31%
Don't know
9%
Something else - comment below
No votes

Total votes: 35
admin
Site Admin

Any feedback, bugs or fixes for the admin team, please leave them in this thread. Thanks

We've started to make a few changes to the forum.

The first change has been the introduction of automatic registration, so currently no new registrations need admin approval.

The second change is that we have extended the number of posts per page from 10 to 15. If anyone has a problem on their device with this (excessive scrolling, page not loading), this is the thread to let us know. We've done this in order to reduce the number of clicks needed in order to read a thread.

We are currently looking a merging all subforums, so that Daggers on topics and off topics are all in the same place.
Our view on this is that there aren't enough off topics to make a different section, at times it makes the place seem excessively quiet, and that some posters are reluctant to post anything due to the 'forum police'. As well as this, it divides the community. If there were 50 to 100 new topics a day then yes, split them. But as the forum is now? We can do this as a trial and if it gets too much then split them again.

A poll is below. Your feedback is appreciated, along with any other comments or input as to how you'd like to see the forum run. You are also welcome to PM the admin account if there is something you'd like to say privately.

Thanks.
Temp admin.
ThatRoundThing

So who is running the forum now?
admin
Site Admin

An announcement will be made on 31st October 2017.
Dagger83

admin wrote:An announcement will be made on 31st October 2017.
I wonder if it'll be a trick or a treat?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
TomMc

For a proper "look at me!" moment? Why not just say now? It's a Football Forum ffs, not the Baftas.
admin
Site Admin

TomMc wrote:
For a proper "look at me!" moment? Why not just say now? It's a Football Forum ffs, not the Baftas.
It might have something to with the handover not being completed. Why name someone who might then change their mind?
TomMc

admin wrote:
TomMc wrote:
It might have something to with the handover not being completed. Why name someone who might then change their mind?
I'm confused, it's ok to announce changes to the forum (new registration process, functionality etc) before the handover's taken place, but not who's making the changes?
NickMurphy

"All will be revealed next week"
"An announcement will be made on the 31st"

Do you actually read this things back and recognise how stupid and egotistical they sound when in reference to a bloody football forum?
admin
Site Admin

You'll have to remain confused a little longer but there is no great mystery or big announcement.
More that we'd like to have a few days of open discussion about the forum (as per our first post in this thread) before moving forward.

When we do move forward, this admin account will only be used for formal board wide announcements. All moderation will be completed by forum moderators using their usual usernames. If you'd like to be considered to be a moderator, please PM the admin account.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:"All will be revealed next week"
"An announcement will be made on the 31st"

Do you actually read this things back and recognise how stupid and egotistical they sound when in reference to a bloody football forum?

From those two quotes, I could have a good guess who it is.
Alan

Does anyone NOT know that it’s Merge?
The Romford Dagger

Alan wrote:Does anyone NOT know that it’s Merge?
Ha - just come right out and say it then
The Romford Dagger

Alan wrote:Does anyone NOT know that it’s Merge?
Ha - just come right out and say it then
Auntie Merge

It is me but I didn't want to confirm I was taking over immediately as I had a few other projects to complete. Anyway I'm here now.

I've added the forum rules and guidelines. This forum will be loosely moderated. There has to be an extremely good reason for a thread to be locked, and not just because someone is unhappy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2888

Still to happen :
Favicon
Updated software
Updated smilies

Anything else you want?
The Romford Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote:It is me but I didn't want to confirm I was taking over immediately as I had a few other projects to complete. Anyway I'm here now.

I've added the forum rules and guidelines. This forum will be loosely moderated. There has to be an extremely good reason for a thread to be locked, and not just because someone is unhappy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2888

Still to happen :
Favicon
Updated software
Updated smilies

Anything else you want?

Just seen them forum rules. Blimey.

No text message speak. I assume it's an instant one day ban for the wrong use of punctuation and grammar?