Aldershot..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

Finally home from the match, the number of road closures they do at night must have increased my journey by 25% tonight!

Once again I'm reassured to see that I at least watched the same game as everyone else generally speaking.
I think Sussex makes a point that I'm probably in agreement with on Boucs, I was getting a bit frustrated with him this evening too. When we were making a change I was somewhat hoping to see Adams play alongside Robinson (who seemed to know he was about to come off- hopefully not injured?).

I feel like we must have gone different setup today. Today's lineup from Saturday was to replace our centre forward, Bloomfield, with a central defender - Lokko. Plus a straight swap in Fej for Howells. I guess the intention was Robson in front of the back 4 and Ferrier up top? Which brings me to the feeling that we played a heck of a lot of high balls, and I didn't really see it working at any point. Ferrier and Okenabirhie don't ever look like winning a header.
After we scored our first and got the ball on the floor, we looked far more likely to get the winner.

Defence is much better, but we can't seem to both score and not concede. It feels like neither or both are the choices! Cousins wasn't tested, but thinking about it, Ling's goal was possibly our only shot on target?

Can't comment a great deal on the red card until I see it back, initially I thought it looked a strong tackle but was a bit surprised to see a red at the time.
Which on the subject of the ref. Not great in my opinion. Twice we were given free kicks against us for THEIR players lying on top of the ball, he was also another ref I've seen constantly reminding opposition to stop time wasting, to no avail, but not actually do anything about it.
More in our favour, I thought from albeit 60 yards away Lingy looked lucky not to get a second yellow for a mistimed challenge? Plus Lokko's booking didn't look terribly different to their sending off. Though I think he may have been saved if he didn't make contact, which is a possibility.

All-in-all, will take a point. Still a lot to work on and we face another tough away fixture on Saturday, Woking, which I'll be hoping to go to also.
Daggernewbie

DevonDagger wrote:Finally home from the match, the number of road closures they do at night must have increased my journey by 25% tonight!

Once again I'm reassured to see that I at least watched the same game as everyone else generally speaking.
I think Sussex makes a point that I'm probably in agreement with on Boucs, I was getting a bit frustrated with him this evening too. When we were making a change I was somewhat hoping to see Adams play alongside Robinson (who seemed to know he was about to come off- hopefully not injured?).

I feel like we must have gone different setup today. Today's lineup from Saturday was to replace our centre forward, Bloomfield, with a central defender - Lokko. Plus a straight swap in Fej for Howells. I guess the intention was Robson in front of the back 4 and Ferrier up top? Which brings me to the feeling that we played a heck of a lot of high balls, and I didn't really see it working at any point. Ferrier and Okenabirhie don't ever look like winning a header.
After we scored our first and got the ball on the floor, we looked far more likely to get the winner.

Defence is much better, but we can't seem to both score and not concede. It feels like neither or both are the choices! Cousins wasn't tested, but thinking about it, Ling's goal was possibly our only shot on target?

Can't comment a great deal on the red card until I see it back, initially I thought it looked a strong tackle but was a bit surprised to see a red at the time.
Which on the subject of the ref. Not great in my opinion. Twice we were given free kicks against us for THEIR players lying on top of the ball, he was also another ref I've seen constantly reminding opposition to stop time wasting, to no avail, but not actually do anything about it.
More in our favour, I thought from albeit 60 yards away Lingy looked lucky not to get a second yellow for a mistimed challenge? Plus Lokko's booking didn't look terribly different to their sending off. Though I think he may have been saved if he didn't make contact, which is a possibility.

All-in-all, will take a point. Still a lot to work on and we face another tough away fixture on Saturday, Woking, which I'll be hoping to go to also.
Simmo got a great picture of the tackle hopefully if he reads this he`ll post a picture of it and you see clearly it was a straight red.
Mark

Fej must've been thinking the worst after what happened to him last season. Lucky.

Anyone know how long Kandi is out?
stanton101

That's a season finisher, both feet off the floor.
He can have no complaints.
Pondfield Dagger

Cheek, Pennell, both are decent. Where are they?

also where was jake howells yesterday? i like him, niggly player reminds me of thurgood.

Having just 3 attacking players in yesterdays line up, not right that.
Richie

Too many players out of position.

Rather than play Romain/White/Bloomfield we had Ferrier, Robinson and Robson all out of position and it showed.

Neither team were great, draw was maybe fair.
DevonDagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:Cheek, Pennell, both are decent. Where are they?

also where was jake howells yesterday? i like him, niggly player reminds me of thurgood.

Having just 3 attacking players in yesterdays line up, not right that.
Jake came on as a sub yesterday. Many media outlets are regularly getting him confused with Luke Howell. It occurred with the last minute goal at Solihull too, with Luke creditted in several places for a goal while sat in the stands watching! If you saw his name on the sheet, it was actually likely to be Howells!

Having seen that picture, looks very damning and indeed a red card correct decision.