Solihull Moors..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Injuries seem to be mounting up?
SUSSEX DAGGER

From the moment Bloomfield scored we were simply dreadfull. My MOM was Romain And he was a sub.

The only other ones who I think gave a performance were Jake Howells and the Goalkeeper, the rest all turned in performances that were far removed from
What we seen this year.

Ok the pitch was shocking with. A very unpredictable bounce and probably why we reverted to going direct instead of the way we have.been getting at teams this year. We were out battled out muscled everywhere and Solihull were not pretty but did not deserve that at the end if I am honest.

An underserved point gained but in reality two points dropped because we should be putting poor teams Like these away , granted they worked hard but they I know we'd are in a totally different league to them on our day.
Dagdale

Getting the first and early goal you'd think we'd be in control and in the driving seat but fair play to the Moors they struck two decently made goals before the break and had the daggers looking really slump and just not in it, then second half with us having to up the tempo which to be fair we did give it a decent go their defending was top notch especially those two giant lumps of defenders (4 & 26) we just couldn't beat em and behold the only way we done it seconds from end was a well swerved Jake Howells straight from the corner spot straight into the net, well done my son, seconds later referee blows game up and behold we've sneaked a point, but today we were truthfully below par. Must improve for Torquay United.
DevonDagger

Can only echo the posts above me. Wasn't a good performance.
Solihull work hard but we didn't exactly make it very difficult for them to defend. Plus particularly in the first half when Solihull attacked, they looked threatening, especially down our right side (yes, right and not left - believe it or not!). When Lokko fouled their player and got booked from my view I thought they'd been given a penalty.

We scored quickly so I'm not sure we ever got going today. Second half was better but I just felt the whole time the majority of our play was hopeful balls without any real plan or purpose.

- Robson had his first iffy game I've witnessed - though with iffy moments also came one or two crucial interceptions too.
- Even before his equaliser, Howells was my motm, Romain probably second despite being a sub. He battles very hard.
- Ferrier certainly a total off day.
- Not sure why Kandi didn't feature even on the bench?
- Bloomfield took his goal well but minimal service thereafter

I said before the game Solihull might be near bottom but rarely get tonked and it proved to be the case.

Did anyone witness what occurred after the game with John Still? I heard Stilly react angrily to a fan (ours or theirs, I do not know) who had obviously said something to him. The bloke tried to walk away and Stilly quite literally went after him right into the car park outside looking to confront the bloke. Strange scenes really.

And for a topic that I'm sure this will inevitably (rightly or wrongly) cause some grief at some stage.. I notice we have a new flag.
IanC

Said on commentary that Kandi had strained his back a bit in training.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DevonDagger wrote:Can only echo the posts above me. Wasn't a good performance.
Solihull work hard but we didn't exactly make it very difficult for them to defend. Plus particularly in the first half when Solihull attacked, they looked threatening, especially down our right side (yes, right and not left - believe it or not!). When Lokko fouled their player and got booked from my view I thought they'd been given a penalty.

We scored quickly so I'm not sure we ever got going today. Second half was better but I just felt the whole time the majority of our play was hopeful balls without any real plan or purpose.

- Robson had his first iffy game I've witnessed - though with iffy moments also came one or two crucial interceptions too.
- Even before his equaliser, Howells was my motm, Romain probably second despite being a sub. He battles very hard.
- Ferrier certainly a total off day.
- Not sure why Kandi didn't feature even on the bench?
- Bloomfield took his goal well but minimal service thereafter

I said before the game Solihull might be near bottom but rarely get tonked and it proved to be the case.

Did anyone witness what occurred after the game with John Still? I heard Stilly react angrily to a fan (ours or theirs, I do not know) who had obviously said something to him. The bloke tried to walk away and Stilly quite literally went after him right into the car park outside looking to confront the bloke. Strange scenes really.

And for a topic that I'm sure this will inevitably (rightly or wrongly) cause some grief at some stage.. I notice we have a new flag.
I can'me across this melt on the way out . He was hurling abuse at John as he was leaving the pitch after the after match huddle. Before John got there I told the bloke myself to cut it out but he then tried to approach John.
The boss did react in the manner you describe but that is a secondary issue to me.
This bloke was just a mouth but he could easily have been some lunatic with other intentions and it is unacceptable to me that John was exposed to this risk as I think he has a right to be protected from
Such situations.

It will not have gone unnoticed that us Daggers were body searched and scanned on entry to the ground , a strange excessessive practice when once inside there was no segregation. That is just another example of the damage that has been done by the Muppets who have caused issues at away games, where they got the information from the this over the top security was needed I can only guess but it looks like we are all being painted with the same brush and as a result loyal decent fans are being subjected to this intrusion.

When they go to such lengths it should reasonably be expected that our Mananager, Players and Staff should not be put at risk and the lack of Security. In and around the entrance/pitch area was totally unacceptable .
NBDag

Was it a dagenham fan giving it to Still?

As for the scans I’m pretty sure they did this to us last year, but even if not, it’s not painting us all with the same brush. If they think a small group of us could be carrying something they have to search everyone to make sure they find them.
summk55

I was stood next to John Still when this happened.

The chap in question started shouting at John your all f#@king mouth go on say it again go on say it again.

John then approached the bloke who started walking towards the exit.

John followed the bloke asking him to explain his rant.

I then told Darren Currie to follow John to make sure he was supported.

Once John had sorted the bloke out. John & Darren come back to where I was still standing laughing there heads off.

I don't think this was a daggers fan causing problems as I didn't recognised him & I have been to every daggers games this season.
summk55

I arrived at the ground at the same time as the team coach.

Spoke to John Still who told me that Kandi was injuried.
Phippo

John Still should stick to what he's paid for! Recently he has had a go (at home matches) at season ticket holders for daring to voice non abusive opinions during games. One long time supporter urged the team not to ease off when we were in a very comfortable lead! John suggested he shut up and go somewhere else! A totally uncalled for reaction, but unfortunately not unusual from John nowadays.
Adrian

Supporters shouldn't be urging players to go against the managers instructions.
If the manager wants them to ease off then they should.
DaggerJoel11

John Still has got three different teams out of this league. I think he is slightly more knowledgable about tactics than a fan. On the other hand though, people do pay their money and are entitled to an opinion, but the team are hardly going to respect it are they.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Phippo

Adrian wrote:Supporters shouldn't be urging players to go against the managers instructions.
Nice assumption there Adrian!
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:Supporters shouldn't be urging players to go against the managers instructions.
Strange thing to say Adrian I`ve paid my money to watch a game of attacking football like loads of others and not to watch a team who just kick the ball back and forth or too sit back defending a lead ,fair enough if we are 5 nil up but at 1 nil or 2 nil you can`t afford too we have lost to many times doing that and how is the club going to attract new supporters if they come and watch a team who play boring football ?
Chigwellian

Adrian is one of these guys who just agrees with everything management says.. he couldn’t see anything wrong with Burnett while a good 90% of the crowd saw exactly what his failings were..
I’m glad I don’t work with Adrian coz he certainly wouldn’t have your ‘back’