Hawkins

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

......has scored for Pompey!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

Good on him...gets a start for them but on the bench for us. Go figure...
Now the SE27 Dagger
lupins

Because the Manager knew he would leave so started with his likely combinations for when that situation arose.
Pretty sensible really
SUSSEX DAGGER

Even a busted watch tell the right time twice a day .

That said last Saturday was the first time we could have done with him Saturday since he left.
Auntie Merge

Always good to see former players on the score sheet... unless they are playing against us.
I hope he does exceptionally well as I'm sure there will be a sell-on clause somewhere.
RM1Dagger

lupins wrote:Because the Manager knew he would leave so started with his likely combinations for when that situation arose.
Pretty sensible really
Possibly, but he was justifiably behind Ferrier and Cheek so wouldn't of got in anyway but gets a start for a league two team..Like I said go figure..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Auntie Merge

RM1Dagger wrote:
lupins wrote:Because the Manager knew he would leave so started with his likely combinations for when that situation arose.
Pretty sensible really
Possibly, but he was justifiably behind Ferrier and Cheek so wouldn't of got in anyway but gets a start for a league two team..Like I said go figure..
I figure that JS knew he had a value and didn't want him to get injured and wanted to build the team without him. From memory this has happened with other players too.
Mark

May be an element of that but does anyone really think Hawkins is a better player than Cheek or Ferrier?
Alan

Mark wrote:May be an element of that but does anyone really think Hawkins is a better player than Cheek or Ferrier?
Not me. I predict he'll be on loan at Eastleigh within a year.
BarkingRambo

Looking at the Pompey forums a lot of fans are already annoyed with him. They feel he isn't good enough for the club or any club looking at some of the comments, although they also say he waits for a good cross to come to him rather than actually doing anything which doesn't match how he was under Still so might be down to their manager. Hopefully this goal turns things around for him but if fans are anything to go by he wont be starting too many more games for them.
Sagres

No way is he good enough for League 1 -

You can forget about the sell on clause he will be out on loan within a year.
Alan

I actually think that's no different from much of the criticism he got from his detractors here: i.e. That he stood around waiting for the ball rather than being mobile and working the defence in the way Benno did when he replaced him last season. At conference level he got a lot of chances, but he missed a hell of a lot. Moving up to league 1 he won't get as many chances and I think he will struggle - hope he doesn't, as I'm sure he's a nice bloke and I'd quite like some sell on money!
Richie

Mark wrote:May be an element of that but does anyone really think Hawkins is a better player than Cheek or Ferrier?
I wasn't hugely impressed by Cheek to start with, but was good against Bromley I think it was. And we've definitely looked worse since he's been injured.