Wrexham & Macclesfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Boucaud man of the match? Granted, he was good second half, but first half he was absolutely dire.
Mark

Boucs had a bad first half have to agree. Actually liked Robson a lot in midfield until the red, he wins the first ball in the air more than any midfielder we have, he intercepts and he can pass well too. Shame we can't clone him really.
Alan

I like Robinson in midfield and Robson at centre half.
DI Mike Dashwood

Always interesting how people see things differently isn't it.

Some saying the sub should have been earlier and that Morgan should have been the one to come off, but you could argue it worked spot on as we then got what looked like the winner, set up by Morgan!!!

Likewise some thought Cheek was excellent, I actually thought he drifted in and out of the game in the second half. As I say, interesting how people view things differently.

What I am sure everyone will agree on is that we were a little unlucky to say the least!! I thought for effort and endeavour and energy we were superb and deserved at least a point.

However, it is another loss and another game without a goal. I would be interested to see the stats, but it seems often under Stilly we have a ropey October and/or November, and that is proving to be the case again (I await to be shouted down and provided with evidence to the contrary)!!!
ARNU

Chris lewington was sent off v Cheltenham for handling outside the box a few seasons back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

A goalkeeper being sent off in the past for something that wasn't exactly the same doesn't make what their keeper did yesterday a sending off.
It was not a sending off offence.
Alan

It could be though if he handled it and thereby prevented a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity, couldn’t it?
ARNU

So yesterday the ref just let it go anyway, didn't even acknowledge the infringement, the Lino was scratching his arse so didn't see it either. Lewy got sent off twice for the same thing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

Alan wrote:It could be though if he handled it and thereby prevented a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity, couldn’t it?
Yes, but that wasn't the case yesterday.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:So yesterday the ref just let it go anyway, didn't even acknowledge the infringement, the Lino was scratching his arse so didn't see it either. Lewy got sent off twice for the same thing.
The ref was looking at the linesman to see if there was anything.
Lewington wasnt sent off twice for catching the mall in his area and then carrying it out.
Alan

Adrian wrote:
Alan wrote:It could be though if he handled it and thereby prevented a goal or obvious goal scoring opportunity, couldn’t it?
Open to interpretation. If he picked it up when a daggers player would have beaten the last defender to the ball, you could argue that it was a clear goal scoring opportunity, on basis that you can’t put the keeper in the position he would have been in if he had not committed the offence. I didn’t think red at the time, I thought yellow and free kick.
Adrian

Alan wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Open to interpretation. If he picked it up when a daggers player would have beaten the last defender to the ball, you could argue that it was a clear goal scoring opportunity, on basis that you can’t put the keeper in the position he would have been in if he had not committed the offence. I didn’t think red at the time, I thought yellow and free kick.
He handled it in his own area and then carried it out.
The moment he takes possession then there can't be a an obvious goal scoring opportunity any more.

If he's not in the area when he first handles the it's different.