Solihull Moors..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Just cos someone pays your wages doesn't mean you have to eat their shit though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

So by that logic, I am free to shout abuse at any employee of any company whose products or services I purchase, or at any public sector worker. It's flawless logic.
Daggernewbie

Alan wrote:So by that logic, I am free to shout abuse at any employee of any company whose products or services I purchase, or at any public sector worker. It's flawless logic.
Yes it`s called freedom of speech
Alan

Riiiiiggggghhht. But that's only if I've paid towards their wages? If I've not paid towards their wages, I can't shout abuse?
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:
Alan wrote:So by that logic, I am free to shout abuse at any employee of any company whose products or services I purchase, or at any public sector worker. It's flawless logic.
Hahahaha. Do you find yourself getting punched in the mouth a lot?
Alan

Am I restricted to abusing people whose wages I pay in respect only of the actions taken during their employment and their employers activities, or can I go outside if the scope of their employment and just, for example, call them a tosser?

If I'm only allowed to abuse them in matters allied to their employment, can I abuse them for any act their employer takes, for example, can I abuse any public sector worker in respect of any decision, act or omission by the government?
Phippo

This topic certainly got ambushed! Reckon we can place the blame on Solihull Moors! :D :D :D
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Adrain :- Ah the old "we pay their wages" rubbish.
By that logic I can go and verbally abuse a police officer and expect no comeback at all.[/quote

Yes Adrian you can verbally abuse the police at protests, football games etc. and they don`t take action you see it on TV all time and yes everybody who goes to the game pay`s part of their wages so how is that rubbish ?
A season ticket holder won't contribute enough to cover a month of most players wages.
That's why it is is rubbish.
Adrian the words I used were" Everybody who goes to the game pay`s part of their wages ". But now you mention it anybody buying a season ticket,ticket`s at the gate ,programmes,merchandise, drinks ( club bars ) etc . so what ever way you want to look at it we pay their wages.
I was using a specific example of the single largest transaction a supporter would normally have with the club in order to illustrate the point. I apologise that it was probably a little bit too subtle.

The profit on the takings from bars, merchandise etc is minimal and will make little difference to our ability to pay wages.

The things that are paying wages in reality are sponsorship, sale of players and league/FA funding.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
So why do a number of organisations make it very clear that verbal abuse of their employees will not be tolerated and can result in legal action being taken?
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:
So why do a number of organisations make it very clear that verbal abuse of their employees will not be tolerated and can result in legal action being taken?
True but everyone still has the right to freedom of speech whether it`s abusive ,arse licking or saying something really nice and to answer your other point :-

Quote :- The profit on the takings from bars, merchandise etc is minimal and will make little difference to our ability to pay wages.
The things that are paying wages in reality are sponsorship, sale of players and league/FA funding.

Answer :- What ever twist you want to put on it me and other supporters still pay part of their wages whether it`s or not it`s minimal also when we play any cup competitions etc. we all have to buy tickets for these so this also helps pay their wages and other bills.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote: True but everyone still has the right to freedom of speech whether it`s abusive ,arse licking or saying something really nice and to answer your other point :-

Quote :- The profit on the takings from bars, merchandise etc is minimal and will make little difference to our ability to pay wages.

Answer :- What ever twist you want to put on it me and other supporters still pay part of their wages whether it`s or not it`s minimal also when we play any cup competitions etc. we all have to buy tickets for these so this also helps pay their wages and other bills.
Freedom of speech does not give any one the right to say anything they want to. If it did there could be no such thing as slander or libel.
No one has the right to be abusive to other people. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe that to be the case.

The income from supporters is nothing like as important as you think it is.
Either way, any level of contribution does not give a right to voice any opinion you want to.
Daggernewbie

Adrian your quote :-Freedom of speech does not give any one the right to say anything they want to. If it did there could be no such thing as slander or libel.
No one has the right to be abusive to other people. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe that to be the case.

Here is what the dictionary says about the word freedom

freedom
ˈfriːdəm/Submit
noun
the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants.
Alan

There are always limits on the freedom of speech, be they laws such as those prohibiting discrimination or incitement to comit acts, contractual terms (such as ground regulations upon which admittance is granted), or the rules of a club/society. It's just silly to pretend otherwise.

The notion that payment of somebody's wages entitles you to treat them in whatever way you see fit is a rather quaint one.
The Romford Dagger

Phippo wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Phippo wrote:Of course I have an agenda! I'm thinking of travelling to Suffolk to support another team! :D :D

I've always supported Ipswich.

In fact I'm on my way to a game right now.
Surely you are not blaming me for that?
5-2 win over sunderland
ARNU

A builder messed up my extension. We argued and I explained to him that he was a tosser. I felt safe because I paid his wages. Imagine my surprise as he plunged a ww2 bayonet into my shoulder and butted me in the face. I remonstrated some more and he kicked my lifeless body into the street. Lesson learnt... paying someone's wages does not give me the right to abuse them without response.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !