Solihull Moors..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:
Alan wrote:Always amused by football supporters who complain when players/managers have the temerity to respond to their criticism.
It amuses me when someone puts a different slant on what actually occurs! The supporter I referred to, was (in my opinion) offering encouragement to the team. John appears nowadays to need very little said to shout the "offender" down! He's paid to manage the team, not the supporters!
OK, so tell us what was actually said and how it was said so we can judge it ourselves.
ARNU

It's a free country, you can pretty much say what you like Certainly think what you like. John still has every right to respond in kind. Personally cannot understand how anyone could get that annoyed about 5th division football. Ranting on a forum seems somewhat ridiculous too but hey ho !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Phippo

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Phippo wrote:
Alan wrote:Always amused by football supporters who complain when players/managers have the temerity to respond to their criticism.
It amuses me when someone puts a different slant on what actually occurs! The supporter I referred to, was (in my opinion) offering encouragement to the team. John appears nowadays to need very little said to shout the "offender" down! He's paid to manage the team, not the supporters!
OK, so tell us what was actually said and how it was said so we can judge it ourselves.
Mike, I mentioned what was said, earlier in this thread! There was no malice or criticism in what the supporter said. I have also been on the end of Johns comments (as have others) but appreciate we are all entitled to disagree with another's views.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Fair play Adrian missed it but we have paid for the right to voice our opinion and John should accept it if said in a not abusive way.
You have paid to watch a football match.
No-one has to accept someone else's opinions.

There is some utter rubbish spouted across the ground.
None of it should be accepted just because it is someone's opinion.
Basically Adrian everyone has the right to shout out what they want as we pay John`s and the teams wages whether they like it or not because there be no Dagenham & Redridge FC if it wasn`t for us supporting them week in week out.
Ah the old "we pay their wages" rubbish.
By that logic I can go and verbally abuse a police officer and expect no comeback at all.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Haven't we been through this before? Like, a million times?
Mike the Dagger

Phippo wrote:One long time supporter urged the team not to ease off when we were in a very comfortable lead!
That one? ^^^^^

How was the "urging" phrased?
Phippo

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Phippo wrote:One long time supporter urged the team not to ease off when we were in a very comfortable lead!
That one? ^^^^^

How was the "urging" phrased?
Re: Solihull Moors..
Postby Phippo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:59 pm

John Still should stick to what he's paid for! Recently he has had a go (at home matches) at season ticket holders for daring to voice non abusive opinions during games. One long time supporter urged the team not to ease off when we were in a very comfortable lead! John suggested he shut up and go somewhere else! A totally uncalled for reaction, but unfortunately not unusual from John nowadays.

The team were going deeper and deeper when the guy called out along the lines of "keep it going Daggers, this is not the time to ease off". No swearing or offensive language at all.
The Romford Dagger

Phippo wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
Phippo wrote:Always amused by football supporters who complain when players/managers have the temerity to respond to their criticism.
Mike, I mentioned what was said, earlier in this thread! There was no malice or criticism in what the supporter said. I have also been on the end of Johns comments (as have others) but appreciate we are all entitled to disagree with another's views.[/quote]

Oh now it makes sense. You have an agenda.
Phippo

Of course I have an agenda! I'm thinking of travelling to Suffolk to support another team! :D :D
The Romford Dagger

Phippo wrote:Of course I have an agenda! I'm thinking of travelling to Suffolk to support another team! :D :D

I've always supported Ipswich.

In fact I'm on my way to a game right now.
Daggernewbie

Adrain :- Ah the old "we pay their wages" rubbish.
By that logic I can go and verbally abuse a police officer and expect no comeback at all.[/quote

Yes Adrian you can verbally abuse the police at protests, football games etc. and they don`t take action you see it on TV all time and yes everybody who goes to the game pay`s part of their wages so how is that rubbish ?
Phippo

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Phippo wrote:Of course I have an agenda! I'm thinking of travelling to Suffolk to support another team! :D :D

I've always supported Ipswich.

In fact I'm on my way to a game right now.
Surely you are not blaming me for that?
Alan

Daggernewbie wrote:Adrain :- Ah the old "we pay their wages" rubbish.
By that logic I can go and verbally abuse a police officer and expect no comeback at all.[/quote

Yes Adrian you can verbally abuse the police at protests, football games etc. and they don`t take action you see it on TV all time and yes everybody who goes to the game pay`s part of their wages so how is that rubbish ?
Priceless.
Adrian

A season ticket holder won't contribute enough to cover a month of most players wages.
That's why it is is rubbish.
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:

A season ticket holder won't contribute enough to cover a month of most players wages.
That's why it is is rubbish.
Adrian the words I used were" Everybody who goes to the game pay`s part of their wages ". But now you mention it anybody buying a season ticket,ticket`s at the gate ,programmes,merchandise, drinks ( club bars ) etc . so what ever way you want to look at it we pay their wages.