If guilty....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:
Tranced wrote:^none, and given how many false accusations there have been recently - despite knowing nothing about the case - I'm skeptical about her claims.
Maybe we should wait for the verdict before we start accusing people of making false claims ,Yeah !
Haha touche
Masked Man

Very interesting point about the FA being able to intervene if someone is convicted of something.

It would be interesting to see a set of rules that says if you are convicted of any of the following crimes, by default of bringing the game into disrepute, you will face a life ban from playing in the Premier League and/or FL.

It convicted of violent or sex crimes, you are forbidden to work in certain jobs for the rest of your life (don't believe the bull about crimes being spent after 7 years!!). So if you are in a public facing role, then why shouldn't there be guidelines of what is and what isn't acceptable behaviour? :?:
ARNU

Professional sportspeople whether they like it or not should have standards to live upto and maintain.If you can kill someone whilst driving,rape,gang rape,molest and even murder then return to your sport and be paid handsomely then something is wrong.The sports governing body should intervene but you know they wont.The FA with its racist,sexist and positively homophobic roots have got far bigger things to worry about Im sure.

Now Im speaking as a father of a 22 year old daughter and the thought that she might be subjected to any sexual deviant let alone famous ones like Marlon King whilst out clubbing fills me with horror.

Read this,should this Marlon King ever have been allowed back ? Obviously has a problem with women given the violence he inflicted on them.Scum !!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... nal-career
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

This debate has been had time and time again but I think the FA should allow them to return to their "trade" after serving their time.
Tranced

Why shouldn't they play again? No one should be banned from returning to work - and that's what football is to them - after serving their time. And Arnu, people will have had their way with your daughter. That's fact.
ARNU

Tranced wrote:Why shouldn't they play again? No one should be banned from returning to work - and that's what football is to them - after serving their time. And Arnu, people will have had their way with your daughter. That's fact.
Because they are rapists and that's a little bit more serious don't you think or are you ok with it ? Why are you defending Marlon King ?
Last edited by ARNU on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

Richie wrote:This debate has been had time and time again but I think the FA should allow them to return to their "trade" after serving their time.
I think players being convicted of sexual assault/rape despite there being some on here are who ok with that, really is a difficult crime for me to forgive.Let them work in a factory or something where they can at least pale into obscurity but to have them employed in a glamourous high paid job and being on the telly reminding their victims and basically saying ****** you Im free while your life has turned to shit is disgracefull.
ARNU

ARNU wrote:
Tranced wrote:Why shouldn't they play again? No one should be banned from returning to work - and that's what football is to them - after serving their time. And Arnu, people will have had their way with your daughter. That's fact.
You are out of line making remarks about my daughter Matt but Id imagine you are at least half decent so on reflection maybe you'd retract that last shitty comment.You might think you were being funny , but if you read it back again you might be able to see why it wasn't your finest work.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Someone's level of fame shouldn't have any effect on how they're treated after serving their punishment. There are some jobs where people with certain criminal convictions should nt be allowed I.e jobs that involve working with children, or those that involve working with money when the conviction is for something like fraud.

The FA shouldn't ban people just because they've had some form of conviction. Someone like Marlon King would have committed his crimes regardless of his profession.

Oh, and if you don't want your daughter mentioned, don't bring her up in a thread like this in the first place. The point made was nothing like what it had been made out to be, but its not like you don't have a history of overreacting and misinterpreting.
Richie

ARNU wrote:
Richie wrote:This debate has been had time and time again but I think the FA should allow them to return to their "trade" after serving their time.
I think players being convicted of sexual assault/rape despite there being some on here are who ok with that, really is a difficult crime for me to forgive.Let them work in a factory or something where they can at least pale into obscurity but to have them employed in a glamourous high paid job and being on the telly reminding their victims and basically saying ****** you Im free while your life has turned to shit is disgracefull.
I highly doubt he's well paid at Oldham
Lcbdagger

Let's be honest here... should any team feel the need to bring in aplayer who has previously been involved in any action that caused the death of someone else? No, of course not!

Will that ever stop teams from recruiting such players? Again, of course not...

Horrified that Lee Hughes still gets paid money to play football for a living after what he did (and how he reacted at the time to hat he did), but he was always a class above in our league and would always get picked up by someone who needed the goals more than they cared about the abuse one of their players would receive
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Oh, and if you don't want your daughter mentioned, don't bring her up in a thread like this in the first place. The point made was nothing like what it had been made out to be, but its not like you don't have a history of overreacting and misinterpreting.
Now its clear we dont see eye to eye and you enjoy antagonising me on a forum at least but I didn't bring my daughter into it really.I just remarked that I do have a daughter of the age of Christian Montano's alledged victim.She wasn't mentioned to be ridiculed and insulted,and if you think his comments were inline and you condone such things then you really do have a problem.Im guessing you don't have kids because you certainly wouldnt defend rapists and drunk drivers so readily in public,and if you did you'd understand a line had been crossed.
ARNU

Richie wrote:
ARNU wrote:
I highly doubt he's well paid at Oldham
I don't think its the pay that offends me Richie, though I aint over joyed at the fact he probably continues a pretty comfortable life style.Its the fact that his victims family and friends have to watch him on tv doing his happy dance and just rubbing it in.Id happily stick a bayonet thru his liver if he ever inflicted that on me and my family.Imagine your loved ones killed by a maniac like him and ask yourself would you want to see his ugly mug on telly week in week out having a great old time.Maybe Im a bit sensitive but I can assure you my anger aint bravado.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Oh, and if you don't want your daughter mentioned, don't bring her up in a thread like this in the first place. The point made was nothing like what it had been made out to be, but its not like you don't have a history of overreacting and misinterpreting.
Now its clear we dont see eye to eye and you enjoy antagonising me on a forum at least but I didn't bring my daughter into it really.I just remarked that I do have a daughter of the age of Christian Montano's alledged victim.She wasn't mentioned to be ridiculed and insulted,and if you think his comments were inline and you condone such things then you really do have a problem.Im guessing you don't have kids because you certainly wouldnt defend rapists and drunk drivers so readily in public,and if you did you'd understand a line had been crossed.
I've got kids of my own and nephews and nieces. However, I wouldn't use them as examples ins thread about gang rape and then whinge if someone pointed out that they're likely to have had sexual intercourse.
As ever, you're just showing that you can't cope with anyone saying something different to you. I haven't defended rapists or drunk drivers at all - that's just more of you making something up to try and have a dig at someone, and failing yet again.
You've shown previously that you get too emotionally involved in issues and are incapable of looking at them rationally.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:
I've got kids of my own and nephews and nieces. However, I wouldn't use them as examples ins thread about gang rape and then whinge if someone pointed out that they're likely to have had sexual intercourse.
As ever, you're just showing that you can't cope with anyone saying something different to you. I haven't defended rapists or drunk drivers at all - that's just more of you making something up to try and have a dig at someone, and failing yet again.
You've shown previously that you get too emotionally involved in issues and are incapable of looking at them rationally.
Can you at least see how some might be slightly offended by that comment or at least be uncomfortable with it ? I mentioned the fact I have a daughter that's all.Just because we can all type from the safety of our laptops dosent excuse us from basic etiquette.I haven't gone all nuclear,just asked that the comment be retracted. I don't suppose he meant any harm but I would respect anyone that recognises a mistake.