Solihull Moors..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

The Romford Dagger wrote: 5-2 win over sunderland
No one is interested in Ipswich results - This is a Dagenham & Redbridge Forum!!
Auntie Merge

Sagres wrote:
No one is interested in Ipswich results - This is a Dagenham & Redbridge Forum!!
But we welcome all sorts of discussions.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote:A builder messed up my extension. We argued and I explained to him that he was a tosser. I felt safe because I paid his wages. Imagine my surprise as he plunged a ww2 bayonet into my shoulder and butted me in the face. I remonstrated some more and he kicked my lifeless body into the street. Lesson learnt... paying someone's wages does not give me the right to abuse them without response.
Is the ghost of Arnu writing this post as he`s dead according to this.
The Romford Dagger

Sagres wrote:

I wasn't the one who brought Ipswich into this to be fair.

No wonder people stay away from here and discussion is minimal. It's the LEAST welcoming forum I've ever seen.
dagger4eva

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Sagres wrote:

No wonder people stay away from here and discussion is minimal. It's the LEAST welcoming forum I've ever seen.
****** off!!!

Sorry u asked for that :)
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:Adrian your quote :-Freedom of speech does not give any one the right to say anything they want to. If it did there could be no such thing as slander or libel.
No one has the right to be abusive to other people. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe that to be the case.

Here is what the dictionary says about the word freedom

freedom
ˈfriːdəm/Submit
noun
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants.
It's nice that you've quoted the dictionary definition of a word, but it's also completely irrelevant.

The thing you should have quoted is the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which is what defines freedom of speech.
It does so as below:
Article 19

1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.

2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.

3. The exercise of the rights provided for in paragraph 2 of this article carries with it special duties and responsibilities. It may therefore be subject to certain restrictions, but these shall only be such as are provided by law and are necessary:

(a) For respect of the rights or reputations of others;

(b) For the protection of national security or of public order (ordre public), or of public health or morals.

See the bit in para 3 - the bit about how it might be subject to certain restrictions. To cut it shorts, it means that no-one can just say anything they want to.
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:quote="The Romford Dagger"]
5-2 win over sunderland

No wonder people stay away from here and discussion is minimal. It's the LEAST welcoming forum I've ever seen.[/quote]

****** off!!!

Sorry u asked for that :)[/quote]

Ha - well played
Phippo

In fairness Romford Dagger, you were the only one to mention Ipswich, unless they're the only team in Suffolk! :D