Anyone confident??? (H) Macclesfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ayrisdagger

Ive been saying to my Girlfriend, my Dad and my Mum going on about tonight. Non stop, infact! I think we'll just about scrape a win or we will be dominated the whole game and lose 3 or 4 -0. I really liked the look of our shape after Kevin Lokko got sent off and I think we should give the ucupartnership of Luke Howell and Andre Boucaud a go, would really love to see this work.
1-0 Daggers
Cheek
Att: 1398
dagger4eva

The performances against Solihull, Torquay and Aldershot were clearly below par - yet we managed to somehow nick 5 points.

We were much, much improved against both Woking and Wrexham and yet managed Nil Poi!

Something I would like to think has to give in terms of getting a decision in our favour or a rub of the green in front of goal so perhaps tonight will be that night.

Daggers 2
Macc 1
Diggerthedog

One thing is for sure if we lose tonight you can say goodbye to the title.

0-0 poor crowd.
Mark

If we lose we're 11 points off the pace which is as good as done even at this early stage.

They've won 6 on the bounce in all competitions but have limped to some of those away from home. I expect them to be irritating and disrupt us at every chance.

Jalal should be out for them due to taking a blow to the head in the last game but maybe they'll risk him.

We need a big performance and a win. I think we'll draw.
ARNU

Can't see us winning this one let alone the league. We can't defend and Corey's gone awol lately. It is nice to watch us compete so I don't think going up is a priority. This team wouldn't have beaten Wayne's and would be relegated immediately.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

playing the league leaders, 3 points clear, 5 win run...they must be sh*t hot, that or its a poor league.. knowing us we will probably beat them

EDIT: just seen the line up, looks decent, 3-1 daggers i predict!
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBDag

Well over here in the real world, I think we stand a fair chance of playing well and winning if we play 4 at the back, which it looks like we are and have the same attitude as Wrexham
Phippo

Due a win and think we will get it!
Mark

They're just grinding out results. Not doing anything special. This year's Tranmere but there isn't a Lincoln in the division. But you need to score to win games.
ARNU

Nice little win. Played well. What has Luke Howell got to do to get motm ?? Two games on the trot played his heart out. Corey still off his game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BarkingRambo

Nice win. Played well but would have liked to have seen us challenge their keeper more. Good to see Ferrier finally get another goal, recently he’s done everything but score. Hopefully the result to change our recent bad fortunes.
RM1Dagger

I think Luke Howell played well as did many but Ferrier a constant thorn in their side and got the goal he warranted, so he was MoTM for me.

A good performance and I thought we contained them pretty comfortably although at 1-0 there's always a chance for the oppo and Wrexham scored out of nothing. A mention for Howells who got in a couple of notable clearances from corners..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Richie

Ferrier was the only real threat from either team, he was the obvious choice for MOTM.

Doe & Robson were both solid. Why we'd play anywhere else there is a mystery to me.
stanton101

Hopefully that's us turned the corner and we can get a good run going again.
Morgan deserved his goal tonight, and special praise goes out to Luke Howell, two decent performances on the trot.
As mentioned we're a lot more solid at the back with Robson and Doey.
This leagues there for the taking.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:Hopefully that's us turned the corner and we can get a good run going again.
Morgan deserved his goal tonight, and special praise goes out to Luke Howell, two decent performances on the trot.
As mentioned we're a lot more solid at the back with Robson and Doey.
This leagues there for the taking.
Theee actually ,did not do nothing wrong against Woking but for some reason found himself dropped.

His been here five seasons now and I can count on one hand the stinkers he has had. Never brilliant but very seldom poor he has to be one of the most consistant players we have had in the past decade. Sadly injuries have restricted him but he has what John Still always says you need to want to be a Dagger to suceed here and he has that desire.

Another good team performance tonight , they were a good side that we have made to look ordinary. They lacked up top what we have in spades a goal threat imo and that was the difference.

Last year at home we chucked away a win in injury time and then went on a dreadfull run , hopefully tonight we have got a result that may mean we have turned a corner result wise.