Maidenhead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

On Tuesday we finally managed to beat our winless and goalless spell. Question is can we now do the same and win an away game?

I believe we should, without question. Maidenhead are currently 11th but I don't expect them to finish any higher than that. I must give them immense credit for managing to maintain a fairly good campaign so far despite losing Tarpey to Barnet, I haven't a clue but from the outsiders perspective I must assume there would have been concern upon his departure.

No ex-player watch to add this time - however they do have Jake Hyde who some may remember for his time at Barnet.

What would upset me most about not winning would be our inability to beat a team who uses a 'pitchero' website, I didn't realise anyone in this league uses one of those. (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/maidenheadunited)

Does anyone know if this game is segregated or not? Like most, I expect, it will be my first visit to this ground.

Prediction:

Maindenhead 1
Daggers 2

Flags.. possibly 1
Dagdale

Would expect some changes from Tuesday night as Charlee Adams seemed to be in a fair bit of pain and limping off very close to the end and maybe Bloomfield close to getting a start? Corey rested? Could someone please give light when Dan Sparkes will be ready to wear the red? Eagerly await that. Maidenhead dip one week and every now and then pull out a good result, sounds familiar I suppose? Expect Alan Devonshire will get a good response from our Hammer element, had the pleasure of seeing him a few times, great midfield general and a credit to the game. Expecting to get that second away win at last as with our good support and a first time visit for most of us, hear its the oldest senior football ground used by the same club in the world and with the town and station all pretty central, if its not segregated will we see our famous flags on 'their end' against MAIDENHEAD UNITED FC on the back of that stand? much looking forward to this one, so make it a good one for us lads!
ARNU

Devonshire was mustard as a player. Saw him play many manny times. Went to his England debut too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

Have just read Maidenhead's match preview which confirms that the match is segregated, something which slightly disappoints me.

Looking forward to visiting a historic ground and hopefully we can build on our midweek victory. Both teams like to score goals so I'm going to say we'll win 3-2.

A win could really improve our league position going into next month which is one where we should be aiming for maximum points against three struggling sides.

Hopefully we bring around 150+ away fans and finally have some joy on the road.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Will be a high scoring game I think so will go for 2-2. Would like to see us win for the first time away since August 8th.

Our ticket news says we have a whole end but the game is segregated and clearly states on their website that home fans will occupy both ends 'behind the goals'.
Daggernewbie

Never been to the ground so it`s a first for me hopefully come away a very happy person :-)
stanton101

I think we'll win quite comfortably tbh.
It made a change on Tuesday to be on the right end of a 1-0 scorline and with cheek gradually getting back up to speed and the defence once again looking solid with Robson and Doey, I think we may just be getting over our mini wobble. One thing I'd like to see is Corey back on the scoresheet and this Saturday may just be his time.

Maidenhead 1-3 Daggers
Corey (2)
Cheek.
Dagger83

Is Sparkes due to be fit at any point soon? Haven't heard anything about him for ages.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Phippo

I'm anticipating an emphatic win for the Daggers!
Mark

I'd drop Corey tbh. Obviously I like him but he's been pretty bad recently. On Tuesday he misplaced so many simple passes.
Adrian

Mark wrote:I'd drop Corey tbh. Obviously I like him but he's been pretty bad recently. On Tuesday he misplaced so many simple passes.
Who do you replace him with though?
Fejiri hasn't been too good either and Whitely at least has the potential to do something out of nothing.
Phippo

Corey has gone from pretty special at this level, to pretty ordinary! The hope is that he starts firing on all cylinders soon. Maybe we are relying on him a little too much, but I would persevere with him at this present time.
NBDag

Fey didn’t look too bad when coming on against Macclesfield. Almost had a great scoring opportunity if he wasn’t hacked down just outside the box. I’d happily see him replace Whitely.
Kevin

Er... Maidenhead are one single point behind us at the moment - I don't quite buy into all this "we should win this" stuff.

There's been a lot of talk about Corey Whitely's form, I'd also throw in that his fitness might well be a factor - hasn't looked quite on the money since he got injured a month or so back. Tuesday night, he ran himself into the ground after doing the same a few days before - could possibly do with a match starting from the bench..

That said, hoping for us to find our scoring boots - maybe 2-0 Cheek + Howell

C'mon you Daggers..!! :D