3G pitches back on the agenda will we install one in 2019.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggernewbie

If accepted by the EFL will Dagenham go the same route and install one.There are a lot of pro`s and con`s for them so we have wait and see what the vote is.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... 5N-vOmmLjw
Mark

If the football league say yes I'm not sure what choice we'd have. They can provide a sustainable income that we'd lack versus our competitors.

Still hate them though.
TommyD&R

I'm sure the quality of the 3G pitches will get even better if it gets the nod. I don't really like them but it'll be good for clubs like us
lupins

The only pro is the income generation they can garner

Other than that the game just isn't the same on them and I for one hope the vote is against

Mind you with tackling gradually disappearing, diving prevalent, money talks eg the latest Premier League top 6 plans for overseas rights, the lack of English players in the premier league and the adverse affect on the national team, the days of the one club man long gone, the lack of English managers in the top flight though several sub standard overseas ones, club ownership issues etc etc you could already say its not the game it was so it will most likely happen

Even at our level its no longer the good of the game but the greed of the game
Diggerthedog

Will it get hired out? Doubt the close local population can afford it.
Alan

Football on 3G is a different game. The ball behaves differently, it stresses the joints more and you need different equipment (boots).

But on top of that there are emerging studies showing lung damage caused by microscopic rubber particles from the pitches, which I think will become a health scandal within a decade.

I'd be very disappointed if we got one.
Mark

On a related note I'm amazed Hines can play for a team on plastic. His knee must have had a top job done on it.
Amber SUFC

Mark wrote:On a related note I'm amazed Hines can play for a team on plastic. His knee must have had a top job done on it.
Or 3G is a superb surface for injury prone footballers ;)
lupins

And for those who don't like being tackled or much physical contact. Whereas if you are a physical player, tall, with not the best touch then you will hate it like any team not used to having the massive advantage of playing on it every week
Penfold

3G pitches can’t be used above our current league yet it’s allowed on an international level?
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
SUSSEX DAGGER

Penfold wrote:3G pitches can’t be used above our current league yet it’s allowed on an international level?

FIFA allowm them
UEFA allow them
The F A allow them

Football league don't. Will just be. A case of when the votes add up that they will be allowed in a competition were such rules are made by Member Clibs