No
31%
Don't know
9%
Something else - comment below
No votes

Total votes: 35
Mark

No. It means just don't write entire posts in a way that is unintelligible.
Mike the Dagger

Why "don't be a cock", not don't be an idiot out of interest?
Auntie Merge

It is the phrase from Hoagy's old forum(s).
NBDag

Says don’t be a cock several times yet then says don’t “bait” other people. Hmm dis 4um mite not b vry fun 4 mch longa.
Daggernewbie

Hmmm saying DON`T BE A COCK is not very nice surely this is going against what you are saying about calling others names.
bloke down the pub

Why not have an agree and a disagree box .It would save calling people names.
BB-Dagger

Calling people names like “nob”?
bloke down the pub

BB-Dagger wrote:Calling people names like “nob”?
And NOBs telling you how to spell it.HaHahaha
ARNU

Milk monitor. - Moderator- Traffic Warden.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

A number of posts are missing from threads.

This is down to software issues. The more observant of you might have noticed the forum was down on Sunday; this was not of my making -
The software desperately needs to be patched and I haven't yet been given access to do this. As soon as I have access, it will be patched within 48 hours.
Apologies but until I have the access there is nothing I can do.
Auntie Merge

It looks like a software upgrade will be happening within the next 10 days or so. This will mean some downtime of probably 1-3 hours in total. I'll aim to warn you when it is going to happen.

I have some of questions about archiving on here.
Things like the Confguide forum are fluid; the posts are only up for maybe a week/ten days, and then they are deleted.
When Steve Mc's Daggers forum was online, and it was on Hoagy's old system, posts were up for maybe 4-8 weeks, then deleted.
Before anyone cries foul, deleting like this is not North Korean but designed to keep the forum database at a particular size.

This one seems to go back to when it began, about 5 years ago. There is no deletion at present. I have not yet analysed the size of the database.

The questions are:-
1. Does anyone ever search through archive posts, aside from the obvious 'start of the season' predictions?
2. Would posts being more disposable, encourage you to post more? e.g. The fact that you knew what you posted on here would be deleted after a few months, rather than held up for all eternity, encourage you to post more?
3. If there was a mandatory time limit from the last active post in a thread to when it became deletable, what time limit would you set? 12 months? 15 months? 24 months? Something else.

Thoughts and opinions welcome please.
admin
Site Admin

There was scheduled downtime tonight (Sunday 28th January 2018) and the forum went temporarily offline at 10.00 pm. This was for essential maintenance.
There is still one further period downtime due. The time of this will be advertised in an announcement on the forum and this thread. It is unlikely to last for more than an hour.
daggersjeff

Auntie Merge wrote: The questions are:-
1. Does anyone ever search through archive posts, aside from the obvious 'start of the season' predictions?
2. Would posts being more disposable, encourage you to post more? e.g. The fact that you knew what you posted on here would be deleted after a few months, rather than held up for all eternity, encourage you to post more?
3. If there was a mandatory time limit from the last active post in a thread to when it became deletable, what time limit would you set? 12 months? 15 months? 24 months? Something else.

Thoughts and opinions welcome please.
1/ Yes, but no more than 6 months back
2/ wouldnt fuss me
3/ 12 months maximum
Auntie Merge

As some of you may have noticed, the emoticons have been updated. There are a couple still be to added (rofl and a devil), but if there is a icon you would like to see, please let me know and I will aim to find it.

:smart:
admin
Site Admin

There was a short period of forum downtime tonight Friday 2nd February 2018 at 10pm. This was for essential maintenance. There is likely to be further downtime next week of approximately 10-15 minutes but it might take longer. The forum announcement will give advance notice.
Apologies in advance for any Inconvenience.