Club Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:I notice that you never had the cuttersy to interview anybody from the Supporters Club before posting this rather one sided account.

At the very least I would have thought this would have been the correct thing to do.

People who are being attacked in this unbalanced account put a lot of time and effort into the running of the Club and for that fact alone I would have thought they at least had a chance to be heard.

Like you I am getting a tad fed up with this situation but I thought the best thing to do was not pick on a healing wound. Therefore I am a bit surprised that both you and the Club have decided on the actions that you have.

I appeal to everybody to start putting these issues aside and get behind the Management and team who are playing some of the best football we have seen on a number of seasons.
A healing wound? This was dead and buried up to Saturday when someone passed off a fake email to the guy that is investing his own money in the club.

In the other thread if I am reading it correct it says this wasn't done by the supporters club offocially but by members of the Supporters Club.

I'm here to publish anything they want to, but they also have their own website.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Daggernewbie

I have just been asked to post this statement

RESPONSE TO STATEMENT ON CLUB WEB SITE

Following the statement put on the club website on the 26th October 2017, on behalf of the Committee we would like to make the following observations.
2 members of the committee were present at the meeting on the 21st October at the request of our members to ensure nothing was misinterpreted or misunderstood. They were not representing or advising the members. It has always been the Supporters Club policy to help, where possible, any member who has an ongoing query or dispute that they cannot solve.
The committee members did not hand Mr. Hopkin a copy of anything. Mr. Hopkin can confirm this. The paper in question was handed over to Mr. Hopkin by the members in, we believe, good faith.
We fully understood the seriousness of the situation and therefore had not divulged any information.
We would like to add that the members in question had several meetings with Mr. Hopkin and Mr. Bennett. At no time was Mr. Payne’s name ever mentioned in any of the meetings attended by the committee or our members. As observers at these meeting we can state categorically that at all times these members handled themselves with the utmost respect and fully believed that the e-mail was genuine and given to them in good faith.
There has been discussion about this situation on various websites but again the committee have not spoken to or given any information to the people using these sites.
We would like our members to be assured that the Supporters Club is 100pct committed to helping the club in any way.
Daggernewbie

I`ve been asked to post this

RESPONSE TO STATEMENT ON CLUB WEB SITE

Following the statement put on the club website on the 26th October 2017, on behalf of the Committee we would like to make the following observations.
2 members of the committee were present at the meeting on the 21st October at the request of our members to ensure nothing was misinterpreted or misunderstood. They were not representing or advising the members. It has always been the Supporters Club policy to help, where possible, any member who has an ongoing query or dispute that they cannot solve.
The committee members did not hand Mr. Hopkin a copy of anything. Mr. Hopkin can confirm this. The paper in question was handed over to Mr. Hopkin by the members in, we believe, good faith.
We fully understood the seriousness of the situation and therefore had not divulged any information.
We would like to add that the members in question had several meetings with Mr. Hopkin and Mr. Bennett. At no time was Mr. Payne’s name ever mentioned in any of the meetings attended by the committee or our members. As observers at these meeting we can state categorically that at all times these members handled themselves with the utmost respect and fully believed that the e-mail was genuine and given to them in good faith.
There has been discussion about this situation on various websites but again the committee have not spoken to or given any information to the people using these sites.
We would like our members to be assured that the Supporters Club is 100pct committed to helping the club in any way.
Alan

Shouldn’t that statement be signed by somebody? ;)
ARNU

Can I ask a question ? I'm gôing to anyway even if auntie merge bans me for it again .LIGAF!!
Is all this drama because some of our supporters behaved like er... idiots at Eastleigh and over the issue of some no longer funny and pointless flags ? Is it really ? Or has something that actually matters happened ?

There is a serious point to my question as if I'm missing something I'd like to know what it is.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

I appreciate that this has been a vitriolic and heated discussion. Even I am shocked at some of the things posted.

It looks like those involved want to draw a line under the situation so in the best interest of everyone, this topic will be locked.