Shaymen (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

Tame Denton we could come out winners, remember last season at the Shay in that Cup replay he ran the show and caused havoc to our defence, a old brigade lanky striker, really need a good result today to bring back confidence and three losses on a spin would be unbearable walking out at ten to five considering how well we've started, from reports they hammered the O's midweek and our team hopefully will show us how far they have come under Stilly's new strategy.
daggersjeff

Get in!!! 1-0!!
daggersjeff

2-0!! Corey Whitely

COYD!!
daggersjeff

3-0 @HT Robson, Whitely and og

Close it out now boys!!
leewilson

Very good performance that.

And well done Jake Howells. Gets a lot of stick (not all of it justified) but he was very good today. He does remind me a bit of Guttridge in the way that everything is 1 or 2 touch and he's always looking to pass forward. The times he overplays is actually when he loses the ball but when he keeps it simple and crisp, he's a very good player to have. His set piece delivery is superb too.

Kandi and Ferrier gave them no rest at all. They just couldn't cope. Both just need to find their shooting boots. It's slowly become apparent that maybe that's why Ferrier hasn't played at a higher level. He has all the attributes but his decision making when he's 1v1 and 10 yards or so from goal is often poor.

All in all, a very good day against a potentially awkward side.
NBDag

How are they so high up in the league? Apart from their goal which was a great header, they were bloody dreadful. Good to see us back to winning ways and some nice results going in our favour. Nunn again was my MOTM today, kept that 7 in his pocket all game. Really enjoyed seeing Boucaud getting stuck in with challenges too. Only shame was that we took our foot of the pedal massively in the second half. They have some right bellend fans too.
Alan

Competent but not spectacular. Thought Robinson and Nunn were superb today. Agree that Ferrier needs to start shooting.

Halifax were, to put it mildly, one dimensional.
Dagger83

Play the bottom two next. Could be a good end to the month...
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Pondfield Dagger

good win, first 10 mins Halifax started well and thought we was in for a tough game, how wrong i was.
Their no.9, Denton just turned 28 years of age in July, wow. and stewards earning their keep in the traditional builders stand, away fans in the wrong section it looked like? And what a second half performance from the Ref!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great effort from all 12.

My word that Mason has grown into a big boy since we last saw him and was pleased with what I saw.

Kandi was told by Ferrier exactly what he thought when he shot wide when if he pulls back Morgan is open, but come on Morgan wouldn't you if you had the same situation?

Thought Robson was solid in the heart of our defence and Robinson again was the unsung hero as the janitor but Saturday in a row were Howells finally showed what he is about.

My only disappointment is their goal good header yes but far to easy in my view and once again from a re start.

What looked an akward game in reality was a bit of a stroll which could have been a turkey shoot,we were very good but Halifax were simply awful and it will remain a mystery as to how they have not concealed on their travels this season.
TommyD&R

Great first half, could've been a lot more but the point about the decision making of our forwards is right. Love Ferrier but I'm not sure why he feels the need to beat someone then wait for them so he can beat them again. Howells looked a lot better today but I still think the Ferrier, Whitely, Boucaud, Robson or Nunn could've got motm instead. Fair play to Ling too, two decent games on the wrong side, I'd rather have him there than Pennell at the moment. Can anyone tell me what happened with the Halifax fans in the tb stand?
Adrian

Thought we did a very professional job today.
Dealt with their only plan really well, and gave Denton nothing.

Kandi looked a real handful. Howells does a reasonable job of getting us going forward. He's never going to best fullbacks for pace but will play good balls.
Ferrier could do with just beating his man once and not going back to try it again.

Special mention for the referee today. Utterly brainless.
Their six had to be sent off after dragging back Ferrier in the second half.
The drop ball was a joke. Either stop Play when the players go down straight away or let the ball go out.
A little common sense would have said to give the corner as the ball was going out as he blew his whistle.
Giving the drop ball was just asking for trouble.
ARNU

Well I feel like I witnessed a 1-0 defeat. Didn't get there till the start of the 2nd half and only goal I saw was theirs. Too easy for them I thought. It was obvious Halifax were shit though. Can't see how they were 2nd before today's game. By far the worst side to play us this season I thought. There was a bit of agg outside as I walked thru the car park. Some lads were thrown out. Didn't recognise if they were our idiots or theirs. What was that all about ? C
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

A good result and what could prove to be a very handy three points come the end of the year.

Felt we contained Denton well and controlled the game. That first half was brilliant and was one of the best 45 minutes I've seen in recent years. However, I felt that straight after the break we took our foot off the gas and let them back into the game.

The goal was such a soft one to concede and everyone was panicking about Denton that we let the scorer straight in unchallenged.

All things considered we did well. I personally thought Ferrier or Nunn were MOTM for me today with Ferrier edging it.
Alan

They had 4 or 5 thrown out. for some reason, they kept trying to cross the neutral area to get into the home end.