Anyone confident??? (H) Macclesfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Attack wise Morgan Ferrier was the difference in last nights battle with the league leaders, after putting their defence under constant attack from left flank first half thought Askey would bring a man tighter to him 2nd period but he didn't and we thankfully fully deserve this fine win, special mention to Doey he was magnificent and what a savior in so many 'awkward' times in our box when the Macc's almost got through. Crowd? a blow to be so low to witness hopefully our revival.
Diggerthedog

Finally we win a game and score a goal. We get in so many good positions but fail on the final ball and fail to shoot. Need a run now 3 or 4 wins to stay in touch with the pack above. Hopefully we can get a win at Maidenhead.
Pondfield Dagger

Pressing and work rate especially 2nd half was fantastic. Yep I thought too Macclesfield would have made a change down that left side Ferrer, constant menace. Last kick of game thought that was equaliser, great strike, and plenty of pace, straight down throat of our keeper either side he doesn't save it.
NBDag

Was a good performance and bloody good to actually score a goal again. Ferrier would score loads for us if he learns when to keep it simple and when to try and beat that extra man. Whitely isn’t playing awful, but he really isn’t near his best. I’d like to see Fey come in for him on Saturday just to see if it’ll give him a kick up the arse.
Credit to the defence last night, Macclesfield passed the ball about really well in the first half and when they’ve cut us open we’ve done really well to recover. Robson was stand out for me.
Keep the same line up going into Saturday with maybe Romain or Fey in for Whitely, and although Adams was far from awful last night, Robinson is simply better and I’d rather see him play. YFD.
dagger4eva

I thought Macclesfield looked really lively during the 1st half – opened us up a few times with some very slick passing, although I still think we held our own and the defence made some top drawer last ditch tackles and blocks to keep us in it.

2nd half was literally all us… other than a chance in the dying seconds.

I thought our work rate was quite literally second to none – didn’t give Macc a second on the ball each time they were in possession – took our goal extremely well and without doubt deserved the win. The only thing I would say about the goal is that their GK seemed VERY slow in deciding whether to come for the ball or not. If he had set off as soon as the through ball was played he would’ve got their 1st easily.

Table today looks a lot better (5 points off top) than it could’ve been had we lost (11)
Gonna be far from easy but could really do with following last night up with 3 points against Maidenhead.
Mark

We probably need to win either Saturday or at Tranmere. Despite their position I think the latter will be tough for us, don't have any stats to back it up but always feel we struggle in front of large hostile crowds.
Chigwellian

Mark wrote:We probably need to win either Saturday or at Tranmere. Despite their position I think the latter will be tough for us, don't have any stats to back it up but always feel we struggle in front of large hostile crowds.
Like Fylde and Solihull lol
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote:We probably need to win either Saturday or at Tranmere. Despite their position I think the latter will be tough for us, don't have any stats to back it up but always feel we struggle in front of large hostile crowds.
Won 2-0 up there last season, will be a much smaller crowd this time around with them struggling.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Met the Maidenhead team at Clackets Lane services last night on the way back from Bromley.

They all seem to like a burger and do you know what the most enlightening thing I heard. " We going to be here long I have to be up for work in the morning"

There should not be any excuses Saturday