Rovers Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

HogansHeros wrote:Get in!!!! Chris - how did we do?
We beat a very poor side .

The game was won and lost in both penalty areas.

We started off very poorly gifted them a goal from a needless corner conceaded by Gavin Hoyte who was shocking first half. The corner is taken short and quick and put on the head of one of the two players totally unmarked in our area. We were not even looking.

We are told by the Manager they work on these situations in training. Plainly obvious somebody is not listening or he must be speaking a different language.

At that point we were not even in the game and Bristol Rovers could have been out of sight.

Our defence got slightly better more so when Scott Doe came of the bench to replace Luke Wilkinson who did not have his finest hour. Why we made another change to our starting line up in the defence lord only knows we looked complete Strangers.

ALL the time Bristol Rovers were getting worse. Norris and Azeez had very good games but I would defy any Striker worth his salt not to fancy their chances against that lot. Time and again they found it so easy to shrug of their marker and get shots away. You know its party time when Dicko comes off the bench and finds it just as easy. We should have filled our boots.

Abu Ogogo and Luke Howells worked their socks off. Luke is obviously not 100% fit but in my opinion put in a great shift. Our passing out from the back left a lot to be desired. At times the only ball Luke and Abs got was what they won. Some of the service they were getting from their team mates was beyond hospital and was nearer Funeral Parlour ball.

As I said it was won In both Penalty Areas . We took our chances they did not. Our defending at times was horrific theirs was simply appalling throughout.

Special word for Chris Lewington. Took guts tonight after Saturday. Looked assured throughout and made four good saves.

Good result but we did not have to be anywhere near our best to win it, which was just as well.
matt_drfc

Hats off to the people that went last night. Glad you were rewarded with a win :)
DI Mike Dashwood

Now I have probably missed something, so await to be told to read the official site or something, but what's score with Murphy and
Hines at moment?? I heard Hines and a personal situation/matter the other week against Mansfield, is this still going on?? And while some may argue Murphy has been anonymous since January, has he now vanished totally??

Oh and fair play to the 72 who travelled last night. Regretably I can't get away with the midweek ones anymore for various reasons, but nothing like an away win on a Tuesday after a long journey, so hope all those hardy souls enjoyed the three points.

Fixtures look "ok" for the next couple of weeks, so lets see where we go. I think 1 more win and a couple of draws will at least enable us not to be looking over our shoulders as we go into April!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Now I have probably missed something, so await to be told to read the official site or something, but what's score with Murphy and
Hines at moment?? I heard Hines and a personal situation/matter the other week against Mansfield, is this still going on?? And while some may argue Murphy has been anonymous since January, has he now vanished totally??

Oh and fair play to the 72 who travelled last night. Regretably I can't get away with the midweek ones anymore for various reasons, but nothing like an away win on a Tuesday after a long journey, so hope all those hardy souls enjoyed the three points.

Fixtures look "ok" for the next couple of weeks, so lets see where we go. I think 1 more win and a couple of draws will at least enable us not to be looking over our shoulders as we go into April!!
Hines picked up an injury against Cambridge last week. That is why we were able to act with Chambers so quickly.

Murphy has been carrying a groln for a few weeks and has been resting it.

The one that appears to have fallen off the Earth is Oberfemi whats happened to him ?
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin

Great result..!! C'mon you Daggers! :D
Mike the Dagger

Plymouth Argyle highlights are up on the Daggers Youtube channel apparently.... :shock:

"Youtube Highlights vs. Plymouth Argyle 19 mins ago"
Richie

Mike the Dagger wrote:Plymouth Argyle highlights are up on the Daggers Youtube channel apparently.... :shock:

"Youtube Highlights vs. Plymouth Argyle 19 mins ago"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ydiVhqRoAg
Daggers No 2 Fan

A few thoughts from the highlights:
The ball is moving when they take the corner for their goal
Azeez could have had a penalty when he is tripped by their players trailing leg after turning him
Our first comes from a corner put straight in on the edge of the six yard box towards the middle of the goal - maybe we could do that often instead of the silly short corners that come to nothing?
The second goal, and a good chance for Norris before that both came from long balls forward.
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Now I have probably missed something, so await to be told to read the official site or something, but what's score with Murphy and

Burnett explained on Daggers Player, Murphy hasn't got a treatable injury, just needs lots of rest. Zav is ahead of schedule and could possibly be back in 2-3 weeks.
Lcbdagger

Any game where sky sports describe us as a 'slick attacking team' and call the previously underwhelming Azeez a 'skillful attacker' then we are doing ok.

Especially after dropping the late lead in the previous game...
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:A few thoughts from the highlights:
Azeez could have had a penalty when he is tripped by their players trailing leg after turning him
Our first comes from a corner put straight in on the edge of the six yard box towards the middle of the goal - maybe we could do that often instead of the silly short corners that come to nothing?
The second goal, and a good chance for Norris before that both came from long balls forward.
Yes, the second goal came a from a long ball, but the original flick on was made by the same Azeez you called poor in the air
Chigwellian

matt_drfc wrote:

Burnett explained on Daggers Player, Murphy hasn't got a treatable injury, just needs lots of rest. Zav is ahead of schedule and could possibly be back in 2-3 weeks.
Hopefully Murphy's rest period will take him to May...... Oh silly me, that's the end of the season ;)
matt_drfc

Chigwellian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Hopefully Murphy's rest period will take him to May...... Oh silly me, that's the end of the season ;)
Haha, Burnett actually said something along the lines of his rest would be till the end of the season to let him fully recover, but it's not possible obviously
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:A few thoughts from the highlights:
Yes, the second goal came a from a long ball, but the original flick on was made by the same Azeez you called poor in the air
I said he was poor for a player of his size. For someone of his size he should win more in the air than he does. In previous games he won very little in the air. I'm not sure that winning a couple of headers in one game means he isn't poor.
Ilford Dagger

An excellent result especially coming from behind & showing a bit of character, a couple more wins & we should be nearly safe. I wonder how many points will guarantee safety this year? 54 at a guess.