Wrexham & Macclesfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

I knows it's early in the season to be talking about six pointers, but our next two games are massive!!

Win them both...and we are back challenging.... Lose both and an Orientesque plunge awaits!!
Indeed we could even be overtaken by the likes of Tranmere, currently 8 places and 4 points below us!
DevonDagger

Strange really as I thought the Tranmere boss was going to be toast with the start to the season they had. Credit to them for showing a bit of loyalty to him, however one wonders if one or two teams had pressed on at the start of the season perhaps they would have made a change.

As it turns out nobody has, and as Jeff points out they're virtually on our tails already and we have two tough looking games now.

Likewise with us though, even if we lost both - it goes to show that even then we wouldn't be out of it. One might have thought Tranmere had a mighty task but for me they've still got to be top 3 favourites to win it. I know we all keep an eye on the table but honestly it's hardly worth looking at until the turn of the year.
stanton101

4-4-2 with cheeks up front and we'll be fine. Play five at the back again and we're there for the taking.
It just doesn't work. We should have been buried in the first half at orient, but when we went with two up top we were much better. It's a gamble with cheeks coming back whether to start him from the off, but imho we should go with it. He's what's been missing.
Richie

stanton101 wrote:4-4-2 with cheeks up front and we'll be fine. Play five at the back again and we're there for the taking.
It just doesn't work. We should have been buried in the first half at orient, but when we went with two up top we were much better. It's a gamble with cheeks coming back whether to start him from the off, but imho we should go with it. He's what's been missing.
It's Cheek ffs.
Diggerthedog

Two massive games as previously mentioned.

Cheek coming back gives us a target and someone who can hit the Target. Wrexham score very few goals but are tight at the back. A win will do wonders for our confidence and put a dent on their good start.

2-1 to us Cheek and Robson. 1,457 (260 away)
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Game set to be played in nasty conditions which won't help. This is going to be tough and I expect not very entertaining.

If I ever had to bet on a one goal game this is it, just a matter of who gets it.

Any bookmaker offering a spread of how many times We fall over ?
Adrian

Well that was as undeserved a loss as I think I've ever seen.

No complaints with the sending off but outside of that, the officials were yet another set of pathetically weak idiots that shouldn't be allowed near a football match at this level.

The referee allowing Pearson to continually moan and try to intimidate one of his assistants was ridiculous.
How the assistant didn't see their keeper handle the ball outside of his area is beyond me.

The referees timekeeping was shocking. 1 minute added in the first half even though the sending off took more than that and he signalled that he was stopping his watch for timewasting at one point.
Then in the second half finds 3 minutes despite their being no stoppages for injuries at all.
Diggerthedog

Was it offside when Bloomfield scored? Was being man marked.
Alan

Interesting to see if either of the “offside” goals were offside.

No complaints about the red card, a dreadful challenge by Lokko, but how they missed the keeper handling it outside his area is beyond belief.

Cheek was excellent. We have to keep Robson out of midfield and keep him in the centre of defence
NBDag

How we have lost that is beyond me. Every single player- bar Lokko- was superb. Howell was by far my MOTM and it’s good to see Whitely playing with confidence again. We were actually better with 10 men and I’d find it hard to believe we drew against them, let alone lost.

Although it’s hard to argue with the red, the ref was utter shit. Only thing he is fit to officiate is Bake Off the fat prick. Was completely inconsistent with his bookings and it seemed pretty convincing that the keeper handled the ball and should have gone. For the sake of being pissed off im assuming Bloomfield was also onside.

Lokko suspended could be a blessing. Go back to a 4-2-3-1 and play with the same attitude as today and we’ll take Macclesfield apart on Tuesday.
Adrian

The keeper handling wouldn't have been a sending off.
NBDag

I have seen keepers run out the box with the ball in their hands like that and get sent off.
Adrian

Then the referees were wrong.
It is not a sending off offence.
DagenHammer87

We were sat bang in line with the by line for when the Bloomfield goal went in.

May be wrong, but I strongly (strongly) believe that he was onside and it was an incorrect decision.

Wrexham offered next to nothing for so much of the game. We regularly had 2 at the back and only putting pressure on ourselves with stupid backpasses and slipped clearances in that second half.

I'm sorry John, the substitution was 10 minutes too late when we really needed fresh injections of pace and power. I know Cheek is on the comeback trail and needed a rest, but personally Ferrier should have been replaced.

Doe or Boucard MOTM for me.

The game was a definition of smash and grab. Not good enough but not our worst performance or result.
Mark

They didn't seem very interested in attacking against ten and thought we were the better side again. We desperately need a bit of fortune, a lucky one to go in or a bad refereeing call in our favour as we are getting absolutely nil at the moment.

Cousins was excellent as were Robson and Doe. Own goal was very unfortunate.

I can see why the ref has issued a red but think their reaction helped a lot. Player rolled around and Kelly ran 20 yards to scream for red. As soon as he got the card out the player jumped up. Go back to Woking and their guy stays on for a worse one and then scores the winner. I'm looking forward to it evening itself out...