Solihull Moors..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Chigwellian wrote:Adrian is one of these guys who just agrees with everything management says.. he couldn’t see anything wrong with Burnett while a good 90% of the crowd saw exactly what his failings were..
I’m glad I don’t work with Adrian coz he certainly wouldn’t have your ‘back’
Couldn't see anything wrong with Burnett? Are there 2 Adrians out there?
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:Adrian is one of these guys who just agrees with everything management says.. he couldn’t see anything wrong with Burnett while a good 90% of the crowd saw exactly what his failings were..
Couldn't see anything wrong with Burnett? Are there 2 Adrians out there?
You are badly wrong there I think chigwellian as I think that to my recollection Adrian was not happy about Wayne even getting the gig on a full time basis, an opinion he continued to view when we finished two seasons in mid table.When Arnu betrayed me and joined the A4ers I was the only Bennetite left in the village.

Surprise to hear the Manager has made comments like this , I thought the whole purpose of going to a game paying good money is to get behind the team. Don't see much point in going if this is the case. When the few of us stood in that god for Saken hole Saturday shouting come on Dagenham that was wrong was it ?.

As for the incident Saturday I don't blame the gaffer , nobody should have to put up with that abuse and he should not have found himself in that situation in the first instance.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:Supporters shouldn't be urging players to go against the managers instructions.
If the manager wants them to ease off then they should.
Strange thing to say Adrian I`ve paid my money to watch a game of attacking football like loads of others and not to watch a team who just kick the ball back and forth or too sit back defending a lead ,fair enough if we are 5 nil up but at 1 nil or 2 nil you can`t afford too we have lost to many times doing that and how is the club going to attract new supporters if they come and watch a team who play boring football ?
The post I responded to mentions that we were in a very comfortable lead. Please read threads properly before calling someone else's post "strange".
I'd picked out what was wrong with Burnett long before you and the rest of that 90% had.
I'm not sure what your last point refers to as you clearly know absolutely nothing about me. I'd imagine it's meant to be an insult of some sort but to be honest I don't understand it. I don't see why blindly not backing someone is a bad thing. I generally prefer to stick with my principles and use evidence to judge situations.
ARNU

I don't think we gave Burnett a chance. He had 2 reasonable finishes but the knives were out for him from day 1. In the end he had to go but I think the fans made him ill and he wasn't very good at taking criticism. To be fair John still couldn't get that team to work when he took over either and we were relegated before the seasons end. I never had a silly bit of A4 either. I just felt we'd broken the man and it was best for all parties that he went. Without doubt Still is a way better manager with more experience but this is his level .
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:Supporters shouldn't be urging players to go against the managers instructions.
If the manager wants them to ease off then they should.
Strange thing to say Adrian I`ve paid my money to watch a game of attacking football like loads of others and not to watch a team who just kick the ball back and forth or too sit back defending a lead ,fair enough if we are 5 nil up but at 1 nil or 2 nil you can`t afford too we have lost to many times doing that and how is the club going to attract new supporters if they come and watch a team who play boring football ?
The post I responded to mentions that we were in a very comfortable lead. Please read threads properly before calling someone else's post "strange".
I'd picked out what was wrong with Burnett long before you and the rest of that 90% had.
I'm not sure what your last point refers to as you clearly know absolutely nothing about me. I'd imagine it's meant to be an insult of some sort but to be honest I don't understand it. I don't see why blindly not backing someone is a bad thing. I generally prefer to stick with my principles and use evidence to judge situations.
What thread said we were comfortable please highlight I`ve read them all and I can`t see it.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:I don't think we gave Burnett a chance. He had 2 reasonable finishes but the knives were out for him from day 1. In the end he had to go but I think the fans made him ill and he wasn't very good at taking criticism. To be fair John still couldn't get that team to work when he took over either and we were relegated before the seasons end. I never had a silly bit of A4 either. I just felt we'd broken the man and it was best for all parties that he went. Without doubt Still is a way better manager with more experience but this is his level .
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote: Strange thing to say Adrian I`ve paid my money to watch a game of attacking football like loads of others and not to watch a team who just kick the ball back and forth or too sit back defending a lead ,fair enough if we are 5 nil up but at 1 nil or 2 nil you can`t afford too we have lost to many times doing that and how is the club going to attract new supporters if they come and watch a team who play boring football ?
What thread said we were comfortable please highlight I`ve read them all and I can`t see it.
Here you go.
Phippo wrote:John Still should stick to what he's paid for! Recently he has had a go (at home matches) at season ticket holders for daring to voice non abusive opinions during games. One long time supporter urged the team not to ease off when we were in a very comfortable lead! John suggested he shut up and go somewhere else! A totally uncalled for reaction, but unfortunately not unusual from John nowadays.
Daggernewbie

Fair play Adrian missed it but we have paid for the right to voice our opinion and John should accept it if said in a not abusive way.
Adrian

Daggernewbie wrote:Fair play Adrian missed it but we have paid for the right to voice our opinion and John should accept it if said in a not abusive way.
You have paid to watch a football match.
No-one has to accept someone else's opinions.

There is some utter rubbish spouted across the ground.
None of it should be accepted just because it is someone's opinion.
ARNU

If someone wants to call out John still then he has every right to respond. Someone comes up to you and slags you off you gonna just wear it ? ****** he'll it's only football. I'd say if you don't like it don't come.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Adrian knows best.
Daggernewbie

Adrian wrote:
Daggernewbie wrote:Fair play Adrian missed it but we have paid for the right to voice our opinion and John should accept it if said in a not abusive way.

Basically Adrian everyone has the right to shout out what they want as we pay John`s and the teams wages whether they like it or not because there be no Dagenham & Redridge FC if it wasn`t for us supporting them week in week out.
Mike the Dagger

Daggernewbie wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Basically Adrian everyone has the right to shout out what they want as we pay John`s and the teams wages whether they like it or not because there be no Dagenham & Redridge FC if it wasn`t for us supporting them week in week out.
Equally John Still has every right to give some back. It works both ways.

I'd be pretty sure he was as disappointed with Saturday as anyone else tbh. It is football folks, there is no God given right to win every week.

To remind you, at Solihull last year a 6-2 win was met with abuse for Thommo and Bennett. Do they put something in the tea up there?
Alan

Always amused by football supporters who complain when players/managers have the temerity to respond to their criticism.
Phippo

Alan wrote:Always amused by football supporters who complain when players/managers have the temerity to respond to their criticism.
It amuses me when someone puts a different slant on what actually occurs! The supporter I referred to, was (in my opinion) offering encouragement to the team. John appears nowadays to need very little said to shout the "offender" down! He's paid to manage the team, not the supporters!