Rovers Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:A few thoughts from the highlights:
The ball is moving when they take the corner for their goal
Azeez could have had a penalty when he is tripped by their players trailing leg after turning him
Our first comes from a corner put straight in on the edge of the six yard box towards the middle of the goal - maybe we could do that often instead of the silly short corners that come to nothing?
The second goal, and a good chance for Norris before that both came from long balls forward.
Yes, the second goal came a from a long ball, but the original flick on was made by the same Azeez you called poor in the air
I said he was poor for a player of his size. For someone of his size he should win more in the air than he does. In previous games he won very little in the air. I'm not sure that winning a couple of headers in one game means he isn't poor.

Funny one this as I have thought he was generally poor all round apart from being a good outlet for winning a couple of headers... interesting how people see things differently... yesterday has convinced me more that he is no wide attacker/ winger
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:A few thoughts from the highlights:
The ball is moving when they take the corner for their goal
Azeez could have had a penalty when he is tripped by their players trailing leg after turning him
Our first comes from a corner put straight in on the edge of the six yard box towards the middle of the goal - maybe we could do that often instead of the silly short corners that come to nothing?
The second goal, and a good chance for Norris before that both came from long balls forward.
Yes, the second goal came a from a long ball, but the original flick on was made by the same Azeez you called poor in the air
I said he was poor for a player of his size. For someone of his size he should win more in the air than he does. In previous games he won very little in the air. I'm not sure that winning a couple of headers in one game means he isn't poor.
But I must be blind then, because he's the only forward player in our squad that can time his jump and win a flick on. He's playing out of position as well, I've been pretty pleased with him so far, much more so than Dickson. BAR the miss and just falling over in the box of course.
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote: But I must be blind then, because he's the only forward player in our squad that can time his jump and win a flick on. He's playing out of position as well, I've been pretty pleased with him so far, much more so than Dickson. BAR the miss and just falling over in the box of course.
I think you imagined this heading. I was food was a couple of games with him having loads of balls towards him right in front of me and he hardly won any of them. Those he did win were poorly timed and went no where.
I'm not sure what playing out of position has to do with flicking the ball on.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
matt_drfc wrote: But I must be blind then, because he's the only forward player in our squad that can time his jump and win a flick on. He's playing out of position as well, I've been pretty pleased with him so far, much more so than Dickson. BAR the miss and just falling over in the box of course.
I think you imagined this heading. I was food was a couple of games with him having loads of balls towards him right in front of me and he hardly won any of them. Those he did win were poorly timed and went no where.
Didn't say it did to be honest, made 2 separate points, both points then summed up by me being pleased with him. Didn't imagine this heading anyway, watch him a bit closer on Saturday yeah?
ARNU

I think his 1st game for us was most forgettable,but from what Ive seen since then he can head the ball.Every hoof lewy did v Mansfield he got his head on,sadly nobody was there to pick it up.I thought he held the ball up well too.

Last night he took both his goals well,especially the 2nd.Good luck to the guy,takes a while to settle in,hope he does it again Saturday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Didn't say it did to be honest, made 2 separate points, both points then summed up by me being pleased with him. Didn't imagine this heading anyway, watch him a bit closer on Saturday yeah?
He's been right in front of me on several occasions. His heading was poor and he won very few flick ons. Those he did win went nowhere. There were other people around me that commented on how little he won.
Mikins

So the kids taken a game or two to get running. No big surprise there, if a striker was that good he wouldn't be on loan to us anyway ^_^ I'm just glad for the first time in as long as I can remember we've loaned in two strikers and both of them know how to find the back of the net!
Sorry about your damn luck!