Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote:This same topic was discussed on a thread late August. My post on that thread told of a conversation I had with an Official at AFC Fylde regarding an email they had received from our club pointing out the then recent behaviour of a minority of our fans and a problem with some of our flags being displayed at recent games.

I had just had a long tiring journey and was only at Fylde to collect my tickets so wasn't in the mood to delve any deeper with the club official. At least one member of this forum attempted to question my posting in his posting but myself and my partner know what we heard at the time.

I am not a Supporters Club member, am not pro or anti flags and as a male of pensionable age attend matches purely to watch a game of football involving the team I support. Not interested in internal politics of the club but something about this latest club statement doesn't ring true to me basing solely on what I heard from an opposition club official wearing a club tie and gave me the impression of someone of high ranking within their club.

We now have a unanimously voted Supporters Club committee member to represent Supporters Club members at board level so maybe we should get a reply from him, or at very least a Supporters Club committee member to tell us on this forum their version of what actually happened in the Supporters Club Office last Saturday and their view on the email document shown to them.
The club never denied sending an email to AFC Fylde, or to Maidstone, our next two opponents at the time. What they did deny was that it had also been sent to the rest of our future opponents.

This is a proper storm in a teacup, always has been, but someone, somewhere has decided to perpetuate it.
Diggerthedog

All the problems surround one person, get rid of him. Simple really. The club/supporters wont move on until it happens.
Daggernewbie

ThatRoundThing wrote:This same topic was discussed on a thread late August. My post on that thread told of a conversation I had with an Official at AFC Fylde regarding an email they had received from our club pointing out the then recent behaviour of a minority of our fans and a problem with some of our flags being displayed at recent games.

I had just had a long tiring journey and was only at Fylde to collect my tickets so wasn't in the mood to delve any deeper with the club official. At least one member of this forum attempted to question my posting in his posting but myself and my partner know what we heard at the time.

I am not a Supporters Club member, am not pro or anti flags and as a male of pensionable age attend matches purely to watch a game of football involving the team I support. Not interested in internal politics of the club but something about this latest club statement doesn't ring true to me basing solely on what I heard from an opposition club official wearing a club tie and gave me the impression of someone of high ranking within their club.

We now have a unanimously voted Supporters Club committee member to represent Supporters Club members at board level so maybe we should get a reply from him, or at very least a Supporters Club committee member to tell us on this forum their version of what actually happened in the Supporters Club Office last Saturday and their view on the email document shown to them.
ThatRoundThing the Supporters Club Committee member on the board would know nothing about the statement as for the handing over of said email I`m sure if the committee were involved they would have been more discrete about it and ask for a meeting.
ARNU

Can't see why people don't just leave the bloke alone.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Can't see why people don't just leave the bloke alone.
Obviously never had the pleasure of dealing with him then.
ARNU

He was pleasant and sent me some comp tickets after an incident at the club for which they felt I had been wronged. I've written him a few times always polite not necessarily agreed with my points but I didn't have a hissy fit or start some vendetta against him. Life's to short.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Just remembered here is an extract from a interview with Dave Bennett on DiggerDagger.com on the 22/8/17

Steve Thompson sent an email to AFC Fylde and Maidstone, our next two away fixtures, telling them that the flags were banned at our ground and advising them not to let them be displayed at those games either."

So he does send email`s to other clubs asking/advising them not to allow things so what else has he sending ?

Will this link work http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandredbridge/index.asp
Last edited by Daggernewbie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ThatRoundThing

Daggernewbie wrote:

ThatRoundThing the Supporters Club Committee member on the board would know nothing about the statement as for the handing over of said email I`m sure if the committee were involved they would have been more discrete about it and ask for a meeting.
Daggernewbie, isn't that the point of electing someone from the Supporters Club committee who will be attending club board meetings. Someone who is capable of keeping up to date with latest offerings from both the club (Club Statement I meant, not the "email") and the Supporters Club?

The Club Statement says that Glynn attended the Supporters Club Office, were there no Supporters Club members on duty and present at the time? Apologies in advance if I have misread your reply.
NickMurphy

Mad how a couple of flags can produce this much hot air.
Mike the Dagger

This ^^^^
Daggernewbie wrote:Just remembered here is an extract from a interview with Dave Bennett on DiggerDagger.com on the 22/8/17

Steve Thompson sent an email to AFC Fylde and Maidstone, our next two away fixtures, telling them that the flags were banned at our ground and advising them not to let them be displayed at those games either."

So he does send email`s to other clubs asking/advising them not to allow things so what else has he sending ?

It was made clear that an email was sent to AFC Fylde and Maidstone. it was denied that a similar email was broadcast to all future opponents. See the original thread on this subject and the interview with Dave Bennett http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324634.
Daggernewbie

ThatRoundThing wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:

Daggernewbie, isn't that the point of electing someone from the Supporters Club committee who will be attending club board meetings. Someone who is capable of keeping up to date with latest offerings from both the club (Club Statement I meant, not the "email") and the Supporters Club?

The Club Statement says that Glynn attended the Supporters Club Office, were there no Supporters Club members on duty and present at the time? Apologies in advance if I have misread your reply.
As far as I know the issuing of club statements does not require a board meeting and I`m sure the our board member would have raised a concern about it and Russell ( chairman ) is always in the office during match days and would have been kept in the loop.
RampantDuke

Love him or hate him - Thompson is the marmite of the Daggers for sure. Did Donald Trump model his presidency on Steve Thompson's tenure at The Vic?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Daggernewbie

Mike the Dagger wrote:This ^^^^
Daggernewbie wrote:Just remembered here is an extract from a interview with Dave Bennett on DiggerDagger.com on the 22/8/17

So he does send email`s to other clubs asking/advising them not to allow things so what else is he sending ?

It was made clear that an email was sent to AFC Fylde and Maidstone. it was denied that a similar email was broadcast to all future opponents. See the original thread on this subject and the interview with Dave Bennett http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324634.
Alan

I’d ban all flags from football grounds.

Do I win £10?
steeevooo

Alan wrote:I’d ban all flags from football grounds.

Do I win £10?
No. You win an undisclosed amount ;)