

Your thinly veiled suggestion that he's sulking is pretty low.
NBDag

ARNU wrote:The most cutting comment I've seen made is he's hit a bout of low form that's all. Which he has..I don't see why we have to wrap some players in cotton wool and we can totally slate others .
Didn’t say he needs wrapping in cotton wool. Clearly said he needs to learn to ignore it
ARNU

NBDag wrote:
ARNU wrote:The most cutting comment I've seen made is he's hit a bout of low form that's all. Which he has..I don't see why we have to wrap some players in cotton wool and we can totally slate others .
Didn’t say he needs wrapping in cotton wool. Clearly said he needs to learn to ignore it
Wasn't digging you out particularly, I agree with you in fact. Said it many times before, footballers love the praise and adulation so they should learn to take criticism where it's due. I think learning to ignore it is also a good idea.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:Your thinly veiled suggestion that he's sulking is pretty low.
I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit what I might think, he should ignore it. What about you slating medi Elliot all those years ? Hardly constructive.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:Your thinly veiled suggestion that he's sulking is pretty low.
I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit what I might think, he should ignore it. What about you slating medi Elliot all those years ? Hardly constructive.
Adrian

Never accused him of sulking, just never got why some thought he was so good when he largely didn't actually do much.

My response was in reference to you claiming there had been no cutting comments about him.
I'd say yours was a pretty sharp attempt.
ARNU

Looking miserable and having a sulk. Hardly fighting talk is it ? Giving the ball away a lot far more cutting if it wasn't true.
stanton101

Every striker goes through a strop when things ain't going to plan. But to suggest dropping him is madness.
For a start he's only had ferrier up with him due to cheeks injury. And as much as I like ferrier he is a somewhat head down and go for goal type player when sometimes a pass to a teammate in and around the box is the better option. Cheek has more about him and works better in a partnership, i.e. Whitely.
He may be off the boil at the moment, but he's liable to pull off a stunner somewhere and we're lucky to have him.
He even managed to make Hawkins look decent last season, by putting balls on a plate for him, no mean feat that.

Cue Adrian. :lol:
Dags58

Get a life you sad man slagging players off wear your glasses when watching games